Oscraps

20231101-vintage-Christine-web.jpg
Christi

20231101-vintage-Christine-web.jpg

My current project is an album of my childhood years and this page was the latest page that I was creating. It is a very poor photo with a big strip of white down the middle hence the window... I wanted to use it from a historical point of view and it was too hard to restore so I cheated a little.

The journalling reads: In 1947 the car would have been a few years old and I would have been in my second year so I guess this makes us both “vintage.” As an early baby boomer I beat the rush. The land across the road in this photo is completely vacant but within a few years it was totally built upon due to the post war baby boom and the influx of migrants from many parts of the world. The car was Father’s pride and joy and the roses on the fence (and the rest of the garden) my mother’s. I think we were pretty important as well!
Credits list
Broadway Regular
Allesia Regular - dafont
Graphite Std Regular
lunas-type_hathaway-FontSpace
LA-hearth-home
LA_StepBack
LA_PnN_wall panel (modified)
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Lynne Anzelc Designs
  • Love
Reactions: Su_Sanne
A wonderful insight into your childhood through an open window! Well done! I like the curtains.

This is wonderful! I love how you "cheated" to make this a fabulous page. I also love your choice of fonts. They seem both legible and perfect for the era. I also like the punch of color in your little flower cluster. (You were a little cutie, by the way. :) )

This is wonderful! I love how you "cheated" to make this a fabulous page. I also love your choice of fonts. They seem both legible and perfect for the era. I also like the punch of color in your little flower cluster. (You were a little cutie, by the way. :) )
Nasturtiums had to be my choice for this as they grew profusely around our water tank (holding water collected from our roof when it rained) and I loved to bite the end and suck out the nectar. The area always seemed somewhat cooler than its surroundings.

Layout information

Category
Challenge 4
Added by
Christi
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename