Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, April 26

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
:friday:

It's here! It's here! Almost to the weekend!

*snorts*
Riiiiight. Because Friday is 100% different than Thursday for most of us. hehe
And to think I only worked one day this week, I didn't even clean for my friend this week because she is away. It's all good, anything that makes me a little joyful is A-OK. Like the sunshine-- looks like a very pretty day.

I didn't get as much stuff done as I wanted to yesterday, I was literally (yes, Grammarly, I do mean literally! Stop trying to autocorrect) walking in circles. Gary suggested that I should stop that and maybe try walking in different shapes. LOL! My desk is straightened up so at least I can look at it and not get nauseous. I did some banking, updated my calendars, and started my grocery order for next week. I even scrapped a Color Play LO. The reason I didn't finish the laundry is all DH's fault. He asked if I wanted to take the dogs on a hike. Uh, Yes!!!!
We went to the trails around the corner from us and it was the first time Jaida went out on her bionic knee. (Jaida is my pittie mix, she had two bionic knees. Patellar luxation repair when she was 1 yo, torn ACL in the other knee, surgery was in Dec) I kept asking Gary if he wanted to go up or stay where it was relatively flat since it was his first time hiking since last Autumn. He wanted to do the loop so we did. I think he and J both regretted it after we got back. haha! Whisky (a weird brown dog of unidentifiable breed. We think she is part dog/kangaroo/alien) and I took the lead and it was a quick 2-mile hike. Everything is turning green and lovely! This is the same hike Scott and I did a couple of weeks ago and what a difference in new growth.

My mom is coming up today to pick up her new laptop. My brother and SIL got it for her for Mother's Day. It's supposed to be a joint gift from us too but we don't have the $$ so our part is for Gary to set it up and transfer everything from the old Windows 7(!!) one to the new one. She is going back to PA alone after she leaves here. I think she and my dad are happier and calmer apart for now. And if that is what works, makes sense to me. My parents are good people and would do *anything* for the family. Except stop bickering. I think it is a physical and mental impossibility. :/

She is coming up around lunchtime and I hope I'll have some time to get out in the yard to clean up some more of the leaves and branches. I have some seeds I want to start too. The buckets and soil are outside and need to be washed (the buckets not the soil LOL) and it's been too cold/wet the days I have the time to do it.

That's about it-- HAGD!! xo

Last edited:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday That's awesome that you are sleeping better, it makes such a difference with everything else in life. What does the Inulin do? I hope that you were able to get everything that you needed and will feel better soon.
Did I ever share the app I use for Symtpom Tracking? It's called Bearbable and it's free. There are a lot of helpful features and it is customizable. I use it for Lyme symptoms. It also creates weekly reports based on your data so you can see if there is any correlation between how you are feeling to medications or activities.
I bet it felt amazing to scrap again! ♥ The Color Plays are incredible-- so pretty. I saw your LO in the HAPS this morning too :)

@mimes1 I bet it would make your mom happy to know that you are using her room to help other people. That's such a generous thing to do for the students. How old are the ones that you are hosting?
I hope that you got to do the AJ challenge! They are so much fun, I love breaking all of the rules and just going with the flow with them.
You're a good neighbor already. But first, you have to tell us about your dogs :dancingdog:-- then you'll be a *great* neighbor :D

You worked at the San Diego Zoo?! Wow, that is fantastic! I've never been to that zoo but it is one I would go to. I am 100% anti-circus and very picky about what zoos I visit but San Diego is supposed to be top-notch. I'd love to hear all about it.
I used to teach preschool, became a SAHM, tried to teach when my kids were babies, couldn't do more than a year of that, started to clean houses with a friend, kept doing that after she stopped, and now I am working at an ecology center- teaching kids about nature. Can't get better than that! No way can I work in an office. I did that for a few months as a temp many years ago and it made me want to jump out of my skin. DS is the same way- he is a Park Ranger and loves being outside.

@BrightEyes Lucky you, sleeping until 8 am. And I gather you weren't up reading into the middle of the night?
I had to google CCR - that sounds like a PITB to deal with. Are they very strict with the restrictions? I'd have a hard time with that, IMHO-- not all weeds are "weeds." Invasive, sure, I'll pull them, but a lot of other weeds are really just flowers with a wild steak :D
I hope that the weed killer works well and that you have some non-windy days to spray the rest of the yard.

@Cherylndesigns Hahaha! Glad I was able to help you with the date yesterday. You know it's a case-by-case basis with me. Never take it for granted that I know what I am doing LOL!
What kind of stuff is there at the Red Fern Festival? I don't think I ever read that book. if I did, I forgot everything about it.

Kay- True love is so special. You are blessed to have had it, and you still do. Hope the cable work was done quickly!

@JeanneMN Wow, you are dedicated to working out- that's awesome! I've been trying to be more active as I age, I see how frail my parents are now and I want to put that off as long as I can. I imagine there isn't much traffic to deal with at that hour. 20 miles could take three hours at certain times/places in NJ. :angrydriver:

I am usually in bed early too. It doesn't matter what time I fall asleep, my body thinks it should be up at 5 am. Pfft. I am neither an early bird nor a night owl. I am a 10 am -2 pm person.

@bcgal00 I just looked up that book and the story is true-- She was raised by capuchin monkeys! Nope, wait-- you mentioned Germany. I bet you read the WWII book with the same name. That makes more sense as a book club choice hahaha!
If you decide to do that, you will be awesome as a book club leader. LMK if you do and i'll see if I can read along.

@AK_Tracy What the heck? Is the nearest Costco really 150 miles away from you??? I will never ever EVER complain about being 40 minutes away from everything. Well, I'll try not to complain. At least not in front of you :floorlaugh:
I grew up in a town that connected 3 interstates and several state highways. A large mall was 5 minutes away and strip malls were everywhere. I moved to a more rural area of NJ and it takes about 40 minutes to get anywhere. That's nothing compared to your area! Our mountains probably look like speedbumps compared to AK hahah!
Thank you sooo much for looking at your curriculum/science websites. I appreciate it.

Hugs!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday That's awesome that you are sleeping better, it makes such a difference with everything else in life. What does the Inulin do? I hope that you were able to get everything that you needed and will feel better soon.
Did I ever share the app I use for Symtpom Tracking? It's called Bearbable and it's free. There are a lot of helpful features and it is customizable. I use it for Lyme symptoms. It also creates weekly reports based on your data so you can see if there is any correlation between how you are feeling to medications or activities.
I bet it felt amazing to scrap again! ♥ The Color Plays are incredible-- so pretty. I saw your LO in the HAPS this morning too :)

@mimes1 I bet it would make your mom happy to know that you are using her room to help other people. That's such a generous thing to do for the students. How old are the ones that you are hosting?
I hope that you got to do the AJ challenge! They are so much fun, I love breaking all of the rules and just going with the flow with them.
You're a good neighbor already. But first, you have to tell us about your dogs :dancingdog:-- then you'll be a *great* neighbor :D

You worked at the San Diego Zoo?! Wow, that is fantastic! I've never been to that zoo but it is one I would go to. I am 100% anti-circus and very picky about what zoos I visit but San Diego is supposed to be top-notch. I'd love to hear all about it.
I used to teach preschool, became a SAHM, tried to teach when my kids were babies, couldn't do more than a year of that, started to clean houses with a friend, kept doing that after she stopped, and now I am working at an ecology center- teaching kids about nature. Can't get better than that! No way can I work in an office. I did that for a few months as a temp many years ago and it made me want to jump out of my skin. DS is the same way- he is a Park Ranger and loves being outside.

@BrightEyes Lucky you, sleeping until 8 am. And I gather you weren't up reading into the middle of the night?
I had to google CCR - that sounds like a PITB to deal with. Are they very strict with the restrictions? I'd have a hard time with that, IMHO-- not all weeds are "weeds." Invasive, sure, I'll pull them, but a lot of other weeds are really just flowers with a wild steak :D
I hope that the weed killer works well and that you have some non-windy days to spray the rest of the yard.

@Cherylndesigns Hahaha! Glad I was able to help you with the date yesterday. You know it's a case-by-case basis with me. Never take it for granted that I know what I am doing LOL!
What kind of stuff is there at the Red Fern Festival? I don't think I ever read that book. if I did, I forgot everything about it.

Kay- True love is so special. You are blessed to have had it, and you still do. Hope the cable work was done quickly!

@JeanneMN Wow, you are dedicated to working out- that's awesome! I've been trying to be more active as I age, I see how frail my parents are now and I want to put that off as long as I can. I imagine there isn't much traffic to deal with at that hour. 20 miles could take three hours at certain times/places in NJ. :angrydriver:

I am usually in bed early too. It doesn't matter what time I fall asleep, my body thinks it should be up at 5 am. Pfft. I am neither an early bird nor a night owl. I am a 10 am -2 pm person.

@bcgal00 I just looked up that book and the story is true-- She was raised by capuchin monkeys! Nope, wait-- you mentioned Germany. I bet you read the WWII book with the same name. That makes more sense as a book club choice hahaha!
If you decide to do that, you will be awesome as a book club leader. LMK if you do and i'll see if I can read along.

@AK_Tracy What the heck? Is the nearest Costco really 150 miles away from you??? I will never ever EVER complain about being 40 minutes away from everything. Well, I'll try not to complain. At least not in front of you :floorlaugh:
I grew up in a town that connected 3 interstates and several state highways. A large mall was 5 minutes away and strip malls were everywhere. I moved to a more rural area of NJ and it takes about 40 minutes to get anywhere. That's nothing compared to your area! Our mountains probably look like speedbumps compared to AK hahah!
Thank you sooo much for looking at your curriculum/science websites. I appreciate it.

Hugs!
YUP! I got the supplements yesterday. Took my first dose of calcium+d3 and took a small dose of the Inulin (fiber) this morning. The doctor told me to start with a low dose of the fiber since I'm not used to taking it. Too much at once can, apparently, cause more problems than not taking it!
I'll check out the app, too. Thanks!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
Quick in and out! Since Mark is off today (still working only 32 hours/week) we slept in....well, he slept but I just laid there, LOL! I am late getting ready for going to the track. I did 2 miles in 40 minutes yesterday, so that averages out to 3 mph! I'm shooting for that again today, but 2 days in a row might be pushing myself a bit too much.......we shall see!
BBL.................

JeanneMN

@faerywings I've dealt with anxiety and depression my entire life and in 2002 my back exploded one morning while coughing. It was a long recovery & they could never figure out what to fix. The Mayo Clinic finally gave up on me after I turned down injections, I asked where they were going to inject it if they didn't know the cause. the answer "we'll fill you full of it and hope it migrates to the right spot." They also told me swimming would help, yah so easy in Minnesota in February so that's when I joined the gym in Rochester. Mentally I was a mess. I was on partial disability and constant pain & a job where they shoved my 8 hour days into the 5 hours the doctor me allowed to work and a nasty principal. So the gym is my lifeline. New knees Halloween 2018 and the next spring got a new bike and we started biking every day. There is a FABulous physical therapy business located at the gym too and the turning point for me was starting dry needling therapy a year and a half which has given me my life back. I will never be pain free, but between that and working out it's helped. At my age my dad was using a cane and a walker after a hip replacement, he just quit everything. Loved my Pops but that wasn't going to be me. Very very few are at 4:30 am so doesn't take long to drive 19 miles, would be a whole another story later, better than what you deal with, but bad enough that I don't want to drive then. Grocery runs are also part of gym routine where it isn't so busy either.Sorry for the long winded explanation.

Gray and drizzly here today, we need the rain so I would like it to put a little more effort into it. Glad I saved $80 on TV because, the Color Play is soooooooo my wheelhouse. I'm going to spend as much time with Anna today as I can. I'm itching to do a page.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Had fun at game night last night. Two ladies from the local FB group I belong to came out and we had fun playing Euchre for a few hours. We sure are meeting a lot of locals now, even more than when we were in Kamloops. Just another reason why I am so thrilled to have moved to Alberta. Everything is just falling into place here.

I am heading out soon to pick up some frames I bought on FB marketplace. They are exactly what I want and a really good price. I will order some more prints this wkend and get them on the walls next week. It feels so good to walk around the house and see my photos on the wall. It really feels like home here now.

I'll bring Remi with me, we'll stop at Frank Lake (for bird photos) after I pick up the frames and will find a good spot to stop and play ball with her for a bit. I need to pop into Canadian Tire to see if they have the replacement bulbs I need for the recessed lighting in the kitchen. One burned out yesterday. I am going to try out the rice maker this weekend and will steam some salmon in it too.

@faerywings What a great gift for you mom and also great that G will set it up for her. I won't start the book club for a bit, I'll just check around to see who might be interested and then decide whether to wait until the fall or start it in the summer. I know many go on summer holidays and do more outdoor activities so not sure if the club will be a good summer thing or not yet. If I do it, I want to have a monthly theme, not a specific book to read as I think that opens up the choices and also gives us all more recommendations to check out each month as we'll review what was read the month previous.

I'd better go post my CT pages and get out of here. HAGD everyone.

AK_Tracy

Hugs!
Yep, A bit over 150 miles to Costco. We go once a month. It really is worth the savings. 40 minute drive, that's to church. that's easy. Work takes me just over a half hour. I love it. Its so normal to me. Lower 48 traffic makes my head hurt. Too peopley. The thing about our mountains is they appear so much bigger because they start at sea level. Its amazing and beautiful.

AK_Tracy

:coffeedrinker:Good Morning all. The sun is shining. Its 37 degrees. I dont have to leave my house today! dance3dance4 If the clouds stay away the snow will melt some more. If the clouds stay away I can porch sit and get some vitD and tan a little. Its gonna be a great day. Cant wait for the lake to thaw so the dogs can swim. They're missing the wide open space to run. Ski season was officially over two weeks ago so they have lots of energy to use up.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning. It stormed most of the night and it's raining so hard now. I just hope this is gone by tomorrow. Ava and I are so looking forward to going to the festival. I bought the book when we moved out here; I saw it in a local bookstore downtown and decided I had to have it. I have never seen the movie however. There were two of them - 1974 and 2006 according to what I just read. The author lived in the Ozarks in this area. They were already setting up for the festival last night. Lots of vendors, arts and crafts among other activities. I love to go see what peolple are making and I'm sure there will be lots of Cherokee arts and crafts, and other activities and they say lots of food trucks and live music.

Chris @faerywings I'd say that's a heck of deal for Gary to set up the laptop and Windows 7??? That's a great trade off for everybody! If you don't know what you're doing when you make such a transition it either A. takes days or B you call an IT person Either way Gary setting it up is a win win. Your mom is going to love her new laptop! What a great gift.

Vicky @vickyday you definitely have to ease into the fiber (Inulin). When I first started drinking the protein shakes, I had to back off on the recommended amount of protein powder. It was too much fiber for me all at once. I was also adding other ingredients that contained fiber. My system is very sensitive too and whenever I make changes in my diet, I have to be real careful. I'm SO glad the Sleepy Time Extra is helping you. Apparently, that was all you needed. It has Valerian Root in it which is sleep inducing. When I first started drinking my tea recipe, I was taking double Valerian Root, that's how hard it was for me to get sleepy. I;m just thrilled that you're sleeping now. My problem wasn't sleeping, it was going to sleep and the tea helps me ease into being sleepy.

Jeanne @JeanneMN We do what we have to do for our health. Luckily, you found something (weights, cardio, etc.) that helped you get back on track. I'm a firm believer in that and taking charge of our own health and what works for our bodies. Your story is very inspiring!

Tracy @AK_Tracy again, we do what we need to do - like driving that far to Costco. But like you said, it's worth it and I'm sure you're used to doing things like that. You're right about the traffic in the lower 48 - I came from the Detroit Metro Area in, Mi and it's pretty crazy there. It's like somebody dropped an invisible checkered flag to start the race. :runningdog: Oh heck, traffic is bad almost anywhere. :lol23:

Hugs to all. I have some more layouts to post. I had too many CP's to post last night, but I got 5 of them posted before midnight, so I have 5 that I can post today. There are a few that aren't Color Play, and I think they might be in the store today. I'm so excited about the new CP and will be posting them on Instagram all weekend, too. :grouphugyay: and XOXO

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Well, that was frustrating... the weed killer I bought would not spray!!! Worked with it for over 30 minutes then gave up and took it back to WM... Of course, I had tossed the receipt after I got home last week.... What was I thinking about to do that!!!! :crying1: Anyway... a quick trip over to WM and they gave me a WM gift card to use. Bought a different weed killer with a different sprayer. Back home and put the N-95 mask and gloves on before I tried the sprayer... Hoorah!! It Worked!!! Managed to get most of the front/side yard sprayed before the breeze started blowing.... thank goodness. I checked the backyard and the home made weed spray did not seem to be working so glad I didn't waste time spraying it in the front. It will have to wait until next week before the winds are calm enough to spray out there... plus we may be getting rain showers in the next few days. I am POOPED... so need to let the back and right hand rest. I want to work on a couple more Color Play LOs but the body is yelling "NOT NOW!!"

@mimes1 You worked at the SD Zoo??? We lived in the San Diego area (Imperial Beach, Coronado, and Poway) off and on for 37 years!!! Loved taking the kids to the Zoo. We were members for several years. Of course, we loved going to the SD Wild Animal Park - especially when they had the concerts in the summer evenings. So many wonderful memories of our time there. Hubby was in the Navy and was stationed at North Island NAS and at Miramar NAS. Saw so many famous performers there. We moved there the first time before I-5 was built and before the Bay Bridge was put it. I watched them building it from my kitchen window (Navy Housing on the Strand).

The right arm/hand are yelling at me so have to close this out. Will try to get back later on today once they settle down.

AK_Tracy

la la la la la I have Phantom of the Opera running through my mind........ "Sing with me .... aaaahhhhhhhhh" :floorlaugh:
Do you ever just think in song? Or movie quotes? My mind is running songs right now that have nothing to do with my day. And when someone says "so....." I automatically think. Sew a needle pulling thread..........
Am I alone are do you do this too???? I know my mom does and my daughter but is it just us??? :groupchat: It might be but I am hoping I'm not that crazy. Or that I am not telling you how crazy I am.:pillowtalk:

AK_Tracy

Guess I should do the dishes and plan dinner but eh why. They dont need to eat for another 8 hours. They'll be fine. Oh yeah, hubs grilling steak, I dont have to cook again today!! :yesss::yesss::yesss: Okay, I am gonna leave now before I show ya all how crazy I really am.......... oops, keep it a secret...........

mimes1

CHEERY O
HI Everyone. It's been a busy day here and am just now sitting down to get caught up with everyone. I am determined to get the thank you's from mom's services, flowers, gifts and cards finished and in the mail. Today I wrote close to 25? I am now down to five remaining, three of which get home made cards, and those are printed but not assembled. I'll do that tomorrow. The process of writing the thank you 's has been surprisingly healing. Mark had shoulder surgery 3 weeks before mom died, and he's not back to work yet and goes to PT. After PT we went for a 2 mile walk, then an early dinner - oh, and we stopped for ice cream on the way home. So it's been a busy day.

Hope you HAGD!! (Look at me picking up your acronyms already! )

mimes1

CHEERY O

@faerywings We have 3 BIG dogs - the oldest is Ike, he's a yellow lab and he'll be 15 in July!! I'm really proud of this old guy, he and I are bonded beyond any bonding I've ever had with a dog. Then we have Gunner, he's a rescue, kind of lab-ish but more shepherd-ish. I think he has some ridgeback in him. Very sweet, he's our protector. He's very reactive to other dogs. When people come over he's all over them for 3 minutes then he's their best friend. Then we have our 92# pup Reesie. He's a lab. Huge, rambunctious, manners coming along but understands instruction in the absence of distraction. Sometimes it's pure chaos around here. We have gates everywhere because when mom was here her safety was the top priority, so we'd partition off sections of the house just like at the zoo!! I guess you can take the girl out of the zoo but you can't take the zoo out of the girl.

The zoo was the best job ever. I loved everything about it. I started as a bird keeper, and in 2002 I became supervisor of the Bird Department. So yeah, birds are my thing. :) Nothing but wonderful memories of everything about it. Of course there were hard days, but being outdoors, on campus, seeing and hearing the birds, watching their successes of hatching and rearing their babies. Everything was just the best. I miss it every single day. It's been almost 4 years since I retired. Over time I'll tell you all about it. I need a lifetime to share everything about it. I was there for 36 years.

Last edited:

mimes1

CHEERY O
Tracy @AK_Tracy again, we do what we need to do - like driving that far to Costco. But like you said, it's worth it and I'm sure you're used to doing things like that. You're right about the traffic in the lower 48 - I came from the Detroit Metro Area in, Mi and it's pretty crazy there. It's like somebody dropped an invisible checkered flag to start the race. :runningdog: Oh heck, traffic is bad almost anywhere. :lol23:
@Cherylndesigns I grew up in Birmingham. Where did you live?

mimes1

CHEERY O
@mimes1 You worked at the SD Zoo??? We lived in the San Diego area (Imperial Beach, Coronado, and Poway) off and on for 37 years!!! Loved taking the kids to the Zoo. We were members for several years. Of course, we loved going to the SD Wild Animal Park - especially when they had the concerts in the summer evenings. So many wonderful memories of our time there. Hubby was in the Navy and was stationed at North Island NAS and at Miramar NAS. Saw so many famous performers there. We moved there the first time before I-5 was built and before the Bay Bridge was put it. I watched them building it from my kitchen window (Navy Housing on the Strand).
@BrightEyes Yes! The zoo was an amazing job. Loved everything about it. Mark grew up in La Jolla and when we married we bought a house in Santee. Mark's brother currently loves in Poway. We spent lots of time on the beach at Coronado. I was probably there when you visited the zoo!

AK_Tracy

@AK_Tracy how did the teens do making your dinner last night? They didn't make you settle for Costco hot dogs did they?

Best thing I ever did was teach my kids to cook for themselves. Dont count on your siblings to make you lunch :floorlaugh: Each has their special things to make but overall they wont starve to death. They also cook from scratch, so boxed Mac n cheese isn't what they'll make when you ask. :yesss: They can all make a mean coffee cake.

AK_Tracy

What is a "reaction score"? If you hover over someones avi you see their "counts" like they've made 10 gallery posts, or 70 comments, but what's a reaction score? Is that every time I "heart" a comment???

mimes1

CHEERY O
What is a "reaction score"? If you hover over someones avi you see their "counts" like they've made 10 gallery posts, or 70 comments, but what's a reaction score? Is that every time I "heart" a comment???
I was poking around with that last night - I think that's how many times you've reacted to a post or layout without leaving a comment. Someone else more knowledgeable may correct that though.