Oscraps

A is for Abundance--ProjAlbum2016
musicmom3

A is for Abundance--ProjAlbum2016

This is the first page done as part of the new aAProject 2016 classI'm doing an alphabet of reflections of the last year (and possibly beyond, wherever memory takes me). If you're signed up for the course but not yet in the Facebook group, do join uswe're a rollicking good crowd!

Products:
Yule Artplay Palette **coming tomorrow**
Project Album No. 2, pg. 1 http://www.oscraps.com/shop/Project-Template-Album-No.-2.html

Process for Photoshop Elements 14
I'm shooting for a page a day to complete this project so time really is of the essence. I have decided to work on the album pages in order and NOT to fuss with the templates--in this case, my only changes were to move the numeral and to expand the the text boxes.

After I dropped in the photos I spent most of the time on the journaling and the title, which I made see-through by using blending modes and then duplicating the title and using more blending modes.

I really like the papers in this Artplay Palette, so layered a number of them up, again on different blending modes, removing any unwanted pieces with layer masks. I also used the papers on the top of the layer stack, on multiply mode at low opacity, for additional texture and a bit of brightness. Because I like a full look, I pulled in some transfers and overlays, too.

The deer came lastI loved the way they accentuated the deer head on my new candle jar. I put on the jaunty bows and added buttons, recoloring one green just to offset the coral a bit.
a wonderful 'full' page, and a good word to contemplate. I'm envious of those who do a "document December" type project...I'm still working on September :) love the repetition of the jars and the golden light, and the deer :)

Love this! This is going to be a great project and I look forward to seeing more of your pages! Wish we had a Trader Joe's near us!

An awesome beginning to your Album, the papers do look amazing!! But then so does the whole layout, so much to take in and such wonderful framing!

Your paper blending is fabulous! A very festive page to start your album. Love those candles! We don't have a Trader Joe's close by, so I'm a bit jealous.

Your pages are always a great inspiration Laura and I so admire your writing skills, you are one clever lady!

Love the alphabet idea. Hope to get our tree tomorrow and I can decide whether or not to do a Christmas book now. Don't usually do the Christmas book until January/February. Like the idea of a page a day and the traditions focus. Maybe the Grandkids would like a bit of what gets done before they arrive. Will see how it goes. Change is good.

love your alphabet idea! your journaling is awesome! beautiful blending! love the photos! great start to your album!

love how you make art out of the ordinary. and abundance is the best "A" of the three!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout