Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, April 29

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hey hey hey!! :wazzup:
How was your weekend? I hope it was wonderful and relaxing. I enjoyed the weather and the yard work so much. I worked on a few areas alongside my house and one that borders the woods. My gardens are really "gardens," more like random areas where I have cleared weeds and rocks and planted perennials and ground cover.
Guess who I found next to the house? My snake friend! And I reacted exactly as I predicted. Reached down to pick up a handful of leaves, he slithered away, I jumped, and then chatted to him a bit. :p He's a garter snake, nothing dangerous but I still can't help being startled when they appear from the leaves.
I think I am ready for the week ahead. At least I am ready on paper. That can (and will) change in the blink of an eye LOL! I have to go into the attic this morning to look for the box of party goods for both May and June shindigs. I am cleaning for my friend this afternoon. I have to keep working on the ATCs. I have a handful of them started, just the bare bones. I am looking for quotes about sweet things that are appropriate for b-days, Mother's Day, etc. It's surprisingly hard to find ones that work. If you know of any, feel free to shout out.

I have to say, April went by so fast-- tooooo fast. I don't think I am ready for the next two months of events and activities. :no:

On that note, I'd better get going. Hope everyone had a wonderful day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday Oh wow, your ATC is simply stunning! I love the "quote." I know that's not the right term but I can't think of the word. Sorry!
I hope that you rested and are feeling much better today. My lower back was annoyed with me when I rolled out of bed this morning so I get it!

@BrightEyes Glad to hear that your arm is improving. How wonderful to see the birds in your yard, I bet they love those fruit trees. No sign of my hummingbirds yet, is there a dance I can do to attract them?

DARN it! I just lost my post and can't figure out if it was saved as a draft. I am going to post and then see what I can do. I think the whole thing is lost. :crying1:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Hey hey hey!! :wazzup:
How was your weekend? I hope it was wonderful and relaxing. I enjoyed the weather and the yard work so much. I worked on a few areas alongside my house and one that borders the woods. My gardens are really "gardens," more like random areas where I have cleared weeds and rocks and planted perennials and ground cover.
Guess who I found next to the house? My snake friend! And I reacted exactly as I predicted. Reached down to pick up a handful of leaves, he slithered away, I jumped, and then chatted to him a bit. :p He's a garter snake, nothing dangerous but I still can't help being startled when they appear from the leaves.
I think I am ready for the week ahead. At least I am ready on paper. That can (and will) change in the blink of an eye LOL! I have to go into the attic this morning to look for the box of party goods for both May and June shindigs. I am cleaning for my friend this afternoon. I have to keep working on the ATCs. I have a handful of them started, just the bare bones. I am looking for quotes about sweet things that are appropriate for b-days, Mother's Day, etc. It's surprisingly hard to find ones that work. If you know of any, feel free to shout out.

I have to say, April went by so fast-- tooooo fast. I don't think I am ready for the next two months of events and activities. :no:

On that note, I'd better get going. Hope everyone had a wonderful day!
Yeah, I react the same way, no matter what kind of snake it is! I thought you were going to say you found TJ the toad! Our Basement Bullfrog has been pretty quiet lately. Sometimes he goes into the drain. Don't know if Mark has seen him lately or not. He is the one who is in the basement more than me. I don't go down there unless I feel like I have to!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday Oh wow, your ATC is simply stunning! I love the "quote." I know that's not the right term but I can't think of the word. Sorry!
I hope that you rested and are feeling much better today. My lower back was annoyed with me when I rolled out of bed this morning so I get it!

@BrightEyes Glad to hear that your arm is improving. How wonderful to see the birds in your yard, I bet they love those fruit trees. No sign of my hummingbirds yet, is there a dance I can do to attract them?

DARN it! I just lost my post and can't figure out if it was saved as a draft. I am going to post and then see what I can do. I think the whole thing is lost. :crying1:
Thanks, Chris! I think I will probably use it for the different size challenge. The last several I have done are not so "fancy" as that first one I did. It is a Bible scripture reference. That particular one is basically a paraphrase by me, not an exact quote.
I did walk a mile yesterday. My body was just too tired to go any further!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning to Everyone!
I think today is going to be another day of rest, basically. I did walk a mile yesterday, but the body was still tired from the yard/tree work. I did do Mark's laundry yesterday evening. Today I'm washing the bed linens and the dishes are already put away. I did place a grocery order yesterday that I will have to pick up later. But other than that I'm going to spend the day resting and relaxing and scrapping. I finally moved the PA Amish Country pictures from the camera to the EHD, so I need to go through those and delete the duplicates. I hate that job! And I also need to get started on my Monthly Reviews for the year. Not sure if I will get any more challenges done this month. But I think I will post the ATC for the different size challenge. That may be it for this month. I have a follow up doctor appt tomorrow for lab work, so I can't have anything but water after midnight. That won't be any problem as I'm usually in bed around 10 these days! The only down side to going to bed so early is that I'm usually awake before 5 a.m.!
Hope everyone has a great day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
pfft. Nope, it's gone...
Don't you hate when that happens?

@bcgal00 I was asking where my teleportation power was when I lost the post. (So rude, Website!) I would *love* to visit you and the dogs and watch the birds together.
How was the rice cooker? I have a hummus recipe that is easy and yummy. I'll see if I can find it. I have too many food websites where I collect and forget recipes. What does butter chicken taste like? I have seen a bunch of vegan butter tofu recipes but can't tell if it is something the fam would enjoy.

@AK_Tracy I think you'd need wrap-around heavy-duty sunglasses trying to drive into the sun. I get all revved up when the days get longer, so I cannot imagine how exciting it is for you.
You and my DD would get along fine--her dream when she was a kid was to be able to ride a bear around town, like a horse.hehe
How was the youth group night? That's a lot of pizza to make! I bet there aren't any leftovers either.

Vicky, thank you for the template! ♥

@JeanneMN the choir conductor and his wife sound like they are very special people. What a wonderful way to honor them.
My two cents if ya want them-- Anna's videos are amazing and will teach you so much. But-- the best thing you can do (IMHO) is to just play. Mess around with blending modes and turning layers on and off. I don't think you can make a "bad" page with her kits. I would make several versions of the same page and see which one "felt" right.
My other two cents-- don't use the eraser for extractions, use layer masks instead
Love that you put a bikini top on the mermaid, :D I'll have to check the page out

@Cherylndesigns What did you decide to do with your hair, wash or hat again? I have to wash mine today and finally, I won't freeze as it dries. We are supposed to be getting Weis baseball caps and they can't come soon enough. If I'm working a couple of days in a row, my hair will be one big tangle. I *need* a hat!
That's the pits about the wind at the fair. BTDT and it's not something I'd want to deal with again.
I have to see your new sugar skull bottle!
heheh, yup, you love your welcome signs!

@mimes1 How exciting that your friend published a book! Congrats!!!
And hugs and congrats to you for finishing the cards, such a labor of love ♥

xoxoxo!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Yeah, I react the same way, no matter what kind of snake it is! I thought you were going to say you found TJ the toad! Our Basement Bullfrog has been pretty quiet lately. Sometimes he goes into the drain. Don't know if Mark has seen him lately or not. He is the one who is in the basement more than me. I don't go down there unless I feel like I have to!
No sign of TJ yet. Tif was such a cool toad and got huge over the years. I'm hoping that TJ sticks around too.
Scripture is the word I was thinking of. TY!
One mile is better than no miles *and* its good that you listened and didn't push to go farther :hug3:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
pfft. Nope, it's gone...
Don't you hate when that happens?

@bcgal00 I was asking where my teleportation power was when I lost the post. (So rude, Website!) I would *love* to visit you and the dogs and watch the birds together.
How was the rice cooker? I have a hummus recipe that is easy and yummy. I'll see if I can find it. I have too many food websites where I collect and forget recipes. What does butter chicken taste like? I have seen a bunch of vegan butter tofu recipes but can't tell if it is something the fam would enjoy.

@AK_Tracy I think you'd need wrap-around heavy-duty sunglasses trying to drive into the sun. I get all revved up when the days get longer, so I cannot imagine how exciting it is for you.
You and my DD would get along fine--her dream when she was a kid was to be able to ride a bear around town, like a horse.hehe
How was the youth group night? That's a lot of pizza to make! I bet there aren't any leftovers either.

Vicky, thank you for the template! ♥

@JeanneMN the choir conductor and his wife sound like they are very special people. What a wonderful way to honor them.
My two cents if ya want them-- Anna's videos are amazing and will teach you so much. But-- the best thing you can do (IMHO) is to just play. Mess around with blending modes and turning layers on and off. I don't think you can make a "bad" page with her kits. I would make several versions of the same page and see which one "felt" right.
My other two cents-- don't use the eraser for extractions, use layer masks instead
Love that you put a bikini top on the mermaid, :D I'll have to check the page out

@Cherylndesigns What did you decide to do with your hair, wash or hat again? I have to wash mine today and finally, I won't freeze as it dries. We are supposed to be getting Weis baseball caps and they can't come soon enough. If I'm working a couple of days in a row, my hair will be one big tangle. I *need* a hat!
That's the pits about the wind at the fair. BTDT and it's not something I'd want to deal with again.
I have to see your new sugar skull bottle!
heheh, yup, you love your welcome signs!

@mimes1 How exciting that your friend published a book! Congrats!!!
And hugs and congrats to you for finishing the cards, such a labor of love ♥

xoxoxo!!
You are welcome for the template!
I would love the hummus recipe, too!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Looks like it will be another 'take it easy' day. The arm and hand are still sore and achy. <<< sigh >>> Have 2 more loads of laundry to do after my shower but that is all I will tackle today. Need to get the arm/hand ready for DSD later this week plus the new May challenges.

Decided to go back and re-read Kay Hopper's FBI/ESP series. Already on book 4 and enjoying them once again.... like visiting with old friends again. And speaking of old friends - the neighborhood road runner was in my back yard yesterday afternoon. He ran around the backyard then hopped up on the side fence and jumped into the neighbor's tree. Decided I should have my camera sitting on the side table by the window so it is handy if he comes back to visit again. I even saw a robin redbreast on the back fence later on. @mimes1 I live in the Albuquerque metro area in New Mexico. We see a lot of birds migrating through - but the roadrunners live here year round. We have had 2 - 3 hummingbird couples that show up early in the spring every year. I love seeing them in my fruit trees.

Hope everyone has a good day and a good week. CYL

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I'm off to a friend's soon for a doggie play date. Then I need to get some housework and laundry done. I hung a few more frames last night. I'll get a few more done this afternoon. I will make some hummus for tomorrow's get-together. I won't spice it as one of the gals is allergic to most spices. I'll just stick to the basics. The rice maker worked wonderfully last night. I've never had rice so soft and fluffy. I'm so glad I bought it. I'm anxious to see how it cooks steel cut oats now. Tonight will be breakfast for dinner (egg scramble with peppers and leeks with airfryed hash browns). I got some new baskets for the office so will do some organizing later.

@faerywings You are much braver than I when it comes to snakes. Butter chicken is yummy, the sauce is a cream tomato curry base. I bet it would work well for tofu, I should try that.

I'd better get out of here and get dressed to go out. HAGD everyone.

AK_Tracy

Good Morning Everyone! Sounds like were all in the same boat and today is a rest day. @faerywings Chris the pizza night went amazing. We had a few pieces of the cheese pizza left over but is was a huge success. My CMTx is telling me I over did it and dont even think of moving today. I will move as I Have to do laundry. Everyone has an assigned laundry day and if you miss it you miss it. So I wont miss the laundry. Everything else will be missed. Unless my coffee becomes a miracle worker and it makes me feel human. Not holding my breath. Thank you Chris for the recipe too. My fam isn't so much about hummus but I like it, covered in garlic :love: The sun is shining again and it makes me happy, despite staring at 30 degrees. I am hopeful it will warm up and I can porch sit and read my book.

AK_Tracy

@Terri M Here is a good, fun place to get familiar with all the wonderful O family. I know Amy lurked about before posting, as did I. Its a fun daily conversation which makes it less overwhelming to jump in and look. Plus, lots of questions can be answered. dance4 You will soon feel right at home.

JeanneMN

@faerywings The concert was as phenomenal as I knew it would be,and unbeknownst to the director & his wife the office person had contacted the concert choir alums about the concert. After the last song which gave me goosebumps there was this bit of commotion in the audience (planned) & one of the alums (my son) several others came to the front and my son was the spokesperson and they thanked the director for all he had done for them and what an inspiration he was & they asked him if the alums could join the choir and sing that last song with them. Then 85 alums in the audience stood up and came to the front & they joined the choir and performed the final piece one last time, my goosebumps had goosebumps & those goosebumps had more . . . , woWzA.

Interesting you should mention doing another version of the layout, I was doing that very thing when I saw your message, it's getting closer. My OCD kicks in when it comes to scrapping, the time when I could use the fly by the seat of my pants thing, I overthink things too much and I'm trying to take in too many things at once & play instead of learning new techniques. I have been using blending modes a ton now, they are my new favorite thing. I absolutely agree about the eraser, I can't use it with masks either, I change my mind too many times, I need to use masks for that too.@AK_Tracy Taking notes is a great idea & I've been doing that, but I think I'm trying to learn everything right now and I'm not retaining it. I'm going to slow my roll and go back to the first selections class and use some of the cool new things I learned there & play for a few layouts. Send the leftover cheese pizza my way please. Assigned laundry days, now there's an example of OCD being no where to be found.. I'm going to slow my roll and go back to the first selections class and use some of the cool new things I learned there & play for a few layouts. Send the leftover cheese pizza my way please. Assigned laundry days, now there's an example of OCD thing not kicking in, laundry day is when I don't have any clean underwear.

Today was hair & nails day, always a good day even if it is gray. Hubs is starting Gunsmoke. I dug out & charged my noise canceling headphones. It doesn't completely block it, but at least I can think or listen to a tutorial.

Hope we don't have a long outage today, but I think having a new server is very exciting all the more space for digital goodies my dear.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon, all.

I'm SO late getting in here and I got up earlier than usual. The cat was crying at the door at 8:30 so I just stayed up. It's a fairly sunny day today, but the clouds are still hanging in there. I need to get dressed and take the trash down to the dumpster. I'd like to get up the energy to walk around the lake while I'm down there. Don't have a lot of energy so far, for some reason.

Chris @faerywings I wore a baseball cap.:rotfl:I never got my hair washed - I had several phone calls, so i just picked out a cap and wore that. It matched my jacket. We were just going to our little local Mexican restaurant, so I didn't have to dress up at all.

You are so much braver than me with snakes. I saw my first snake (except the ones the kids smoke out) the other night. I keep a blanket on the floor of my office and the cat and dog lay on it. The cat sleeps on it at night. There was a dead baby snake laying under the edge of the blanket. EEKKK I remembered then that the night before, he came slinking in and I know he had it because Lila apparently tried to see it and he hissed at her. It was so unusual for him to do that, but I know now that he had that snake in his mouth. (I can't believe I didn't see it!!) Anyhoo, I picked the whole blanket up and threw it out on the back patio. It's the first time he's brought any of his prey into the house; he usually leaves them at the back door. I'm terrified of snakes and that was my biggest fear about moving out here. It's so funny though because I saw snakes all the time when we lived in Florida. We had them INSIDE our pool cage, in our pool and sunning themselves on top of the pool cage.

Jeanne @JeanneMN that gave me goosebumps reading about the concert! Sounds wonderful!

Waving to everybody.

LauraD

Scrapbooking reminds us that life is beautiful.
CHEERY O
Eeek, snakes! Good or bad, I would react the same way! Same with spiders. I hate when I am pulling weeds and a gigantic spider scurries away! Today was a normal work day for me. I work from home, which is nice. We got a lot of rain last night (about 1 1/2 inches).

mimes1

CHEERY O
And speaking of old friends - the neighborhood road runner was in my back yard yesterday afternoon. He ran around the backyard then hopped up on the side fence and jumped into the neighbor's tree. Decided I should have my camera sitting on the side table by the window so it is handy if he comes back to visit again. I even saw a robin redbreast on the back fence later on. @mimes1 I live in the Albuquerque metro area in New Mexico. We see a lot of birds migrating through - but the roadrunners live here year round. We have had 2 - 3 hummingbird couples that show up early in the spring every year. I love seeing them in my fruit trees.
@BrightEyes Well theres another thing we have in common! My sister lives in Rio Rancho and works in Santa Fe, my cousin and his family live in ABQ - he's a prominent portrait photographer in the area, and my uncle lives in Moriarty.

mimes1

CHEERY O
The rice maker worked wonderfully last night. I've never had rice so soft and fluffy. I'm so glad I bought it. I'm anxious to see how it cooks steel cut oats now.
@bcgal00 let us know how the oats turn out in the rice cooker! mark has been bugging me to get him a rice cooker - if it can do oats as well that might just be worth it!

mimes1

CHEERY O
Eeek, snakes! Good or bad, I would react the same way! Same with spiders. I hate when I am pulling weeds and a gigantic spider scurries away! Today was a normal work day for me. I work from home, which is nice. We got a lot of rain last night (about 1 1/2 inches).
HI Laura! Nice to see you here in the Daily Oo's!

mimes1

CHEERY O
Hi everyone, it's super late and I'm just getting in here just under the midnight wire. It was a busy day - I took all of moms durable medical equipment and a ton of personal care items to her day care facility. They took all of it. It was a hard thing to do but I'm glad everything will be put to good use. Night night all - see you all in the morning. :sleeping2:

AK_Tracy

Hi everyone, it's super late and I'm just getting in here just under the midnight wire. It was a busy day - I took all of moms durable medical equipment and a ton of personal care items to her day care facility. They took all of it. It was a hard thing to do but I'm glad everything will be put to good use. Night night all - see you all in the morning. :sleeping2:
That is so beautiful! Think of all the people that will have an easier time because you shared. :heartpumppink: You are amazing Amy! Sleep well.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes Well theres another thing we have in common! My sister lives in Rio Rancho and works in Santa Fe, my cousin and his family live in ABQ - he's a prominent portrait photographer in the area, and my uncle lives in Moriarty.
I am LOL... I actually live in Rio Rancho and so does DD#3!!! Let me know if you ever come to visit her... maybe we could get together. Small world after all. dance3

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@faerywings The concert was as phenomenal as I knew it would be,and unbeknownst to the director & his wife the office person had contacted the concert choir alums about the concert. After the last song which gave me goosebumps there was this bit of commotion in the audience (planned) & one of the alums (my son) several others came to the front and my son was the spokesperson and they thanked the director for all he had done for them and what an inspiration he was & they asked him if the alums could join the choir and sing that last song with them. Then 85 alums in the audience stood up and came to the front & they joined the choir and performed the final piece one last time, my goosebumps had goosebumps & those goosebumps had more . . . , woWzA.

Interesting you should mention doing another version of the layout, I was doing that very thing when I saw your message, it's getting closer. My OCD kicks in when it comes to scrapping, the time when I could use the fly by the seat of my pants thing, I overthink things too much and I'm trying to take in too many things at once & play instead of learning new techniques. I have been using blending modes a ton now, they are my new favorite thing. I absolutely agree about the eraser, I can't use it with masks either, I change my mind too many times, I need to use masks for that too.@AK_Tracy Taking notes is a great idea & I've been doing that, but I think I'm trying to learn everything right now and I'm not retaining it. I'm going to slow my roll and go back to the first selections class and use some of the cool new things I learned there & play for a few layouts. Send the leftover cheese pizza my way please. Assigned laundry days, now there's an example of OCD being no where to be found.. I'm going to slow my roll and go back to the first selections class and use some of the cool new things I learned there & play for a few layouts. Send the leftover cheese pizza my way please. Assigned laundry days, now there's an example of OCD thing not kicking in, laundry day is when I don't have any clean underwear.

Today was hair & nails day, always a good day even if it is gray. Hubs is starting Gunsmoke. I dug out & charged my noise canceling headphones. It doesn't completely block it, but at least I can think or listen to a tutorial.

Hope we don't have a long outage today, but I think having a new server is very exciting all the more space for digital goodies my dear.
Your telling of the alums singing with the choir brought tears to my eyes! How special that must've been!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I don't mind spiders.....as long as they don't touch me, LOL! Or drop down on me from the ceiling!