Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, May 9

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Starting off the day with some sun and coffee! Who would like to join me?
:sunout: :coffeedrinker:

The weather forecast yesterday was completely wrong. Heavy rain all day?? Not even a little. It must have rained overnight because it was rainy when I woke up. By 8 am, the sky was blue and it stayed that way. We could have had the field trip and bonfire hike. But it worked out for me, I got a lot of stuff done and even had time to work in the yard.
I forced myself to finish and print 4 ATCs—still so many more to do. I think I need 14 in total. For the ones I finished yesterday, I printed 4x6 to make it easy, not trimming necessary. I cleaned, dusted, and vacuumed three rooms and the staircase. I'm not sure what it accomplished, between the pollen, the dogs, and the mud that I track in daily. I mean-- the mud the *dogs* track in. (Not me. :shemademe: :runningdog: ) It's all going to be a mess by tomorrow.

I'm still on the lookout for TJ. I didn't even see Snek Friend who lives under the leaves near the pachysandra. (my garter snake friend) I planted some butterfly garden seeds in buckets two days ago and I am already peering into them, anxiously awaiting them to pop up.

I'm at Weis today and will be assisting with Native Species Scavenger Hunts. I was researching some of the native/invasives yesterday and sheesh- just about everything is invasive. Tiger lilies- invasive. pachysandra - invasive. English ivy - invasive. Gary planted some next to the shed years ago and I've always hated it. Now that I know it's invasive, I have a reason to rip it all out. :D

Better wrap up!

:grouphugyay:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@A-M :waving1 Hope you had a good day, sleep well!

@vickyday How was your visit with Carolyn? She must have been so happy to see you and Ilene.

@JeanneMN The concert sounds amazing and time sure as heck flies way too quickly. My nephew turned 13 on the 7th. @taxed4ever remember when he was born!? My kids didn't do team sports/music but I remember how emotional it was for my friends as they watched the final games/concerts/competitions. Adding in the tragedy of the student must have made it even more so. :(
I dunno-- I tend to have a lot of run-on sentences too, But I also have my "interruptions" when I type. I write here the same way I talk and think (usually in that order LOL) so who knows if any of you understand what I am saying. :giggle4: I understand you just fine, run-ons or not. Love the description of your garden and yard, what a special place to honor your friend ♥
A spell? :potstirrer: Who, us??

PS: Don't listen to Trudy. Always better to ignore Self. Really, what do they know? hahahah!
Sorry, I'm an enabler.
:shemademe:

@taxed4ever I hope you see your brother soon!! Hope you have a wonderful hike!

@BrightEyes Yikes about the wind, that sure doesn't help your allergies.
Wonderful to hear that DD#3 is going to help sell the stamps too.

@bcgal00 Good luck with GF again. You really can notice a difference when you eat that way. Can you find a lot of GF options in this area? I would think better than Kamloops so *fingers crossed*
That makes such sense to not post bird sightings. It has to be disturbing for the birds, esp when they are nesting. We have heard screech owls up here but maybe they are;t as common down in Paterson (a city).

@MariJ I should have known you were a Jersey girl too! My dad's entire family settled in South Orange after they immigrated right after the turn of the century. Most of them are still there as well as in Maplewood. Well, the ones that are alive that is.
Oooooh how lucky that your aunt/cousins got to meet JBJ!!! *fans face* I would love to meet him :p

@AK_Tracy My family goes either way- sometimes we are very competitive (Pictionary) Other games, we are not and will "bend" (aka disregard/rewrite/ignore) the rules if we are having fun.
Seriously, my family does the same. I have headphones in and running the vacuum and they think I can hear them. pfft
Were you able to rest a little bit? Do *not* run out of your spoons. Please.
I would love to see the dogs jumping on the bean bags :D

Hahahah!! You and your Twin are having too much fun shopping! You are both killing me! :lol23:

@Cherylndesigns How sweet of Aly, she is such a good soul. Why can't I teleport yet, WHY???? I would *love* to meet all of you on the compound.
Hope that pillow-cade keeps on working!

@Terri M I hope your butt is more used to the ride by now. Eeep! that must have been scary when you fell. Or is it something that you learn how to do properly?
Good luck with the weather, hope it stays nice!
Woot! Another Jersey Girl!

@mimes1 Even for a longtimer like me, this place is addicting. I keep looking at the clock and think- I have to log off and get to work, But there are still people I want to reply too LOL
I scrap photos of my outdoor friends too. TJ and Tif have appeared several times in LOs.
There was a medical Dr on Twitter that matched the met dresses to different medical fields. Hysterical!

@mywisecrafts have fun the juicer! Can it make alcoholic slushies? Maybe I'd get one then :drinks2:

OK, not I really need to go!
Love to you all!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

The weather forecast yesterday was completely wrong. Heavy rain all day?? Not even a little. It must have rained overnight because it was rainy when I woke up. By 8 am, the sky was blue and it stayed that way. We could have had the field trip and bonfire hike. But it worked out for me, I got a lot of stuff done and even had time to work in the yard.
I forced myself to finish and print 4 ATCs—still so many more to do. I think I need 14 in total. For the ones I finished yesterday, I printed 4x6 to make it easy, not trimming necessary. I cleaned, dusted, and vacuumed three rooms and the staircase. I'm not sure what it accomplished, between the pollen, the dogs, and the mud that I track in daily. I mean-- the mud the *dogs* track in. (Not me. :shemademe: :runningdog: ) It's all going to be a mess by tomorrow.

I'm still on the lookout for TJ. I didn't even see Snek Friend who lives under the leaves near the pachysandra. (my garter snake friend) I planted some butterfly garden seeds in buckets two days ago and I am already peering into them, anxiously awaiting them to pop up.

I'm at Weis today and will be assisting with Native Species Scavenger Hunts. I was researching some of the native/invasives yesterday and sheesh- just about everything is invasive. Tiger lilies- invasive. pachysandra - invasive. English ivy - invasive. Gary planted some next to the shed years ago and I've always hated it. Now that I know it's invasive, I have a reason to rip it all out. :D

Better wrap up!

:grouphugyay:
You can fit 9 ATC's on and 8.5 sheet of paper with a 1/4" border all the way around and between the 3 columns. But there is no space between the ATC's in the rows (see the ones I posted and you will see what I mean). But if you have a paper trimmer it would still be easy enough to cut them apart.
We're having intermittent rain all week. Just enough hit and miss that you can't make any outdoor plans. And it has been very warm and HUMID!!!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@A-M :waving1 Hope you had a good day, sleep well!

@vickyday How was your visit with Carolyn? She must have been so happy to see you and Ilene.

@JeanneMN The concert sounds amazing and time sure as heck flies way too quickly. My nephew turned 13 on the 7th. @taxed4ever remember when he was born!? My kids didn't do team sports/music but I remember how emotional it was for my friends as they watched the final games/concerts/competitions. Adding in the tragedy of the student must have made it even more so. :(
I dunno-- I tend to have a lot of run-on sentences too, But I also have my "interruptions" when I type. I write here the same way I talk and think (usually in that order LOL) so who knows if any of you understand what I am saying. :giggle4: I understand you just fine, run-ons or not. Love the description of your garden and yard, what a special place to honor your friend ♥
A spell? :potstirrer: Who, us??

PS: Don't listen to Trudy. Always better to ignore Self. Really, what do they know? hahahah!
Sorry, I'm an enabler.
:shemademe:

@taxed4ever I hope you see your brother soon!! Hope you have a wonderful hike!

@BrightEyes Yikes about the wind, that sure doesn't help your allergies.
Wonderful to hear that DD#3 is going to help sell the stamps too.

@bcgal00 Good luck with GF again. You really can notice a difference when you eat that way. Can you find a lot of GF options in this area? I would think better than Kamloops so *fingers crossed*
That makes such sense to not post bird sightings. It has to be disturbing for the birds, esp when they are nesting. We have heard screech owls up here but maybe they are;t as common down in Paterson (a city).

@MariJ I should have known you were a Jersey girl too! My dad's entire family settled in South Orange after they immigrated right after the turn of the century. Most of them are still there as well as in Maplewood. Well, the ones that are alive that is.
Oooooh how lucky that your aunt/cousins got to meet JBJ!!! *fans face* I would love to meet him :p

@AK_Tracy My family goes either way- sometimes we are very competitive (Pictionary) Other games, we are not and will "bend" (aka disregard/rewrite/ignore) the rules if we are having fun.
Seriously, my family does the same. I have headphones in and running the vacuum and they think I can hear them. pfft

Hahahah!! You and your Twin are having too much fun shopping! You are both killing me! :lol23:

@Cherylndesigns How sweet of Aly, she is such a good soul. Why can't I teleport yet, WHY???? I would *love* to meet all of you on the compound.
Hope that pillow-cade keeps on working!

@Terri M I hope your butt is more used to the ride by now. Eeep! that must have been scary when you fell. Or is it something that you learn how to do properly?
Good luck with the weather, hope it stays nice!
Woot! Another Jersey Girl!

@mimes1 Even for a longtimer like me, this place is addicting. I keep looking at the clock and think- I have to log off and get to work, But there are still people I want to reply too LOL
I scrap photos of my outdoor friends too. TJ and Tif have appeared several times in LOs.
There was a medical Dr on Twitter that matched the met dresses to different medical fields. Hysterical!

@mywisecrafts have fun the juicer! Can it make alcoholic slushies? Maybe I'd get one then :drinks2:

OK, not I really need to go!
Love to you all!
Had a great time with Carolyn! She really looked good considering how sick she is! Her daughter is taking good care of her. And she was thrilled to see us, as we were to see her! Especially since she was feeling so well! I'll post a picture in my daily post.

MariJ

Good morning, everyone. In my part of NJ it was supposed to be cloudy and cooler all day, but suddenly the sun came out around 8am. I'm not complaining....

@faerywings Chris, yesterday we had a HUGE downpour around 7:45 that lasted about 20 min - thunder, driving rain and all. Then the sun came out and it was sunny with a few clouds all day and got to 86º, go figure....
My Grandpa immigrated and landed in PA, then Newark where my Mom grew up and was where I spent a lot of my childhood days since my cousins lived upstairs. Such happy times.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning,
Got another mile in yesterday before my body started complaining about the heat and humidity! That's OK. My doctor wants me to try to get at least 20 minutes of exercise in a day and I can do that with my mile! Today my exercise will be cleaning in the house to get ready for my daughter and SIL coming this weekend!

Ilene and I had a great visit with Carolyn yesterday. She was feeling pretty good. She has to be on oxygen and her daughter has to drain the fluid from her lungs every day or at least every other day. But she was in good spirits! We were so thankful! We were there about 3 hours. I had to drag Ilene away because I was afraid of wearing Carolyn down too much! You can see Carolyn and Ilene holding hands. They have been best buds for 52 years!
IMG_20240508_150037647~2-web.jpg

Gonna close out so I can get busy on the house and then do some more scrapping later on today!

Have a great day!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning, everyone. In my part of NJ it was supposed to be cloudy and cooler all day, but suddenly the sun came out around 8am. I'm not complaining....

@faerywings Chris, yesterday we had a HUGE downpour around 7:45 that lasted about 20 min - thunder, driving rain and all. Then the sun came out and it was sunny with a few clouds all day and got to 86º, go figure....
My Grandpa immigrated and landed in PA, then Newark where my Mom grew up and was where I spent a lot of my childhood days since my cousins lived upstairs. Such happy times.
Marilyn,
My first husband was born in Meadville, PA but they moved to Pt. Pleasant Beach, NJ when he was a middle-schooler, I think. They moved to KY when he was in 10th grade which is when we met and became HS sweethearts. Hard to believe that was more than 50 years ago!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone another gorgeous sunny morning here on the Island! I had a lovely hike yesterday one that our leader called the surf and turf hike. We started by getting in our cardio workout climbing up the side of steep hill which took us to a lush green field at the top owned by The Hof family they were Dutch farmers and donated a huge chunk of their property to keep as park land, it is just beautiful! Then the Surf part of our hike was along the Sea side of Cherry Point, the tide was out and we walked along the water and saw all kinds of crab, starfish and got squirted by a lot of gooey ducks! We watched a couple of seals playing with their food, throwing the fish up into the air and then a huge eagle swooped down and took it away from them. :giggle4: thats what you get when you play with food. The hike ended up being 9km long that's a little over 5.5 miles, seemed longer as it was hard walking on the soft sandy beach so we got in a really good workout! Then I met up with my friend and picked up my Norwex order and had an Iced Coffee while we chatted. It was nice to see her again. I got home at the same time as my DH and got supper ready, then we sat down to watch the NHL hockey game to cheer on our Bruins who sadly lost this game. We sat out on the deck in between periods and soaked up the warm sunshine and had a glass of wine. It was a good day!! Today might be a kayak day, I will see if SIL Linda wants to go for a paddle and maybe I will actually get a layout done today. Who knows?? I have a parcel to get out in the mail for Heather and I really should get a card made for MIL for Mothers Day. There just are not enough hours in the day. My poor old iMac is making a lot of noise this morning, I am thinking it might be on its last legs? I bought it in 2012 and it has been the most reliable computer I have ever owned. I hate to think of replacing it, because I would also have to replace my photoshop program as it would not be compatible with a new OS. :stupicpc: why do things have to breakdown?? Oh well what can I do I got 12 good years out of this Mac!!

@faerywings - Glad you did not get the rain that you were expecting! The pollen here is still really bad too! I have to sweep and wipe off the decks every morning. DH will have to get the power washer out again soon also. Hope that you get to enjoy some warm sunshine today and time spent in your garden! Oh I guess you will be at work though, at least you are outside!! What a great job you have!

@vickyday - What a lovely picture of you ladies!! So sweet that Ilene and Carolyn are holding hands :lovey3:. Poor Carolyn but sounds like her daughter is taking good care of her! Hope you get your cleaning done quickly so you can get back to scrapping and WTG on the exercise everyday!

@MariJ - Happy to hear that the sun come out for you today! Enjoy!

Ok my poor Mac is not happy so I better get off and get busy with my day! I might have to start shopping for a replacement. Ughh!! Have a great day everyone! :waving3:

AK_Tracy

ME! Pick me!! This sounds amazing. Friends, coffee and SUN! Cause I want some sun. Its trying to snow again! The only good news is it wont stick at this time of year but ugh I dont want to see white falling anymore!
I write here the same way I talk and think (usually in that order LOL) so who knows if any of you understand what I am saying. :giggle4:
I do this too!! Poor Amy @mimes1 has to decipher my long rambling messages. My fingers just flow with the thoughts that run through my head and ramble and go and whoops should I have used a period somewhere in there? :floorlaugh:
Rest? Spoons? Actually I did okay. Did some errands, sat some, scrapped which is always good and made dinner. I hope you have enough spoons too as your day sounds like it will be busy! As for the dogs, well, just wait. I have tons of photos to share LOL Shared lake photos yesterday. Those darn doggies wanted to go on the bit of rotten (melting, grey, unsafe) ice still on our end of the lake. But I will look back and see what I have for beanbag layouts. Will have to create a new one with O supplies, darn I get to scrap some more :giggle4:
Today my exercise will be cleaning in the house to get ready for my daughter and SIL coming this weekend!
I'm glad youre counting housecleaning for exercise. I think we tend to not count it and it is a workout. The world has told us you have to be at a gym to count it a workout. But most men cant keep up with us women and housecleaning. Its a workout. :heartpumpred:
We watched a couple of seals playing with their food, throwing the fish up into the air and then a huge eagle swooped down and took it away from them. :giggle4: thats what you get when you play with food.
Oh my this had to be so fun!!! What a wonderful walk and all the wildlife to watch. July fishing season is always fun here. The people, the eagles and seals. Never a dull moment. Watching the seal loose his fish though would have been so funny.

I love May. Not the weather this year, but May means I get to stay home lots more. Summer busy hasn't started and winter busy is over. My goal today is make ham and au gratin potatoes. Maybe corn and salad. I love cooking and at the moment my spoons and coffee are telling me I can do this. Ooohhhhh bread/rolls would be good too. Yeah, the day is 40 minutes old so far and I feel invincible! I know I will do ham and potatoes. the rest we shall see. Have a wonderful day!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. I slept in again today... woke up at 8AM but lazed a bit before getting up. Got dressed first thing so not running around in PJ until noon or later!! :rotfl: Good thing I did as I heard the trash truck coming down the street - and I had not put out the trash and recycling bins. They were emptying the bins across the street so I had time to dash out and put mine out before they got to my side of the street. The winds are not bad right now but forecast is for high winds as the back-door cold front comes in some time this morning... 50+mph again!!! Hope the recycle truck gets here before then... hate to chase that bin down the street!!

I am working on a challenge LO - hope to get it finished and uploaded this morning.

Good to see every one here. The hands are still giving me fits so no personals today. HAGD

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Just got finished doing some training with Remi and Taz. When the second pot of coffee is gurgling away, then it is time for a few minutes of training and Remi will tell me if I forget LOL. We practice sit, down, stay, leave it, stand, wait and come. Remi also does "middle" where she comes in between my legs from behind and then lies down until I release her. They love their daily morning coffee training time.

Today I go to my first real (not training) mahjong game with the club. Then tonight we go to pub night with the local group. I've not had time to go into Calgary for pickleball but there are new courts opening up here so it might be easier if I go to a local court. I'm not worried about it over the summer. I like the indoor winter games so if I play here and there in the summer, that's good, but if not, that's ok too. I have lots of other things to do.

Ordered a few different gluten free 1:1 flour mixes to try out. I have some gluten free cookies being delivered today. I also ordered some gluten free cheese sauce packs so I can quickly mix some cheesy pasta with a lot of veggies and some TVP meat substitute for quick meals.

I've always made recipes from scratch with almond/coconut flour so it'll be interesting to see how the recipes turn out with the pre-mixed flour blends.

@faerywings I have no idea what plants are invasive. Enjoy the class today. Between amazon and Calgary stores, I won't have any problem finding GF products. It's not like it was years ago, nowadays there is so much available.

@taxed4ever Sounds like a wonderful hike and hope you took pics. Your mac has lasted a long time. If you do get another I hope it is just as dependable.

@vickyday What a lovely photo of you three.

I'd better shower and get Remi out to the dog park before mahjong today. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

AK_Tracy

Good morning ladies. Just got finished doing some training with Remi and Taz. When the second pot of coffee is gurgling away, then it is time for a few minutes of training and Remi will tell me if I forget LOL. We practice sit, down, stay, leave it, stand, wait and come. Remi also does "middle" where she comes in between my legs from behind and then lies down until I release her. They love their daily morning coffee training time.
this sounds so fun!!! I bet the pups are super excited. Mine would be too but I am not ready before coffee for anything. :giggle4: :coffeedrinker::giggle4: Coffee and quiet first. But I love that you have a specific time to work on training. Yesterday I took my spaz to Home Depot to work on socialization. It was all good and only one scared growl sound when a huge black Newfoundland walked by, at least 20 feet away, not close but Nessie was startled by the large dog.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning everyone another gorgeous sunny morning here on the Island! I had a lovely hike yesterday one that our leader called the surf and turf hike. We started by getting in our cardio workout climbing up the side of steep hill which took us to a lush green field at the top owned by The Hof family they were Dutch farmers and donated a huge chunk of their property to keep as park land, it is just beautiful! Then the Surf part of our hike was along the Sea side of Cherry Point, the tide was out and we walked along the water and saw all kinds of crab, starfish and got squirted by a lot of gooey ducks! We watched a couple of seals playing with their food, throwing the fish up into the air and then a huge eagle swooped down and took it away from them. :giggle4: thats what you get when you play with food. The hike ended up being 9km long that's a little over 5.5 miles, seemed longer as it was hard walking on the soft sandy beach so we got in a really good workout! Then I met up with my friend and picked up my Norwex order and had an Iced Coffee while we chatted. It was nice to see her again. I got home at the same time as my DH and got supper ready, then we sat down to watch the NHL hockey game to cheer on our Bruins who sadly lost this game. We sat out on the deck in between periods and soaked up the warm sunshine and had a glass of wine. It was a good day!! Today might be a kayak day, I will see if SIL Linda wants to go for a paddle and maybe I will actually get a layout done today. Who knows?? I have a parcel to get out in the mail for Heather and I really should get a card made for MIL for Mothers Day. There just are not enough hours in the day. My poor old iMac is making a lot of noise this morning, I am thinking it might be on its last legs? I bought it in 2012 and it has been the most reliable computer I have ever owned. I hate to think of replacing it, because I would also have to replace my photoshop program as it would not be compatible with a new OS. :stupicpc: why do things have to breakdown?? Oh well what can I do I got 12 good years out of this Mac!!

@faerywings - Glad you did not get the rain that you were expecting! The pollen here is still really bad too! I have to sweep and wipe off the decks every morning. DH will have to get the power washer out again soon also. Hope that you get to enjoy some warm sunshine today and time spent in your garden! Oh I guess you will be at work though, at least you are outside!! What a great job you have!

@vickyday - What a lovely picture of you ladies!! So sweet that Ilene and Carolyn are holding hands :lovey3:. Poor Carolyn but sounds like her daughter is taking good care of her! Hope you get your cleaning done quickly so you can get back to scrapping and WTG on the exercise everyday!

@MariJ - Happy to hear that the sun come out for you today! Enjoy!

Ok my poor Mac is not happy so I better get off and get busy with my day! I might have to start shopping for a replacement. Ughh!! Have a great day everyone! :waving3:
The Mac my son gave to me is from 2017 I think. I hope I can get 5 or more years out of it!
Yes, I loved seeing that they were holding hands. To be best buddies for more than 50 years is amazing!
I think I have gotten 3 days worth of exercise in today but the house is looking better! I've done about all I'm going to do today. I told Mark he was taking me out for supper! ;)

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
ME! Pick me!! This sounds amazing. Friends, coffee and SUN! Cause I want some sun. Its trying to snow again! The only good news is it wont stick at this time of year but ugh I dont want to see white falling anymore!

I do this too!! Poor Amy @mimes1 has to decipher my long rambling messages. My fingers just flow with the thoughts that run through my head and ramble and go and whoops should I have used a period somewhere in there? :floorlaugh:

Rest? Spoons? Actually I did okay. Did some errands, sat some, scrapped which is always good and made dinner. I hope you have enough spoons too as your day sounds like it will be busy! As for the dogs, well, just wait. I have tons of photos to share LOL Shared lake photos yesterday. Those darn doggies wanted to go on the bit of rotten (melting, grey, unsafe) ice still on our end of the lake. But I will look back and see what I have for beanbag layouts. Will have to create a new one with O supplies, darn I get to scrap some more :giggle4:

I'm glad youre counting housecleaning for exercise. I think we tend to not count it and it is a workout. The world has told us you have to be at a gym to count it a workout. But most men cant keep up with us women and housecleaning. Its a workout. :heartpumpred:

Oh my this had to be so fun!!! What a wonderful walk and all the wildlife to watch. July fishing season is always fun here. The people, the eagles and seals. Never a dull moment. Watching the seal loose his fish though would have been so funny.

I love May. Not the weather this year, but May means I get to stay home lots more. Summer busy hasn't started and winter busy is over. My goal today is make ham and au gratin potatoes. Maybe corn and salad. I love cooking and at the moment my spoons and coffee are telling me I can do this. Ooohhhhh bread/rolls would be good too. Yeah, the day is 40 minutes old so far and I feel invincible! I know I will do ham and potatoes. the rest we shall see. Have a wonderful day!
I don't clean too often since Mark is pretty clean (just a clutterer, lol). But I like to do more of a deep dive when company comes. I probably moved more around today than the doctor said was allowed but I won't tell Mark or the doctor if you won't! ;)

AK_Tracy

I don't clean too often since Mark is pretty clean (just a clutterer, lol). But I like to do more of a deep dive when company comes. I probably moved more around today than the doctor said was allowed but I won't tell Mark or the doctor if you won't! ;)
My lips are sealed!!!!! :lalalala: I didn't hear a thing. What? Nope. Not over doing it!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

Today I go to my first real (not training) mahjong game with the club. Then tonight we go to pub night with the local group. I've not had time to go into Calgary for pickleball but there are new courts opening up here so it might be easier if I go to a local court. I'm not worried about it over the summer. I like the indoor winter games so if I play here and there in the summer, that's good, but if not, that's ok too. I have lots of other things to do.

Ordered a few different gluten free 1:1 flour mixes to try out. I have some gluten free cookies being delivered today. I also ordered some gluten free cheese sauce packs so I can quickly mix some cheesy pasta with a lot of veggies and some TVP meat substitute for quick meals.

I've always made recipes from scratch with almond/coconut flour so it'll be interesting to see how the recipes turn out with the pre-mixed flour blends.

@faerywings I have no idea what plants are invasive. Enjoy the class today. Between amazon and Calgary stores, I won't have any problem finding GF products. It's not like it was years ago, nowadays there is so much available.

@taxed4ever Sounds like a wonderful hike and hope you took pics. Your mac has lasted a long time. If you do get another I hope it is just as dependable.

@vickyday What a lovely photo of you three.

I'd better shower and get Remi out to the dog park before mahjong today. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
You are so busy it wears me out just reading about your plans! Stay active! Then you shouldn't have osteoporosis problems like I do! If I could go back in time I would keep myself busier than sitting so much!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon all,

It's thundering but no rain yet. We really don't need any more of that. It rained off and on all early evening and until about 7 o'clock. I went up to Adrienne's again for spaghetti. She made it the other night but it didn't taste good to Roger (his tummy was "off") so he asked for it again last night. Ava, her BF Drake, Alyssa and her BFF Sarah were all there, so there were the usual shenanigans. We all ended up swinging invisible golf clubs - you had to be there. :lol23:Ava's BF is a scratch golfer (no handicap) and plays in tournaments all the time. He's actually quite capable of getting into the PGA but a long road to haul. He's Cherokee and works for The Cherokee Nation - he's a Victim's Advocate for women and children. (The golfer part was why we all ended up swinging invisible golf clubs.) :floorlaugh:

Chris @faerywings I wish we COULD teleport, too! Both ways. For the new girls; Aly is an "adopted family member" who lives in one of the rental properties on the compound. She moved here with her BF, who subsequently left her and moved back to New York State and she stayed. She basically has no family - her mother disowned her because she wouldn't try out for the New York Ballet Company. She was dancing with Joffrey Ballet (which is HUGE in my book) but that wasn't good enough for her controlling mom. The life of a ballerina isn't easy - they have to be whip thin and her mom was even controlling what she ate. She's still tiny and now has eating disorders. But she has us now and we love her. She adored my late husband and even went to the rehab facility with me several times to see him.

BTW, Chris @faerywings night #3 of "pillow-cade worked again! I don't know why I didn't think of that before. It worked tfor the grands, so why wouldn't it work for the dog? I used to point to the pillow and say "that side is yours and this side is mine". :rotfl:

Cameron, the oldest used to be looking at me in the morning with his chin on the pillow, kind of like Daisy did with her paws the other morning.

Kay @BrightEyes hope your hands are feeling better. Trudy @taxed4ever hope things are going well with the move, Vicky @vickyday great picture with you, Ilene and Carolyn. I'm so glad you got to spend time with her.

You can fit 9 ATC's on and 8.5 sheet of paper with a 1/4" border all the way around and between the 3 columns. But there is no space between the ATC's in the rows (see the ones I posted and you will see what I mean). But if you have a paper trimmer it would still be easy enough to cut them apart.
We're having intermittent rain all week. Just enough hit and miss that you can't make any outdoor plans. And it has been very warm and HUMID!!!
I know you don't how many ATCs Chris @faerywings as and I don't know how many you're going to have, Vicky. My goal is 72 and I'm at 66 right now. I'm going to have mine printed at Walgreen's into photo wallet size. That size is 2.5 x 3.5. Like you said, Vicky, there are 9 on a sheet and if I have 8 sheets printed there, that will be 72 ATC's. I bought individual baseball card non glare plastic holders and will insert each ATC into one sleeve. I'm planning to put them all in a basket so we can sit around and pull them out and look at them at some point. I'm also going to write something about each one on the back.

Tracy @AK_Tracy it must be so much fun to see nature like you do and BTW, I loved your first attempt (here) at Art Journaling.

Marilyn, @MariJ are you still planning on using Ona's Template? I can't wait to see what you're working on for the AJ Challenge. The new challenge will be posted Saturday night. :banana8:

Group hug to EVERYBODY. :grouphugyay:

Last edited:

bcgal00

CHEERY O
You are so busy it wears me out just reading about your plans! Stay active! Then you shouldn't have osteoporosis problems like I do! If I could go back in time I would keep myself busier than sitting so much!
I know what you mean. I would have not sat in my chair for hours like I used to if I had known I would develop arthritis with stenosis and spurring in my back. But better late than never. At least I've not gotten any worse over the last 3 yrs or so, since I started moving more and keeping active.

MariJ

Marilyn, @MariJ are you still planning on using Ona's Template? I can't wait to see what you're working on for the AJ Challenge. The new challenge will be posted Saturday night. :banana8:

@Cherylndesigns
Not sure because right now I can't seem to get any scrapping together. I have ideas, but am having trouble starting and running out of time. Once the new challenge is posted, can you still scrap the first?

AK_Tracy

@Cherylndesigns
Not sure because right now I can't seem to get any scrapping together. I have ideas, but am having trouble starting and running out of time. Once the new challenge is posted, can you still scrap the first?
I saw under the AJ thread you have all month to do the challenge unlike other things.
reminder-challenges-open-all-month.37524

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good afternoon all,

It's thundering but no rain yet. We really don't need any more of that. It rained off and on all early evening and until about 7 o'clock. I went up to Adrienne's again for spaghetti. She made it the other night but it didn't taste good to Roger (his tummy was "off") so he asked for it again last night. Ava, her BF Drake, Alyssa and her BFF Sarah were all there, so there were the usual shenanigans. We all ended up swinging invisible golf clubs - you had to be there. :lol23:Ava's BF is a scratch golfer (no handicap) and plays in tournaments all the time. He's actually quite capable of getting into the PGA but a long road to haul. He's Cherokee and works for The Cherokee Nation - he's a Victim's Advocate for women and children. (The golfer part was why we all ended up swinging invisible golf clubs.) :floorlaugh:

Chris @faerywings I wish we COULD teleport, too! Both ways. For the new girls; Aly is an "adopted family member" who lives in one of the rental properties on the compound. She moved here with her BF, who subsequently left her and moved back to New York State and she stayed. She basically has no family - her mother disowned her because she wouldn't try out for the New York Ballet Company. She was dancing with Joffrey Ballet (which is HUGE in my book) but that wasn't good enough for her controlling mom. The life of a ballerina isn't easy - they have to be whip thin and her mom was even controlling what she ate. She's still tiny and now has eating disorders. But she has us now and we love her. She adored my late husband and even went to the rehab facility with me several times to see him.

BTW, Chris @faerywings night #3 of "pillow-cade worked again! I don't know why I didn't think of that before. It worked tfor the grands, so why wouldn't it work for the dog? I used to point to the pillow and say "that side is yours and this side is mine". :rotfl:

Cameron, the oldest used to be looking at me in the morning with his chin on the pillow, kind of like Daisy did with her paws the other morning.

Kay @BrightEyes hope your hands are feeling better. Trudy @taxed4ever hope things are going well with the move, Vicky @vickyday great picture with you, Ilene and Carolyn. I'm so glad you got to spend time with her.

I know you don't how many ATCs Chris @faerywings as and I don't know how many you're going to have, Vicky. My goal is 72 and I'm at 66 right now. I'm going to have mine printed at Walgreen's into photo wallet size. That size is 2.5 x 3.5. Like you said, Vicky, there are 9 on a sheet and if I have 8 sheets printed there, that will be 72 ATC's. I bought individual baseball card non glare plastic holders and will insert each ATC into one sleeve. I'm planning to put them all in a basket so we can sit around and pull them out and look at them at some point. I'm also going to write something about each one on the back.

Tracy @AK_Tracy it must be so much fun to see nature like you do and BTW, I loved your first attempt (here) at Art Journaling.

I love that you and your girls (and Roger) have so much fun together!

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
@faerywings so evidently a green apple margaritas is a thing. On one side I'll juice the apples and on the other, I'll have my blender going for a frozen green apple margarita. I think this is totally reasonable. LOL. :rotfl:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good afternoon all,

I am doing one for every day of the year. I didn't start until the middle of March, so I have a looooooong way to go!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I know what you mean. I would have not sat in my chair for hours like I used to if I had known I would develop arthritis with stenosis and spurring in my back. But better late than never. At least I've not gotten any worse over the last 3 yrs or so, since I started moving more and keeping active.
I don't know if I can reverse the osteoporosis, but hopefully I can at least improve it!

mimes1

CHEERY O
Hello everyone - quick check in tonight. Today I played pickleball at church and tonight I had bible study. In the morning I'll head out to our daughters to spend Mothers Day weekend and next week with them. I'll be checking in all week, but won't be doing any scrapping as I'm not taking my computer. Hope you all had a good day!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I am doing one for every day of the year. I didn't start until the middle of March, so I have a looooooong way to go!
Have you thought about getting them printed instead of doing it yourself? Ink costs so much and I always like to print things on semi-heavy weight paper.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Hello everyone - quick check in tonight. Today I played pickleball at church and tonight I had bible study. In the morning I'll head out to our daughters to spend Mothers Day weekend and next week with them. I'll be checking in all week, but won't be doing any scrapping as I'm not taking my computer. Hope you all had a good day!
Have a wonderful time, Amy. It will be wonderful to spend time with your daughter. Happy Mother's Day.