Oscraps

12 Days Day 6 Challenge - Silver-Bells-2022.jpg
Journaling reads: I love the song “Silver Bells” which is about the bells rung at the kettles in New York City. but here I see no bell, simply a demonstration of humility and grace. When I first saw this print by Sanzo Wada, I was surprised to find The Salvation Army in Japan did a Christmas kettle campaign in 1940-41. It just seemed out of the national character to me. The beauty of this drawing strikes a chord in me. Despite the lack of a bell, it sings its own song.

Starting with Lynn's wonderful template, I adapted the photo and mat pieces to fit the graphic. Background papers from Merry & Bright Collab Lynn Anzelc 3 in Lighter Color mode blended over Lynn Anzelc 2. Then I added some paints from the same collection and used several papers from Gather clipped to the template paint layers, added elements as they felt right.
Credits list
Wide World Template Album by Lynn Grieveson
2022 GATHER Christmas Collaboration kit by the Oscraps designers.
Free for a limited time during the 12 Days of December Event, starting December 1st.
For more details please see this thread: https://oscraps.com/community/forums/2022-12-days-of-december-daily-downloads.541/
Merry & Bright Oscraps Collab
Christmas Story by Emeto Designs
Fonts: Kashima Brush Demo
Graphic: Sanzo Wada, Japanese Vocations in Pictures – Series 2 1940/41 published by Mishinomiya Shoin, Tokyo, 1941.
I did not know that the Salvation Army was in Japan. I love that they had a red kettle campaign amidst the ongoing war. Great image choice.

Layout information

Category
Oscraps Cheery O's
Added by
Susan - s3js
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename