Oscraps

#5: Vanilla
zlemon

#5: Vanilla

This challenge was to create a monochromatic design. I had just taken the perfect photo...a bottle of my home-made vanilla. I've been making my own vanilla for over 10 years now, started when a friend gave me a bunch of vanilla beans for my birthday. I gift it to my sister and my friends usually as a Christmas present. It's easy to make—all you need is beans, alcohol and a bottle. (l typically use vodka for gifts, but I use bourbon and/or spiced rum for mine. The bourbon's great in chocolate treats and the rum in full-flavored baked goods.) To make: split 5-7 beans in half open slightly, place in bottle then fill the bottle with your alcohol of choice. Keep stored on its side in a cool dark place for 6-8 weeks, turning weekly to distribute the seeds.

Oh, I don't typically buy expensive beans—I got my latest batch of 10 from Costco for $17.60—which is a reasonable price.

Used one of Anna's new template.

Thanks for looking.
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
  • Love
Reactions: isDK
What a fantastic monochromatic page! I love your photos with your homemade vanilla! Thank you also for sharing the recipe! I would love to make my own vanilla!

Love it ,been making vanilla for years.. my family save their bottles for refill. Love the clean design, and the template works perfectly.

Love this story and love the monochromatic design! That brown texture is great! I somehow thought vanilla was very expensive!

I would love to receive this as a gift.
As this is not possible, I'll stick to your recipe. Thank you very much for it.
beautiful, simple yet sophisticated design.

Love this story and love the monochromatic design! That brown texture is great! I somehow thought vanilla was very expensive!
That brown texture is actually the sunshade covering a window in my sunroom. I placed a vintage wooden ironing board under it — it’s my new photo staging area. I love the way the shade cast different shadows at different times of the day.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
zlemon
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename