Oscraps

A Flower
B

A Flower

There were some colorful bouquets in the grocery store and I had to take a photo. I loved the yellows, reds and pinks together.

Quote: When a flower doesnt bloom you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower. ~ The Vibrant Mind There are times we have to be mindful of our surroundings and how it is affecting us.

ArtPlay Palette JoyfulArtPlayPaletteJoyful
ArtsyPaint No. 10ArtsyPaintNo.10
Spackle Textured No. 6apackleTexturedNo.6
MiniDots No. 1MiniDotsNo.1
ArtsyStains No. 3ArtsyStainsNo.3
Paper Textures No. 1PaperTexturesNo.3
ArchiTextures No. 7ArchTexturesNo.7
UrbanStitchez No. 6UrbanStitchezNo.6
JazzedUp LoopDaLoops No. 2 (Retired)
Photo: Mine
Font: Wild Spirit

Process Notes: Opening a 12 x 12 file and bringing in my photo I used four different artsy paint brushes, stacking them on top of each other and arranging. I duplicated the photo 3 more times and clipped each copy to a artsy paint in the stack. I brought in several different papers, trying them on for size and liked artsy paper 1 the best for the foundation. Then going back to the clipped stack, I used different blend modes on each artsy paint brush all at 100% opacity. Starting from the bottom and moving up the stack, I used Overlay, Screen, Pin Light and Multiply. I put these in a Group.

Underneath the flower stack, I tucked overlays from the Palette next to the right side scribble line of the paper and over these overlays I stamped the paper texture following the vertical line of the paper. Also below the the flower stack I placed stains from the Palette and artsy stains 3. These were colored pink and aqua respectively. Adding the spackle on the lower right side of the paper texture and over it I placed the architecture stamp in pink.

Over the photo stack I added a couple mini dots taking the colors from the palette and photo. One is pink and the other is aqua.

The threads and brad were placed and the jazzed up loopdaloop with the tiny yellow flower was brought in under the brad and threads.

I had typed out the quote earlier, placing it all over the place on the page and decided I liked it best tucked at the top of the flowers. That completes this layout.
The original photo was wonderful (saw it on Instagram), and you have done awesome things with it. Love that quote. I really like the black lined splats down the center.

Very interesting use of the paints stacked and clipped to the photo. I may just have to give that a try. Love your page and the quote also. Such great colors and awesome design.

This is so amazing! I love the splashes of color and the hint of flowers. A very magical piece!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout