Oscraps

2023 Travel Project p16 Let's Go to Kyoto! Left Side
lacy

2023 Travel Project p16 Let's Go to Kyoto! Left Side

This May 30, 1951 letter is a story about Dad attempting to walk from Otsu to Kyoto, about 11 miles. He ended catching the bus/trolley into Kyoto, writing as he went. He mentions the beautiful countryside, the polite people (wearing masks just for a cold), the noise, the dust, having a "cold glass of cider, that tastes like sweet 7up and leaves as sweet a burp as a choc malt – which is almost unattainable", and saw a movie Jungle Jim in the Lost Jungle, or something like that.

I placed p16 of the Travel Template Album above Vagary solid paper 4. I placed the letter text above the fotoblendz layer, adjusting the size to fit the text and the stains around it, and placed the countryside image from the internet (35% opacity) between the text and the fotoblendz. I removed several small frames and clipped photos/map to the remaining masks. The bottom left photo is the only one of Dad's on this page. Embellished with MultiMedia elements, title and one text box.
Credits list
Travel Template Album 7 p16
ArtPlay Palette Vagary (solid Paper 4)
MultiMedia Frames 9-4 (threadz, grass, heart rope, fotoglows)
Paper Textures 14-7
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
  • Love
Reactions: ClaireG
What a fantastic layout! I love the photos you used and the map that you also included. I also love to read the journaling behind the photos!

What a fantastic layout! I love the photos you used and the map that you also included. I also love to read the journaling behind the photos!
Thank you Evelyn. I wasn't sure if the letters could be read from the posts. Thank you for commenting on it.

Thank you Evelyn. I wasn't sure if the letters could be read from the posts. Thank you for commenting on it.
I have granny eyes so sometimes I also use a magnifying glass and my glasses to read journaling!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
lacy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename