Oscraps

A Perfect Tree
lkdavis

A Perfect Tree

I didn't have enough of the right photos to tell the story I wanted to write, so I adapted, using only part of page 19 of the new template release and the new ArtsyTransfers Merry Christmas.

Anna Aspnes
Artsy Transfers Merry Tree ArtsyTransfers Merry Tree
ArtPlay Palette Merry Tree ArtPlay Palette Merry Tree
Holidday Template Album No 4 (Page 19) Holiday Template Album No. 4
Christmas WordArt No. 10 Christmas WordArt No. 10
UrbanThreadz No. 4 UrbanThreadz No. 4
UrbanThreadz No. 3 UrbanThreadz No. 3

Font: Adobe Garamond Pro

Process: I began with transfer_1 from the new ArtsyTransfers Merry Tree, placing them over solid paper_1 from the ArtPlay Palette. I used a hue and saturation layer to deepen the green paint stain a little, Then I brought in a shot of my current Christmas tree, desaturated it a little, clipped it to the fotoblendz from page 19 of the Holiday Album Template. Below the fotoblendz, I placed the stains, recoloring them white, to give the illusion of the wall behind the tree as well as transfer_3 and transfer 6 from the palette. Above the photo, I used two copies of the texture from Artsy Transfer_2, rotating one copy. I attached the older photo, on which I used a black and white adjustment, to two merged copies of stain on the left. Its not a great photo, but I wanted to suggest the scene that I wrote about in my journaling. I placed the thread around it to focus on the photo. On the right, I clipped another copy to the stain so that my photo was stronger, covering only part of the stain. I then added word art, my journaling, the evergreen from the template, another urban thread, a button and the bow from the Merry Tree.
Love this! Looks like we both had Christmas trees on our mind!! :) I think it's a great photo! Curious why do you say it's not?

I love the dreamy look you gave your photo, and the visual triangle of green.

beautiful holiday page. Love how you used the threadz and button along with the wordart around your photo.

Love your journaling and how the threads lead the eye. Beautiful tree and page!

it's a beautiful tree. i like how you've used the stitches and the placement of your journaling.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
lkdavis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout