Oscraps

20231018-magic-cave-1948-web.jpg
Christi

20231018-magic-cave-1948-web.jpg

Journalling:
How dauniting must this have been... This was one scary Father Christmas. At the age of about 21/2 this may well have been my first encounter with the “merry” gentleman. I look quite taken aback! But a trip to the “Magic Cave” was a wondrous thing with all the traditional wintry scenes and snow everywhere. There were also two big rocking horses, Nipper and Nimble. Every year in November Father Christmas arrived in a pageant through the city preceded by floats, bands, clowns and dancers. (This still happens now and it has grown considerably over the years). It is all in stark contrast to the reality of our hot summer weather. The family generally spent Christmas in the caravan at the beach each year! Christmas 1948
I love your story!! Love the photo, he does look a little daunting. How wonderful to see a different perspective of a Christmas Holiday, thank you!!

I love your story!! Love the photo, he does look a little daunting. How wonderful to see a different perspective of a Christmas Holiday, thank you!!
It is always a little difficult to scrap our Christmases as they are so different but I usually finish up using something associated with water!:paddling::fan:

Layout information

Category
Lynne Anzelc Designs
Added by
Christi
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename