Oscraps

1 kit 5 ways
minideb

1 kit 5 ways

fyi thanks to scrapbooking and facebook I now know my Aunt Dodie made these and that my Great Grandmother taught her how to stitch too and that she was surprised that Mamaw(her mom) had these all these years laters.
font is trashhand

This is the page I made for the 1 kit 5 ways this is the process most likely not what everyone else does but it works for me I downloaded the kit and I saw the stitched flower(-3) it immediately made me think of my Mamaws toaster cover and pillow cases I had folded and put away a few days agoits my job to go through things and to figure out what to do with it allI have no clue.I got out my camera and snapped the pictures you see plus a few more.I added the background paper(-6) that most made me think of the walls at my great grandmothers home I wonder who stitched the toaster cover or the pillow case and I dont know maybe someone else in my family will when they see this on their pc.I added the beaded stem (-5) because it made me think of the days I embroidered and added beads and thingsI added a couple of journaling blocks and added another sheet of paper to them (-12) (Ctrl G on a PC CMD G on a Mac.) It looks like linen to me.I used the elements as they come in the kit I just made them smaller and turned them slightly I added a drop shadow to them (Size 35 Distance 35 and Opacity 40) Last but definitely not least is the fence its on a blending mode of soft light no drop shadow. I duplicated it 1 time and used it under and over the journal block. Mamaw liked toast a lot she and her brother Robert use to make toast over an open fire together she loved a toaster she did not like burnt toast!!!!

Blue Flower Art
Country LivingCountry Livinghttp://www.oscraps.com/shop/product.php?productid=10012521http://www.oscraps.com/shop/product.php?productid=10012521
beautiful work with this new kit, Debbie! and know you know who stitched these pieces (I saw the answer on FB). thank you for the detailed process notes. they are easy to follow. wonderful page!!!

You must treasure this Debbie ! Love your journaling and the font you used !

Layout information

Category
Blue Flower Art
Added by
minideb
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout