Oscraps

Daily Ooos: June 25-26: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
The sun came out yesterday and was a beautiful weather day it was. It looks to be the same today so my SIL has a fab day for my nieces' grad party. It is going to be hot, but I don't mind getting a bit sweaty. I hope that Gary is able to hold up ok.

Caitlyn and I had a wonderful dinner last night. We met up at my friend's house for drinks first. She had Malibu something or other in a can- very yummy! I had a strawberry coconut one of them. We got our ranting out of the way first and then walked to the restaurant where we caught up on everyone and everything. We all wished that her DD was with us. She and Caitlyn were like sisters for so many years, and even though they might not talk to each other often, they love each other.

Scott is working this morning and then we are off to SIL's house when he gets home and cleaned up. Looking fwd to seeing the family. :)

xoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord any news on Shaun's results? Stay cool! My friend's DD works at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and says that it has been brutally hot. Stay cool!!

@BrightEyes your weather sounded like ours too but NJ is most definitely not a "dry heat." *grins and wipes sweat off face*
The flowers and yard are looking wonderful! I love daylilies- mine are blooming all over the yard too

@taxed4ever yay for nice weather for you too! Enjoy the time outside but make sure you wind down and enjoy your work (and wine) this evening together

@Cherylndesigns Can we get some OK sun and low humidity in NJ? I don't think NJ woulda know what to do with low humidity haha
It has to feel really strange to have the house/compound so very quiet, glad to know that you have security cameras and that Roger is around too.

@bcgal00 I added The Martian to my To Read List, TFS. Enjoy the lake with the dogs today!

Better get my day started, xoxoxo

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. For some reason, I thought it was Sunday... not Saturday. I was dreaming it was time to decorate for Christmas and I was at the store trying to buy decorations and get ready for a party... #dk Crazy Dreams!!! Glad to wake up and realize it was only a dream. We are the roller coaster of temps right now... heading up to the 90's again but taking a really big dip on Tues with 68* for a HIGH! No rain the last 2 days but looks like we will get more today. Very cloudy but already in the 70's and heading up fast. So glad I got the daylilies planted yesterday and I am not having aches and pains from doing it!!! Yea!!! Looked out to see several hot air balloons sailing over the neighborhood just like they did yesterday morning. They always bring a smile to my face and lift my spirits.

I managed to get a couple of Color Play LOs made yesterday. Had to take a break in between creating them to rest the knee. I feel like I have been a CT slacker during the Birthday Bash. Hoping that it won't be long until the I am able to spend more time on the computer without having to take breaks.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Need to get the house closed back up.

LSlycord

Good morning ladies. It is 82* and feels like 93* at 10:00 a.m. But it is only supposed to get to 89* (feels like 98*) today so we are actually having a bit of a reprieve today. Still too hot to do much. I need to get some groceries...and figure out supper. Kids work from 1 - 7:30 so supper will be late. I asked what they wanted and Shaun said, "As long as we have food, I'll be happy." That is pretty much true for my family so I guess I'm lucky there.

The rest of the day will be filled with scrapping and maybe some pool time. And maybe an Audible book while I scrap. I'm living large ladies!

Haven't heard anything from the doctor about Shaun but I sure feel better knowing that there is finally a doctor who understands we have a problem. #clap

Last edited:

LSlycord

@faerywings so happy that you and Cait had a good time with the next door neighbor. I sure miss those times. We made lots of mother-daughter friendships when Syd did soccer and I so miss those ladies and girls. Especially now that they are all heading to college.

@tanteva well with all of the cold winter that you had, I guess Mother Nature is trying to balance it out with some really hot summer weather. I love your melting kitty!

@BrightEyes I hate it when I wake up and I'm totally disoriented on what day it is! Keep Christmas in your dreams for awhile if you don't mind...I'm not ready! And did I tell you that I love your day lilies! They are some of my favorite flowers...just love them! They always look so free and easy to me. Glad the knee is better but sure hope it hurries and gets back to normal! Your weather is crazy...a high of 68*...oh my.

LSlycord

@Cherylndesigns the photos of your compound made me long for the southern midwest. What region of the country do you say that you live in?

One of my favorite places in my youth was Table Rock Lake...it still is. Those Ozark mountains just soothe my soul! The view you showed was beautiful...and I can only imagine when looking at those trees what it will look like in the fall. Promise you will take pictures and share! I know how wonderful it would be for you if Asher were in Joplin. Definitely would be a much easier trip over to see him. No more of those stupid delayed flights!

I really do plan to re-locate as soon as the kids are out of college and I have been looking at the Table Rock area. Also Kansas City. No idea really where we will be...but I do think it will be somewhere else. And I would like to get rid of some of this awful humidity...and wouldn't mind a bit of changing seasons. LOL Four years should give me plenty of time to plan. And maybe Syd can get out in three...so both of them graduating in three means I could leave even earlier.

LSlycord

@bcgal00 hope that you got a good walk in with the dogs. It is so hot right now that neither of our dogs want to spend any of their time outside. When we lived in the north and we got snow, Andie would go lay outside in it for the longest time, no matter how cold. Sometimes one of us would have to tromp through the backyard to the corner to make her come in!

@taxed4ever I love that you make the tank tops with the sayings. We put a screen door on the front here this spring. I am used to having screens to allow the cool breezes in. It has been closed for weeks now but we will open it again this fall and get cool (relatively) cross breezes!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Tomorrow is going to be even warmer than today so we'll save the drive to the lake for tomorrow. Might hop in the pool later. I was so tired last night that I had a catnap on the couch for an hour after dinner while D went in the hot tub. I wonder if I am deficient in something so have started taking a multivitamin and magnesium again. I had slacked off and wasn't taking anything since we moved. It might also be that I am finally starting to relax after everything these past 4 months and my body wants to rest more right now. Either way, I'm not working so I can slow down my routine and take a breather.

Today I'll do a bit of scrapping and sit out on the deck with my book later once the shade hits my chair. Should be a quiet day. Might drive over to the pet store later. That's about it.

@faerywings Have fun today.

@BrightEyes Don't push yourself too hard.

@LSlycord Me too today, book, pool, scrapping :)

Time for more coffee and then shower time.

LSlycord

Good morning ladies. Tomorrow is going to be even warmer than today so we'll save the drive to the lake for tomorrow. Might hop in the pool later. I was so tired last night that I had a catnap on the couch for an hour after dinner while D went in the hot tub. I wonder if I am deficient in something so have started taking a multivitamin and magnesium again. I had slacked off and wasn't taking anything since we moved. It might also be that I am finally starting to relax after everything these past 4 months and my body wants to rest more right now. Either way, I'm not working so I can slow down my routine and take a breather.

Today I'll do a bit of scrapping and sit out on the deck with my book later once the shade hits my chair. Should be a quiet day. Might drive over to the pet store later. That's about it.

@faerywings Have fun today.

@BrightEyes Don't push yourself too hard.

@LSlycord Me too today, book, pool, scrapping :)

Time for more coffee and then shower time.
We are living the life today Rae!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns the photos of your compound made me long for the southern midwest. What region of the country do you say that you live in?

One of my favorite places in my youth was Table Rock Lake...it still is. Those Ozark mountains just soothe my soul! The view you showed was beautiful...and I can only imagine when looking at those trees what it will look like in the fall. Promise you will take pictures and share! I know how wonderful it would be for you if Asher were in Joplin. Definitely would be a much easier trip over to see him. No more of those stupid delayed flights!

I really do plan to re-locate as soon as the kids are out of college and I have been looking at the Table Rock area. Also Kansas City. No idea really where we will be...but I do think it will be somewhere else. And I would like to get rid of some of this awful humidity...and wouldn't mind a bit of changing seasons. LOL Four years should give me plenty of time to plan. And maybe Syd can get out in three...so both of them graduating in three means I could leave even earlier.
Thanks so much, Linda!! It is SO beautiful here you wouldn't even believe it! I've done a lot of layouts showing our property, but I'd have to find them. I just did one for another site, using a pocket page - it turned out beautifully, if I do say so myself. We live in the northeast corner of Oklahoma - so we're pretty close to Joplin and about 4 hours from Branson! Not sure it's even that far. It IS gorgeous here in the fall! Our winters are pretty mild - this past December was beautiful and January was very nice too, we had a couple of cold spells in Feb, and a few below 32's but it's not "Michigan Winter" by a long shot! Michigan has LONG, COLD winters. We always compare it here to "Michigan Winters". Missouri is very nice, although I haven't spent much time there. We're so close to Arkansas too and there are so many sights to see around here.

This is one of my favorite fall pictures. It's on the property and I used it for my Christmas card last year and put "Merry Christmas" on the front.

IMG_8959 (5).jpg

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Good (barely) morning. Ava's coming over with "the girls" so I may not make this for an hour or so. Haha

Chris, @faerywings sounds like you, Cait and your neighbor. Glad you got out and hope the party tonight isn't too sweaty.

Yep, I'm returning now and it's 1 pm. Ava just left and she's coming back after she takes the dogs home and we're going to a garage sale.

Talk to you all later. Happy Saturday!

LSlycord

That's gorgeous @Cherylndesigns. One of our favorite times of year to head to Table Rock was when the leaves were turning colors. I have a cousin in OKC who keeps wanting me to come there.

I'm starting a Pros and Cons list of places to move to. Mainly because it gives me something to do. LOL Although, at the moment, I have plenty to do with getting Sydney ready to go.

Nothing much planned for the day. I made chicken noodle soup last night for supper. Now I need to figure out what is for tonight's supper. I think that I may go with taco salad. And maybe some homemade ice cream.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning-- what a beautiful summer day we have here- according to *me* and that is all that matters. Scott and Gary strongly disagree with my assessment but I don't care! #mad

We had a nice time at the party, so nice to see the family together. Cait was in heaven because someone brought a tiny puppy, a fluffy, curly, milk-chocolatey brown poodle and she got to hold him for a while. Some people like to hold and snuggle babies, my family is like that with animals. I also get a kick out of my family and my BIL/SILs overlap with friendships. My niece's best friends went to HS with my kids and they do county programs at the parks where Scott works at. And one of my BIL/SILs bests friends is the BIL of one of my old friends who was in my wedding party. We had lost touch over the years but I always think of her. (I know those sentences make no sense- but believe me, they are all connected LOL)

I am going to get a few things done in the house this morning and then I am going to do some major yard cleanup. Caitlyn and Tom are going to see the "Paranormal Cirque" tonight. Scott and Sam went on Friday night. It sounds very cool. Scott didn't want to say too much about it yesterday so Cait will be surprised when she experiences it today. I am dying to know more!

HAGD!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
It's so hot. I remember the summer of 2019. I had lost a lot of weight & the heat was so much easier to cope with. Gee, I hope I will keep this up & stay motivated. Next summer will be easier.

Been thinking a lot about diets. Isn't it weird that it's so hard to not gain weight when you're not on a diet?! I mean, I really love eating the food I'm eating now with WW: lots of fruit & veggies. Why can't I remember that when I'm not a member?! Stoopid!

LSlycord

Eva, are you and Urban doing this totally online? I can tell you that I always have more success when Brian and I do these things together.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. It rained yesterday afternoon (thunder and lightening, too so - so had to get off the computer). It was raining when I got up this morning - a nice gentle rain. I was able to finish the CT LO I was working on yesterday. Realized late yesterday afternoon that I was feeling dizzy whenever I changed positions - sitting to standing, etc. and it was lasting a long time - and had been experiencing that for the past week or so. Took my blood pressure and it was 102/67! That was low as it is usually 120/80. Waited a couple of hours and took it again and it was 101/62!! I also checked my Oxygen level and it was 98% each time. Decided I need to go back to monitoring it daily as I have been on BP meds for high blood pressure for over 2 years now. Got a shock this morning (before I took BP meds) - it was 102/62!!! So skipped taking the BP meds and will monitor it today to see if it goes up or stays low. Either way, I will keep track of it this week and let my primary care doctor know what is going on with it. No wonder I was dizzy for awhile when I stood up or just stood in one place for awhile. I used to have low blood pressure all the time so should have recognized the signs sooner. Haven't been monitoring it for the past couple of months... shame on me!

@faerywings So glad you had a great time at the party. You deserved the fun time to rest and relax with friends, neighbors and family! And happy that you are having weather you like for a change... no matter whether others agree or not! :p

@LSlycord think you are wise to do a pro/con of moving away from Florida even if it will be 3-4 years before you might move. Hope that Brian's interview turns into a job offer for him. Let's hope you hear from Shawn's doctor early this week and it can be fixed quickly.

@tanteva Wish I could send cooler weather you way. Good luck with WW for both of you.

@Cherylndesigns Saw the LO of your place on FB. Wow.. so beautiful! BTW, noticed a red house (?) in the background... whose is it? Looks like it is on the same road as yours. Did you find anything great at the garage sale?? I bet it is quiet around there with only you 2 and Ava right now. I remember seeing that beautiful fall photo before. Yes, fall is a beautiful time of year there!

@taxed4ever Hope you didn't work too hard this weekend. Sounds like you have a full slate of chores to get done. So glad you got the screen installed... it will help breezes flow through the house. I have them on the front door, family room door and my bedroom door... and they really help air the house out.

@bcgal00 Hey, cat naps are good for you!!! I know as I have been taking them lately. Glad you have a shady spot on the porch where you can sit and read. Nothing like a good book to get lost in!

Need to go close the house up as the rain is getting heavier. CYL

tanteva

Eva, are you and Urban doing this totally online? I can tell you that I always have more success when Brian and I do these things together.
Urban & I do this together, but he's starting tomorrow. I guess the idea of midsummer without alcohol was too hard to handle. LOL We don't go to meetings, just doing it online.

tanteva

@BrightEyes wow that's scary with the BP! Eat some licorice & wash it down with some booze LOL Good that you skipped the meds today, but I hope you contact a doctor about this.

LSlycord

@BrightEyes no wonder you were feeling dizzy with a BP drop like that. Definitely need to talk to the doctor! And what a rainstorm you must have had. I get it about the constant monitoring...it just seems to be one more thing to do...but this shows that it is necessary! I've been taking meds for high BP since I was 30...thought about that this morning. That's been a long time!

Hope you feel better today since you didn't take the meds this morning.

LSlycord

As promised...the Smallwoods canvas prints on the wall. Decided on the dining room. We have 10 foot ceilings on the first floor so it made sense for them to be down here. I was going to put them in the entry way but Shaun suggested the dining room where I had a huge Thomas Kinkaid painting. He was right...you see these from everywhere on the first floor. I'm very happy with them.

According to my tracking, the Mixtiles should be here tonight. I did a couple of layouts so we will see how that turns out.

Attachments

• IMG_6337[1].JPG
    IMG_6337[1].JPG
    198.8 KB · Views: 7

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes wow that's scary with the BP! Eat some licorice & wash it down with some booze LOL Good that you skipped the meds today, but I hope you contact a doctor about this.
Thanks for the suggestion but can't stand licorice and don't drink booze!

@BrightEyes no wonder you were feeling dizzy with a BP drop like that. Definitely need to talk to the doctor! And what a rainstorm you must have had. I get it about the constant monitoring...it just seems to be one more thing to do...but this shows that it is necessary! I've been taking meds for high BP since I was 30...thought about that this morning. That's been a long time!

