Oscraps

A Different View
B

A Different View

This photo was taken by my granddaughter Autumn of a row of cottages in Cirencester, England last July. Very much an enchanted, fairytale kind of place. My family said they didnt see a living soul, but they heard the sound of televisions coming from the cottages.

ArtsyTransfers RudenejaArtsyTransfersRudeneja
ArtPlay Palette RudenejaArtPlayPaletteRudeneja
Change WordART Mix No. 1ChangeWordARTMixNo.1
Splatters No. 1AplattersNo.1
See WordART No. 1AeeWordARTNo.1
ArtsyStains No. 2ArtsyStainsNo.2
PaperTextures No. 2 (Retired)
UrbanThreadz No. 1 (Retired)
TapedTextures No. 2TapedTexturesNo.2
ArtsyStains No. 5ArtsyStainsNo.5
Photo: Autumn Reed
Font: Fortunaschwein

Notes: I gave the photo an Orton Effect, then brought it into a new 12 x 12 file. I used artsy paper 4 as the background. Adding a reverse layer mask to the photo, I brought it in with various AnnaBlendz brushes at different opacities. These are some of my work horse brushes that I always use.

Grouping a couple of transfers, I brought those in underneath the photo on both sides of the page, reinforcing the framing of the photo. I didnt use all of the bits and pieces of the transfers and some were moved slightly. I did more blending of the photo using the reverse layer mask. I also placed the art stroke from the Palette just above the background layer.

Word art was placed around the page along with some staining and brushes from the palette tucked in here and there discretely. A paper texture brush was placed next to the crease of the background layer and the place and date typed on the opposite side of the crease.

The title was blended to Color Burn and using the Blend Ifs to fade it more into the background underneath. The threads and button was added to finish the page.
Seems too enchanted to be real...maybe a book illustration. So pretty. I want to go there.

It has a storybook quality. I guess there must have been something very entertaining on for everyone to be inside. Beautiful blending. The placement at the top of the page is perfect with the brown background it's like the place you find at the end of a hidden road.

I agree with Adryane it does have a story book vibe - gorgeous - love how you got the photo to blend in so naturally!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout