Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, March 28

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
:cowwaving:
Hello and happy Thursday!
It's another rainy, chilly, dreary day in NJ. I am still waiting on March lambs to get here but thought perhaps that cow might encourage that. There are only a few more days in March to get rid of the lions.

I had a blergh-ish day yesterday. Nothing good, nothing bad- just "meh." That's not 100% true. BFF called and everything with her ultrasound was fine. Whew!!!! She goes back for her regular mammo in 6 months and I asked-- jokingly of course!-- if she could wait until after the wedding, neither of us would be able to handle the extra stress. :rotfl:
I also spoke to my mom, she called to apologize for how she and my dad behaved. I am glad that they at least *recognize* that they are upsetting me and are not being nice to each other. They are coming here Easter morning for bagels, let's see if anything is better. I'm not holding my breath. :/

I scrapped a page for an upcoming release and other than that, that was it. Gary wasn't feeling good, he is on his week of Tindamax so I stayed clear. I am off to clean for my friend this morning. My goal for the afternoon is to stop procrastinating about making an appt for a checkup. It's been a couple of years since I had one.
Read carefully: I didn't say I was going to actually make the appt, only that I was going to stop procrastinating. For all my good intentions, I might decide that writing it on my To-Do list is all I have to do. :floorlaugh:

Whoops: I hit Post before I was ready.
I'll take that as a hint to do personas; and start my day

Sending love to you all!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday Thank you for your prayers :praying2:
How is the weather by you, is the rain on its way out? I hope that you are feeling better and enjoyed your PJ day.

@BrightEyes I am so happy that you are feeling better, weird how that cold came out of nowhere. I am so sorry that you had to make those phone calls and got news that your cousin is not doing well either. It seems like loss is non-stop :hug2:
I bet you are counting down until DS is on your doorstep ♥

@tanteva Hahahaha!! Love the scrap page! And of course you made tofu with ketchup :D
When did you add No Vodka on my Pasta to your siggie? Do you realize that half of your statements are connected to me? I'm especially proud of the psychopath line. Bwuahahah!

@Cherylndesigns If you are just crumbling the tofu in a pan, not pressing it works fine but if you want to bake or fry it, you press the extra water out so it stays firm and cooks crispy. You can marinate it in just about anything to give it flavor. Dust it in seasoned cornstarch and bake it and it comes out crispy on the outside and then you can toss or drizzle it with sauce. If tofu cubes are mixed with sauce and veggies I love it, just on its own I am more conscious of the texture which takes getting used to (IMHO but I am weird with food textures)
Often I'll double the sauce part of a recipe and cook one batch with chicken and one with tofu. That way everyone can eat what they want.
Hope that your family is feeling better by now.
I made a cold relief salve with Eucalyptus, rosemary, and lavender (or was it lemon?) EOs. I'll have to see if I have the recipe still. I would put the EO blend in a diffuser or add it to a combo of beeswax and a carrier oil. Once it was solid, I used it like Vicks Vaporub.

Here ya go:
Cold Relief
Rosemary 20% 2 drops ½ oz 3 ml 1 oz 6 ml
Tea Tree 30% 3 drops 1 tsp 2 tsp
Peppermint 20% 2 drops 3 ml 6 ml
Euc glob. 30% 3 drops 1 tsp 2 tsp

The percentage is for making the blend, the drops/ml/oz are how much I would use depending on how much of the product I would make. When making a blend, it's best to make it and let it sit for a couple of days before you incorporate it into a final product. That lets the EO molecules"marry" for lack of a better word.
I can't remember off the top of my head what percentage I used of the EO blend into the salve base but I'll go through my binder and post that when I can. Everything needs to be diluted because the EOs are highly concentrated.

(Now that I think of it, the lemon was when I made a children's cold blend. I used a different phenotype of Eucalyptus (Euc lemon) that is gentler and safer for children.)

Also: If you have high blood pressure, use lower percentages of Rosemary. In very high doses, it can raise BP. Also, don't use citrus oils on your skin before sun exposure, they are photosensitizers.

Eva-- perfect timing for that newsletter, thank you for sharing that link

Some vegetarian/vegan websites:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Salve recipe:

6 oz olive oil
2.25 oz beeswax (weigh on a scale)
2.25 oz cocoa butter
1 Tbsp EO blend

This made about 3 2 oz tins but you can scale the recipe to however much you want to make

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
:cowwaving:
Hello and happy Thursday!
It's another rainy, chilly, dreary day in NJ. I am still waiting on March lambs to get here but thought perhaps that cow might encourage that. There are only a few more days in March to get rid of the lions.

I had a blergh-ish day yesterday. Nothing good, nothing bad- just "meh." That's not 100% true. BFF called and everything with her ultrasound was fine. Whew!!!! She goes back for her regular mammo in 6 months and I asked-- jokingly of course!-- if she could wait until after the wedding, neither of us would be able to handle the extra stress. :rotfl:
I also spoke to my mom, she called to apologize for how she and my dad behaved. I am glad that they at least *recognize* that they are upsetting me and are not being nice to each other. They are coming here Easter morning for bagels, let's see if anything is better. I'm not holding my breath. :/

I scrapped a page for an upcoming release and other than that, that was it. Gary wasn't feeling good, he is on his week of Tindamax so I stayed clear. I am off to clean for my friend this morning. My goal for the afternoon is to stop procrastinating about making an appt for a checkup. It's been a couple of years since I had one.
Read carefully: I didn't say I was going to actually make the appt, only that I was going to stop procrastinating. For all my good intentions, I might decide that writing it on my To-Do list is all I have to do. :floorlaugh:

Whoops: I hit Post before I was ready.
I'll take that as a hint to do personas; and start my day

Sending love to you all!
Looks to be another rainy day here, too!
Sorry Gary is feeling badly. Is it the Tindamax that makes him feel badly?
I'm glad your mom realized their actions upset you! Will it change them? Don't count on it!
It is always hard for me to get started making the appointments for myself, too.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday Thank you for your prayers :praying2:
How is the weather by you, is the rain on its way out? I hope that you are feeling better and enjoyed your PJ day.

@BrightEyes I am so happy that you are feeling better, weird how that cold came out of nowhere. I am so sorry that you had to make those phone calls and got news that your cousin is not doing well either. It seems like loss is non-stop :hug2:

@tanteva Hahahaha!! Love the scrap page! And of course you made tofu with ketchup :D
When did you add No Vodka on my Pasta to your siggie? Do you realize that half of your statements are connected to me? I'm especially proud of the psychopath line. Bwuahahah!

@Cherylndesigns If you are just crumbling the tofu in a pan, not pressing it works fine but if you want to bake or fry it, you press the extra water out so it stays firm and cooks crispy. You can marinate it in just about anything to give it flavor. Dust it in seasoned cornstarch and bake it and it comes out crispy on the outside and then you can toss or drizzle it with sauce. If tofu cubes are mixed with sauce and veggies I love it, just on its own I am more conscious of the texture which takes getting used to (IMHO but I am weird with food textures)
Often I'll double the sauce part of a recipe and cook one batch with chicken and one with tofu. That way everyone can eat what they want.
Hope that your family is feeling better by now.
I made a cold relief salve with Eucalyptus, rosemary, and lavender (or was it lemon?) EOs. I'll have to see if I have the recipe still. I would put the EO blend in a diffuser or add it to a combo of beeswax and a carrier oil. Once it was solid, I used it like Vicks Vaporub.

Here ya go:
Cold Relief
Rosemary 20% 2 drops ½ oz 3 ml 1 oz 6 ml
Tea Tree 30% 3 drops 1 tsp 2 tsp
Peppermint 20% 2 drops 3 ml 6 ml
Euc glob. 30% 3 drops 1 tsp 2 tsp

The percentage is for making the blend, the drops/ml/oz are how much I would use depending on how much of the product I would make. When making a blend, it's best to make it and let it sit for a couple of days before you incorporate it into a final product. That lets the EO molecules"marry" for lack of a better word.
I can't remember off the top of my head what percentage I used of the EO blend into the salve base but I'll go through my binder and post that when I can. Everything needs to be diluted because the EOs are highly concentrated.

(Now that I think of it, the lemon was when I made a children's cold blend. I used a different phenotype of Eucalyptus (Euc lemon) that is gentler and safer for children.)

Also: If you have high blood pressure, use lower percentages of Rosemary. In very high doses, it can raise BP. Also, don't use citrus oils on your skin before sun exposure, they are photosensitizers.

Eva-- perfect timing for that newsletter, thank you for sharing that link

Some vegetarian/vegan websites:
Feeling somewhat better today. But the rain is still hanging on! At least it is keeping the bird bath water refreshed! ;)

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning All,
Mark is off today for Good Friday.....since they don't work on Fridays. Guess where he is? At least while it is not raining.

No plans for today. I would love to go for a walk, but the weather is just not predictable. It could rain at any time! We will see how the day progresses! We are supposed to have decent weather tomorrow and Saturday. Mark is going to take the battery off of the Goldwing and we are going to take a test run to see what effect it has on my back, if any! Might need to make a run to DQ for the test! ;)

Time for my morning bone broth!

HAGD!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Jen has left for Vancouver so the house will be quieter with her and Bella gone. D's neck is feeling a bit better. I had a great day with the group yesterday and got lots of bird photos, including squirrels and a coyote along the water's edge. I learn so much from the group leaders, they have piqued my interest in getting binoculars so I ordered the same ones the leaders have (Celestron). I'll enjoy them b/c although the camera has a good reach for photos, it takes a few seconds to focus and then hold focus as the bird moves around. The binoculars will be much better for that. I'll still bring the camera and take photos but sometimes I will just enjoy seeing them with the binoculars.

I'll take the dogs to the park today, maybe make a banana bread (unless it's too late and the bananas are too brown). Dinner today for me will be baked sweet potato and beans, along with a salad and some airfried parmesan toast. I want to have at least 2-3 meatless days a week.

I rec'd some new batteries from amazon for the big camera so am stocked up for day trips now with 4 batteries, that should be enough.

Did I tell you I am going to join a beginner Mahjong group? The group president called (we've become friends) and she said another group member is going to start up a new session soon so she put my name in for me.

There are so many things for me to do besides scrapping now, I no longer scrap every day. It's funny how life changes. Mahjong, pickleball, Thurs game nights, dog park on Monday with a friend, bingo and I'm starting a mexican train dominos monthly group here in our home. Retired life is very busy :)

@faerywings Hope G feels better soon.

@vickyday Hope your back is ok for the ride to DQ. Enjoy.

I'm getting more coffee and will start reorganizing photos, transferring some to the 8 T drive. HAGD everyone.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. Wow... what a beautiful day!!! Sunshine with blue skies and a few clouds!!! It looks like spring!!! The plum tree blossoms are turning into green leaves. Suppose to be getting up to 60 this afternoon!!! That has really made me happy. Still waiting to hear from DSon#1. I figured they are worn out from the long flight from the Philippines to Los Angles - then flying on to Las Vegas. Hope they arrive before Sunday as the winds are going to be howling again then.

Just finished a Color Play LO and have 1 more to do before they go live. So many wonderful ones this month. Will have to pace adding them to the gallery as I have made more than 5 this month. :D Should have them all uploaded before DSon#1 and wife arrive.

So relieved that 'whatever illness it was' is gone... I am feeling normal again! I managed to get the laundry done yesterday and do a bit of cleaning. Since I am fairly neat - the house stays pretty clean and only needed a few things done. But the right knee is bothering me this morning so will put the brace back on.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
"Cold came out of nowhere"??? Weather or illness??? Didn't have any cold symptoms... just headache and fever. Weather wise... the sleet/snowflakes were a huge surprise. It happened several times that day. Was glad I only had a couple of errands to do and was only out for a short while.

Yes, seems like the bad news comes in batches so not much time to adjust to one death in the family with others coming right afterwards. At least we are somewhat prepared for the next one knowing it is coming soon.

@vickyday How nice it is that DH is given Today off since Fridays are his regular days off.

@bcgal00 Glad Jen is getting some visiting with family on this trip. I know you will miss her if she does decide to move out on her own again. So many changes for you and hubby the past couple of years!! So glad you are getting active with groups in your place. I used to play Mahjong when we live in Cairo and after we came back to the states. Does your group play with new rule books each year (we used the AF rule book that changed every year)? I still have my set but haven't played in years. Love your bird photos on FB... so clear and sharp. You are making good use of the new camera.

Time for another cup of coffee then get dressed for the day. HAGD

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon all,

Quick in and out because I'm leaving in an hour (unexpectedly) and I'm not even cleaned up.

Chris @faerywings thank you SO much for these awesome recipes and tips. I'm going to c/p them. Those EO "recipes" sound perfect. I know they take lots of time to make, but you should sell them! People around here make bank at the Farmer's Market. I love reading about them, so thank you. I'll talk more about the tofu tomorrow, I hope. Yes, I'm basically "searing" it in a pan of olive oil and put it in the pan in pieces, or chop it up with my spatula while I'm cooking it. I'm glad I'm doing that right at least. It tastes good, but then, I like the texture and flavor. I get it about the texture, though. That has never bothered me.

I was on the phone for a long time today with one of the women who heads up the Hospice Company that helped care for Chuck. She has called me several times, but today was like a therapy session. I asked her how much I owed her when we were done talking. Boy, was it a great conversation.

Anyhoo, hugs to everybody and I'll be in here tomorrow. We're going shopping then out to dinner, so I don't know when I'll be home.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Jen has left for Vancouver so the house will be quieter with her and Bella gone. D's neck is feeling a bit better. I had a great day with the group yesterday and got lots of bird photos, including squirrels and a coyote along the water's edge. I learn so much from the group leaders, they have piqued my interest in getting binoculars so I ordered the same ones the leaders have (Celestron). I'll enjoy them b/c although the camera has a good reach for photos, it takes a few seconds to focus and then hold focus as the bird moves around. The binoculars will be much better for that. I'll still bring the camera and take photos but sometimes I will just enjoy seeing them with the binoculars.

I'll take the dogs to the park today, maybe make a banana bread (unless it's too late and the bananas are too brown). Dinner today for me will be baked sweet potato and beans, along with a salad and some airfried parmesan toast. I want to have at least 2-3 meatless days a week.

I rec'd some new batteries from amazon for the big camera so am stocked up for day trips now with 4 batteries, that should be enough.

Did I tell you I am going to join a beginner Mahjong group? The group president called (we've become friends) and she said another group member is going to start up a new session soon so she put my name in for me.

There are so many things for me to do besides scrapping now, I no longer scrap every day. It's funny how life changes. Mahjong, pickleball, Thurs game nights, dog park on Monday with a friend, bingo and I'm starting a mexican train dominos monthly group here in our home. Retired life is very busy :)

@faerywings Hope G feels better soon.

@vickyday Hope your back is ok for the ride to DQ. Enjoy.

I'm getting more coffee and will start reorganizing photos, transferring some to the 8 T drive. HAGD everyone.
You are quite busy, for sure!
My back was good for our drive! Thanks!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. Wow... what a beautiful day!!! Sunshine with blue skies and a few clouds!!! It looks like spring!!! The plum tree blossoms are turning into green leaves. Suppose to be getting up to 60 this afternoon!!! That has really made me happy. Still waiting to hear from DSon#1. I figured they are worn out from the long flight from the Philippines to Los Angles - then flying on to Las Vegas. Hope they arrive before Sunday as the winds are going to be howling again then.

Just finished a Color Play LO and have 1 more to do before they go live. So many wonderful ones this month. Will have to pace adding them to the gallery as I have made more than 5 this month. :D Should have them all uploaded before DSon#1 and wife arrive.

So relieved that 'whatever illness it was' is gone... I am feeling normal again! I managed to get the laundry done yesterday and do a bit of cleaning. Since I am fairly neat - the house stays pretty clean and only needed a few things done. But the right knee is bothering me this morning so will put the brace back on.
So glad you are feeling back to normal!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
"Cold came out of nowhere"??? Weather or illness??? Didn't have any cold symptoms... just headache and fever. Weather wise... the sleet/snowflakes were a huge surprise. It happened several times that day. Was glad I only had a couple of errands to do and was only out for a short while.

Yes, seems like the bad news comes in batches so not much time to adjust to one death in the family with others coming right afterwards. At least we are somewhat prepared for the next one knowing it is coming soon.

@vickyday How nice it is that DH is given Today off since Fridays are his regular days off.

@bcgal00 Glad Jen is getting some visiting with family on this trip. I know you will miss her if she does decide to move out on her own again. So many changes for you and hubby the past couple of years!! So glad you are getting active with groups in your place. I used to play Mahjong when we live in Cairo and after we came back to the states. Does your group play with new rule books each year (we used the AF rule book that changed every year)? I still have my set but haven't played in years. Love your bird photos on FB... so clear and sharp. You are making good use of the new camera.

Time for another cup of coffee then get dressed for the day. HAGD
The boss must've had something to do.....probably go to the beach.....for the long weekend! Whatever! He got paid for it!