Oscraps

100 Color Challenge: Fancy Dress
zlemon

100 Color Challenge: Fancy Dress

Thanks, Adryane, for hosting this fabulous color challenge.

While shopping at Costco the other day, I saw a a rack of kid's fancy holiday dresses. I suddenly remembered my first fancy dressit had a red velvet bodice, a flouncy white skirt with a flocked patternmuch like the one in this art. I'm pretty sure I was four years old as I hadn't started school yet. I felt so grown up wearing that dress and I loved it so much that I wore it for the next two years too.

Supplies:
Artplay Palette Kitschmas
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtPlay-Palette-Kitschmas.html

Process notes:
I used ArtsyPaper No. 4 from the ArtPlay Palette Kitschmas, added several transfers from the kit to create a flow across the page. One of the transfers had a partial frame, so I placed my photo inside it and masked it into the background. To balanced the photo, I added another frame and masked part of it out. Recolored the partial frame to better coordinated with the colors. Added the title. A few wordstrips, elements and even more transfers blended in completed the design.

Thanks for looking.
The reindeer makes me smile. The dresses now are cute but just not like the ones we wore.

Beautiful Christmas dress! Love the velvet jacket/cape that went with it. I don't remember dressing up for Christmas. I think we just hung out in our pj's all day! Great take on the lift!

This page just exudes hidden treasures from your past ... and such a beautiful little frock it is! The only "Christmas" dress I remember is when me and my two older sister wore the exact same outfit (sewn by my dear Mother) ... it was all a green corduroy (not Xmas green --- some type of yellow green). There was a vest, a fullish skirt, and this head thing that had a "tail" thing sticking out of the back. Awful - not cute

Trs joli souvenir magnifiquement illustr, je me souviens d'une telle robe avec un petit bolro bleu que j'ai galement ador, je devais avoir 6 ans... doux souvenirs Christy.

I am sure you were adorable in your Christmas dress. Beautiful take on this part of the challenge. Thank you for sharing this memory.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
zlemon
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout