Oscraps

Daily Ooos: August 6-7: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
It's the weekend! *happy, Snoopy dance*
Still very HHH in New Jersey- again we kept getting the tease of possible rain yesterday and I think it might have rained for 5 minutes. The only positive thing I can say is that when I drove past the reservoir yesterday, it was not at the lowest level I have seen. I guess all of the snow we got had it pretty full before the drought started.

I want you to guess how long it took for Caitlyn's surgery yesterday. She had all 4 wisdom teeth out, all of them were above the gum line, one was sideways.

1. Less than 10 minutes
2. 10 to 25
3. 25-45
4. 45- 60+ minutes

I had mine out, coincidentally by the same Dr, about 15 years ago and it took about an hour.
Do you have any guesses yet?

Less than 10 minutes.
You should have seen my face, apparently, I looked like I was very concerned there was something wrong when she walked out of the office. They called her back, I texted Gary to let him know. Played a game on my phone and she is back out. I swear, I thought that they took a look at her mouth and realized they couldn't do it or that maybe her insurance got canceled. She said that she thought he was just getting started when he rolled away from the chair. I hope this means that she will heal up quickly. She ate a bunch of pudding and soup yesterday so that was good. Sheesh, I was out of commission for days.

HAHAHA!! I just took a little trip down memory lane and searched for my posts about my teeth here. It was Feb 2008 and apparently, I was on my butt after it. I had 4 bony impacted wisdom teeth *and* I was complaining that the Dr doesn't like to do surgery on people "my age" because the older they are the harder it is to heal. Looks like I was in bed for days. I do remember that was when my kids made "Wheelchair Mom." They decorated a paper plate/yarn face and popped it into a wheelchair we had for Gary when he was having trouble walking from Lyme. And oddly enough, I found the post from the day I found that both kids had Lyme.
Ladies, I am devastated... at least I think I am underneath the numbness. We went for Gary's Lyme appt and the kids' results were in.
Scott has Lyme, and two co-infections, babesiosis and ehrlichiosis.
Caitlyn, has Lyme, a couple of co-inf's and and autoimmune disease (Sjouner's I think?) Here- http://www.sjogrens.org/ triggered from the Lyme. I am in shock- I knew they had lyme, a mom knows these things-- but I wasn't expecting the other stuff.
So now all 4 of us have lyme and they each have some other combinations of co-infections. Unbelievable.
Our lyme dr doesn't see kids so she called from her office to see if we could get in with someone she recommends. He wasn't taking new patients, but is taking mine. (thank goodness the dr called on our behalf!)
We see him on March 14. And no, he- like almost all lyme drs doesn't take insurance.
I don't know what we are going to do.... I really don't....

Ladies- I know you all have prayed so much for me already.... but my kids really really need it too.

And farther down-- this is funny!!
That reminds me - when I got my teeth done last week- (sal, I wish you were there with me, we would have been fun-nyyyy!)-- I was liking the IV anesthesia and laughing gas- I told the dr that I wanted him to let me hang out for a bit, pretend to take my teeth out then send me home with the gas.
:D

They didn't go for it- some drivel about it being illegal....
*shakes head*

I haven't changed at ALL!!
ROTFLMAO!!

BTW, @LSlycord -- you were were supporting me way back then ♥

Today is the FP, please let them have coffee!!
That's about it!

Hugs!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am still chuckling over me being all aggravated about being called someone "my age" and then asking for the laughing gas. I wish past me knew that it only went downhill from there. What I would give to be 2008 me. Bwahaha!!
(Honestly, 2008 Me was in bad shape. I might be older now but hooo-eeee, much healthier. Many MANY more wrinkles and age spots and grey hair but so much healthier, I'll take it!)

@tanteva oh yuck, that is so hard deleting stuff. I go through that in fits and starts. I don't have any EHDs. I *had* 250GB at one time, but that wouldn't;t hold much of anything even if I got it to work. But..... if you don't have enough room to unzip the new stuff, I guess you have no choice. Good luck. Be strong. You got this.

@BrightEyes eek. I hope that the WW container is able to be replaced quickly. Is it something you can put some duct tape on in the meantime? (My answer to everything is either duct tape or hot glue, I am not much help LOL)
They use the same technique for items in dollar stores. Same product but half the amount in there. But if you have limited cash, sometimes all you have is a dollar. :(

@Betty Jo I am going to have to see that list of the animal icons, thank you for thinking of me!!
Drat! I clicked the links and they are 502 Error pages. I'll have to see if I can find them ☺

@Amandajk I am so happy and relieved for you and your family, it is a looooooong process to finally get disability coverage. I don't; know if it is any easier or harder through the VA than "regular" Social Security Disability but it was a horrible experience and a long time for us. That is so exciting to take the grands on a trip, hope you are having a wonderful time with them! I can't wait to see some pics of them :)

@bcgal00 did the packing cubes come in? I am so excited for you guys!! Bet it felt nice to get out in the cooler temps and the drizzle must have also felt incredible. I knew you would understand what I was trying to inelegantly say with regards to Sam and to Jen and "moving on." Big hugs to you all xo

@Cherylndesigns what did you and Casey get up to when she was over cleaning for you?
I hope that once you got out shopping you had fun. Pretty sure that you did... Cait wanted me to take her to Marshall's yesterday to look at the Halloween stuff. I told her no, that the last thing she should have been doing after her teeth was shopping. Silly girl!
Thanks for the encouragement to Cait and the job. She told me yesterday that Scott turned down the job at the ecology center. After talking to the person who has it now and is leaving, he didn't think it was the best fit, that he didn't want to "dread"-- his word- going to work every day.
I think tea is still pretty inexpensive but I only drink hot tea in the winter, I know I am weird hah

@scrap-genie it is always so nice to see you here! I have been wondering how you have been doing with the heat. Hope you are hanging in!

love to you all!

LSlycord

LOL!!! Oh @faerywings how funny is that! I love that you searched and found that. And I especially love that you don't post about Scott's Lyme. That was such a hard time for you! It's always good to see where we have been...it tells us we will get to where we are going.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Wish I could send you some coffee @faerywings Everyone needs a decent stash of coffee!

#coffee

I'm in such funky mood these days. I'm nowhere near depressed, I'm basically in a happy place in life. Guess the best way to describe how I feel is bored. I get ideas, then they just sound dull and boring, and I don't do anything. I'm guessing it's menopause related. That sh*t is not to play with. All the time: I start a layout, it's crap. I start knitting - and unravel cuz it's crap. I cook dinner and it's blah.

Only thing that feel's like it's working for me is the diet. Have lost 4,1 kilos so far (or that was on Monday, hopefully I've lost more now LOL). 4,1 kilos are about 9 pounds. And it's really easy as well, so far. I'm never hungry or anything, and I've always got points to spare on Sundays. WeightWatchers are the best way for me to lose weight. I can still have my carbs. LOL

carbatarian-carbs.gif

Trying to get some sorting/organizing done, but really making it in baby steps now, since we suspect the huge project of organising the pantry was what made Mårten sick. At least the vet said that the bladder inflammation usually is caused by stress, and he was extremely stressed during the chaos in the kitchen during my "pantry attack". Hence - everything will have to be in baby steps from now on. One drawer/shelf at the time, and not causing an entire room to look too different. Also, trying to play and cuddle extra with him to help with the stress. Of course I get a cat with anxiety. Birds of a feather flock together.

Well, it's time to go fix dinner. Potatoes and some kind of stew or something. We'll see what happens...

LSlycord

@tanteva did you get the EHD cleaned up? Good you know to not stress Marten out with too much change. Sorry that everything is blah right now. I know that feeling.

@BrightEyes I can't believe that the windshield wiper container is leaking. Ugh... Hope that it won't take long to get that part replaced.

@Betty Jo I'm so glad that you are feeling well and back in the Daily O's. We miss people when they aren't here.

@Amandajk so glad to hear about the disability benefits kicking in...that will be a relief for sure!! What were you going back to school for? I understand the 60+ quandry on school. I'm a project manager and I've been doing that as a contractor since we moved to Florida. The money is pretty good but there are no benefits. I'd really like to have some regular time off where I can just enjoy that. We will see what happens with the job that I interviewed for. And I was the one that mentioned Purple Heart...I really, really liked it. And don't worry, you will know everyone's stories soon!

@bcgal00 I saw your beautiful photos that you took in the drizzle. What a beautiful place you live. Can't wait for your trip! I sure understand why it is hard right now for Jen to find a job. She needs time to heal.

@Cherylndesigns I love what you are doing with the herbs. That sounds like so much fun!

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
@faerywings Chris, yes, you'll have to copy and put the links in the URL bar manually to get to the animal thingies. For some reason, the links didn't work when I added them to the post, even though I linked them. :rolleyes:

@LSlycord Thanks so much. ♥

I'm just in quickly today as too much on my mind to make much sense. My sister called yesterday to tell me she was in her ninth day of Covid, feeling a little better, but had been the sickest she's ever been in her life. She went on to say, her other injuries are healing okay, but rather slow. ( She was recently attacked by the son of the lady she is sharing an apartment with. He attacked his mom too, and not for the first time. Although the family wasn't pleased, my sister pressed charges and hopefully, he is going to get a year in jail and psychiatric help. This is a man in his fifties. ) She also told me, that her daughter, my niece, is having a double mastectomy on Sept 9, the earliest they could schedule. I'm concerned about the wait with the infection she has. She had breast implants a few years ago, both implants have burst, and she has infection down to the bone. My niece's husband is very sick with Covid, just had to put down two of his dogs, and is trying to take care of my niece. Phew! When it rains, it pours.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I haven't gotten the packing cubes yet, there is a problem with the delivery company...ugh. So if I don't receive by Tues, amazon says I can cancel the order. That sucks. No one local sells the cubes so I might have to do without. Fingers crossed they still come. The company just says "external factors" causing delay. But either way...I will be happy to start packing later in the week and we head out very early next Sun morning.

We enjoyed the slightly cooler weather yesterday and the dogs played at the park for a long time. Then we came home for a light dinner and then got into the hot tub. It was a nice relaxing night.

I'll get out to pull a few weeds later and then get out with the dogs before dinner tonight. Should be a quiet day.

@faerywings That's crazy how fast C was done at the dentist. I cringe at dental stuff, I'm a wimp. D ate a few hrs after his wisdom teeth extraction, not me...I got infection, I had pain and couldn't eat much for about a month. Sending C some healing good vibes and hugs.

@Betty Jo Your family has so much going on. No wonder you are stressed out. Hugs.

I'm getting another coffee and getting out into the yard, Remi is whining, wanting to go out (not bathroom stuff b/c 5 min ago she whined and just wanted to wander and sniff and be out there) but I don't blame her for wanting to enjoy the fresh air.

BFN

tanteva

@Betty Jo .... geeeee!!!!!!!! Hugs. When it rains it pours!

@LSlycord I've fixed the EHD enough for PSE to work without having to wait ages for a file to load & could unzip my new stuff. But I think I need to get a new EHD. The two I have are rather small, and I need to back up my digi supplies and photos. Right now I don't have a back up for all my digi supplies! (Maybe the old stuff on my old puter, but I'm not sure)

tanteva

LOL Gotta love my husband. Told him I had no backup for all my digisupplies atm, and that I need a new EHD. His response what "Buy one for #&%"s sake"

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Morning, Lovelies.

It IS still morning - yay.
Chris @faerywings what a rollercoaster your life has been. It's good to go back and read about our lowest times and realize how we actually came out on the other side. What a time that must have been. I guess, like that song "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger" has a lot of truth to it.

I would never have guess that Cait's dental surgery went that fast! They've apparently made LOTS of improvements because mine took forever, like yours. Man, do I ever love that nitrous gas, too! Every time I get it, I ask the dentist if I can take some home with me. LOL I always wonder if they go in and take a little puff occasionally. BWAHAHA. Good stuff!!!

Casey was running late yesterday, so I didn't even get to see her. We left for Muskogee before she got here, but I came home to a clean house. We went to TJ Maxx and I was happy to get 2 shirts - one white one - long sleeves, relaxed fit and pretty long. It will look cute with jeans or slacks. I got a really cute plaid, long sleeved "Lucky Brand" shirt, too - I'll wear it a lot. I also got Daisy a new toy. They're so much cheaper there than at a pet store. I got her a long, skinny giraffe that "rattles" and squeaks. Those toys must have a distinct smell because when I walked in the door, she immediately stuck her nose in my bag and started dragging it out. Hahaha She KNEW it was for her.

Betty Jo, I'm so sorry to read of all your family's problems. You must be beside yourself worrying about everybody. Sending you lots of hugs.

Linda @LSlycord yes, I'm having so much fun with my new dehydrator and my herbs. I'm hoping that we can get some fresh dill at the grocery and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Hugs to all and I'm going to sign off now. Have a happy weekend!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
LOL!!! Oh @faerywings how funny is that! I love that you searched and found that. And I especially love that you don't post about Scott's Lyme. That was such a hard time for you! It's always good to see where we have been...it tells us we will get to where we are going.
It was sweet looking at some of the old threads here, you were everywhere :) So many old names, Sally, Krista, Sara... good memories. One of my posts to you was saying what a good mom you were to Syd and Shaun-- some things truly don't change

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
hey there, dear Ooos! Good morning!
One of these days I need to stop doubting myself since more often than not, I am right. *nods firmly* I had written on my calendar that the FP was next week but then I couldn't find the paper that had the upcoming dates on it. I asked on my town's FB page if anyone knew when the next one was. I got responses that it was the 1st and 3rd Saturdays and the next one up was the 6th. I doubted myself and drove down -- only to find the sign in the window said it is, in fact, next week. I was mostly bummed that I couldn't get coffee ;)
Caitlyn is doing amazing, no pain at all. She is aggravated because she wants to eat solid food but needs to stay on a soft diet while the holes close. I cooked up orzo last night for her- softer than we usually like our pasta- and that seemed to fill her up a little more than pudding and soup. Scott and Sam were here for dinner and I hadn't laughed so hard, the stories they were telling... I just want them to be happy and moments like that help.

Not much happening here again. There isn't much gardening that I can do and still no sign of rain.
Wishing everyone a fantastic day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva I have been kind of in the same mood. Every darn day feels the same, I am not unhappy, def. more towards to happy side of the scale. Just sort of "unsatisfied?" Does that make sense? I have no idea if it is menopause - one drawback of having a hysterectomy is there is no way to know LOL
Wow!! WTG!! That is fantastic that you lost so much weight already. WW really works well for you. Haha, I am a carbatarain too :D
Sure, suuuuure, you can't clean b/c of Marten. Uh-huuuh...
No, just kidding, I had a cat that got UTIs because of stress, I get it. I had a dog with separation anxiety- on Prozac and that cat was on some antianxiety medication too. Maybe I got my anxiety from *them???*
Did you ever hear from work about what you are doing about hours?

@Betty Jo Thanks again for the links to the icons. I have no idea what the Unicode/HTML Dec codes were for the animals or how to get them to show up. Too bad because I saw the mice/rat and a bat!!
Oh sweetie---- I am so sorry to hear that about your family. Your sister and niece got slammed. Sending them good thoughts, this has to be such a hard time xo

@bcgal00 Darn it, that stinks that the cubes didn't get to you yet. Can you use the vacuum-plastic ziplock type bags? Wish I could remember what they were called but they were all over As Seen on TV and Bed Bath and Beyond a few years ago. Does anyone remember them? One more week!! I am bouncing in my chair over here for you all.

Three cheers for Urban!!!!! Did you order the EHD yet, Eva?

@Cherylndesigns Most of the time I forget (minimize) how awful things were back then when everyone was so sick. It can be a shock to look back and see what I wrote in the midst of it. I never would have thought that things would turn out ok--but they did and then some :)
Daisy is so smart! ITA- TJ Maxx is the best place to get dog toys, especially when they get destroyed in no time. Cracks me up when my girls do that too-- they just seem to know when something is theirs. Scott bought some toys for Whisky's first Christmas--- a tennis ball shooter and some tennis balls. She went and got the wrapped tennis balls- and only them- out from under the tree and unwrapped them when no one was looking. Dogs!
I need to get some nice-ish long-sleeved t-shirts too. I live in Gary's clothes most of the time but I really should pick up a couple of things for me.

Love and hugs!

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
@faerywings I truly get it about doubting yourself, as I do that too, and normally I was right all along. I'm so glad to hear that Caitlyn is doing so well after her surgery and hope she can eat normally very soon. I never had to have my wisdom teeth out, but my DIL did and I went through it with her and it was a very difficult experience for her. Took her weeks to recover. Chris, I'm not sure how those animal codes work either but will try and figure it out. Will let you know if I succeed. :)

@bcgal00 Oh no, you didn't get the packing cubes! That means I can't go. I'm so disappointed!!

Thanks, everyone for your caring and encouraging words. I'm doing much better today. Yesterday's family news was just a lot to take in all at once. Phew!

I received news this morning that a dear friend passed away. We hadn't been in touch for some time, although I stayed in touch with our mutual friend, and her housemate until the housemate passed last year. We are the same age, were friends in high school, and became closer after graduating and getting married. We lived just a couple of miles from each other. We carried our babies at the same time. She was a wonderful person and I've stayed in touch with some of her family members through the years. She became somewhat of a recluse in the past few years or so, due to illness, etc. I'm very thankful for the wonderful memories I have of her and our friendship.

I have to do some shopping today for a birthday card and of all things, ingredients for root beer floats. Tomorrow is my youngest son's birthday, and he has requested root beer floats rather than a cake. He takes the cake thing after me. I don't like birthday cake at all. I worked part-time in a bakery when I was in high school and had to help make, and taste, way too much cake to the point I couldn't stand it afterward. My son is taking the day off work, and I'll be spending the day with him and his family at their house. We'll laugh ourselves silly. :)

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. I was bummed most of yesterday. When I opened the blinds yesterday morning, the sky over the neighborhood was filled with hot air balloons! Of course, I grabbed my camera, ran into the backyard and took several photos. When I put the SD card into DH's computer... it wouldn't read it!!! Thought it was the card but tried a different one and the computer wouldn't read it either. Long story short.... looks like that slot is broken. I am not willing to take the computer in and do without it for a week or so while it is replaced! I was able to read/download the photos onto my old computer so I know the SD card is readable. Tried emailing them from the old computer to myself on DH's computer. But the files are so large could only send a few at a time. Just didn't have the energy or patience to do that. And I ended up taking a few more photos this morning when another hot air balloon was floating right over a neighbor's house. I will move the ExHD from DH's computer to my old one and copying the photos that way.

That started yesterday off on the wrong foot and I was feeling down most of the day. Realized mid-morning that I was feeling dizzy again... Yep... BP was down again and stayed down all day. Beginning to think that stress may be a factor. Usually stress should cause it to go up... but looking back at my chart - it seems that it was low whenever I had a stressful day. I decided to stay off the computer yesterday. In the afternoon, I slowly got things set up for the RH Tuesday lunch. Would do a little bit then rest; do a little more and rest. Just have to make the coffee and tea, put the desserts out and heat up bean dip that morning. I was relieved to see the BP is back up to normal this morning. But to err on the side of caution, I am going to take another day or two and stay off the computer.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I spent yesterday afternoon at the river with the dogs and then came home to make a batch of spaghetti sauce. Have leftovers for another night and some to put over cauli rice, sausages and mixed veggies for two other nights. The rest of the meals will be BBQ with salad and maybe a deli chicken with roasted veggies. That's the whole week of dinners figured out...yay.

I won't be doing much scrapping this week. It'll be a nice break, I love scrapping but a break now and then is good. Of course once I get back I will be anxious to scrap some of my photos.

I am going to load a few books onto my phone for the trip. Not sure how good the wifi will be.

Today I will work on a check list b/c I know we'll be scrambling by Friday to make sure everything is done. Jen and I are notorious for forgetting/losing things LOL.

D bought a little purple toy yesterday that floats in the pool that is a thermometer. it is so cute. He bought purple b/c he knows that is my fave color right now...how sweet LOL. The dogs will go crazy though when they see it b/c they will think it is one of their toys, it looks like their squeakies. Jen bought a cool hammock that floats just under the surface of the water. Hopefully the weather will still be hot when we return so she can try it out. She dyed her hair yesterday (very dark pink again) so can't go in the pool this week.

Today I will putter and get the check list done up. Maybe some household chores. I'm feeling lazy so we'll see how far I get :)

bcgal00

CHEERY O
@faerywings So glad to hear C is doing so well after the surgery. The technique must have come a long way from my younger days, that's for sure.

@Betty Jo Still hope, the cubes might come :)

@BrightEyes Yes, have a quiet day and hopefully you will be ok. That sucks about the card reader...jeez, it's always something isn't it?

Amandajk

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Hope the heat breaks soon, but in a good way, not a stormy one. And health to all struggling- to Tanteva with the out of sorts, Kay's blood pressure drops, comfort to @Betty Jo
and speedy full recovery to your daughter @faerywings! @bcgal00 : May you have a wonderful and safe trip!!!
We Picked up the littles after school Friday and headed up to N.C. We did not tell the kids where we were going or what we had planned. We booked a room at a nice hotel that had a pool. This was one of the surprises as they LOVE to swim in a pool. We were greeted with "Well, I have to tell you that the pool was shocked this afternoon so it won't be available til tomorrow morning." #mad We had to be at Tiger World by 9 am so that wouldn't work. We took the littles to the park we'd planned for later Saturday to play at the Splash Pad. We were able to drive around this magnificent park- and see all there is to do. It is amazing. For a city park, it has a lake, paddle boats, fishing, trails with bridges included, 2 miniature golf courses, a HUGE playground with two levels; younger and older, Picnic shelters and areas galore, paved pathways, a Carousel, a train ride and vintage train station, a log cabin, gem mine, Animal Habitat, Nature preserve . Barnyard, & Splash pad (as mentioned) . Whew! Once they saw all that, they were excited. We were too, as it was an immaculate park and people were friendly.
We went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner Friday night and discussed plans for Saturday. They decided to forego Tiger World in favor of swimming in the morning (Sat.) and then go to the park. We were fine with that. Hubster was more than fine with it, as he is awaiting surgery for his ankle. and Tiger World would have been treacherous with uneven paths. Saved $$$ too, LOL.
We got to the park about 11:30. As we went to purchase tickets to the attractions, it. began. to . rain! When it rains, they put a hold of 30 minutes without rain or thunder. Everything but playground closes. So, we ate our picnic lunch in a shelter. Rain stopped. We were able to do everything but golf and paddle boats- two of the things I wanted to do most. BUT, Son and DIL want to come camping as a family so maybe we can do that then! It is two hours from where we live. My favorite thing was the Carousel. It was beautiful and it was also Lila and Zeke's first time! :D Y'all would have loved to have videoed me getting on that horse of mine- yikes! It was soooooo high up. Getting off was even harder, LOL!!!!!

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I just made it in at the last minute - it's almost midnight here. I just wanted to wave hello and I'll be back tomorrow. Didn't want to totally miss today. Hope everybody has had a good Sunday. Ours has been busy all day and we had family dinner tonight.