Hope you feel better today since you didn't take the meds this morning.
Yes, I will be monitoring the BP today - and for several more weeks. Should have been keeping it up but let it slide by. When my dad was on BP meds, we had to monitor his and didn't give him meds if his BP was under 110 as it would cause too much of a drop. I will be taking it one day at a time about taking the meds and results of BP checks. Need to give the doctor about a week's worth of info so she can see what is happening.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Jen and I are taking the dogs to a lake this morning. I'll bring a camera to take pics along the trail as we walk around the lake and find a good spot for the dogs to get in the water. Later when we get home we are going to hop in the pool for a bit, its going to get hot today so that's going to be a fun way to cool off. I think dinner will be simple, I decided on smokies and potato salad for D with green salad for me. I got keto hotdog buns for me. I don't where the day goes but yesterday I never got around to making the spaghetti sauce so maybe during the week. Food/cooking has definitely been on the backburner lately.

@faerywings Glad you had fun yesterday. Enjoy the outdoor time today and yes, the performance sounds awesome, C is going to love it.

@BrightEyes Sending healthy vibes to you. Hope your pressure comes up. Take it easy.

@LSlycord The canvases are so lovely!

I've got stuff to do before we head out so I'm getting more coffee and getting on with the day.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Morning, all. It rained yesterday afternoon (thunder and lightening, too so - so had to get off the computer). It was raining when I got up this morning - a nice gentle rain. I was able to finish the CT LO I was working on yesterday. Realized late yesterday afternoon that I was feeling dizzy whenever I changed positions - sitting to standing, etc. and it was lasting a long time - and had been experiencing that for the past week or so. Took my blood pressure and it was 102/67! That was low as it is usually 120/80. Waited a couple of hours and took it again and it was 101/62!! I also checked my Oxygen level and it was 98% each time. Decided I need to go back to monitoring it daily as I have been on BP meds for high blood pressure for over 2 years now. Got a shock this morning (before I took BP meds) - it was 102/62!!! So skipped taking the BP meds and will monitor it today to see if it goes up or stays low. Either way, I will keep track of it this week and let my primary care doctor know what is going on with it. No wonder I was dizzy for awhile when I stood up or just stood in one place for awhile. I used to have low blood pressure all the time so should have recognized the signs sooner. Haven't been monitoring it for the past couple of months... shame on me!

@faerywings So glad you had a great time at the party. You deserved the fun time to rest and relax with friends, neighbors and family! And happy that you are having weather you like for a change... no matter whether others agree or not! :p

@LSlycord think you are wise to do a pro/con of moving away from Florida even if it will be 3-4 years before you might move. Hope that Brian's interview turns into a job offer for him. Let's hope you hear from Shawn's doctor early this week and it can be fixed quickly.

@tanteva Wish I could send cooler weather you way. Good luck with WW for both of you.

@Cherylndesigns Saw the LO of your place on FB. Wow.. so beautiful! BTW, noticed a red house (?) in the background... whose is it? Looks like it is on the same road as yours. Did you find anything great at the garage sale?? I bet it is quiet around there with only you 2 and Ava right now. I remember seeing that beautiful fall photo before. Yes, fall is a beautiful time of year there!

@taxed4ever Hope you didn't work too hard this weekend. Sounds like you have a full slate of chores to get done. So glad you got the screen installed... it will help breezes flow through the house. I have them on the front door, family room door and my bedroom door... and they really help air the house out.

@bcgal00 Hey, cat naps are good for you!!! I know as I have been taking them lately. Glad you have a shady spot on the porch where you can sit and read. Nothing like a good book to get lost in!

Need to go close the house up as the rain is getting heavier. CYL
Kay, you're lucky you can take your own blood pressure. Chuck has a BP cuff and machine. That's totally why you've been dizzy. Take it easy and I don't know what to suggest to get it back up.

Thanks for the compliments on my LO! That house came with the property. The lady who owned the property, previously, lived there for many years. Tom (Roger's handyman) lives there now. We actually lived there for several months while our home was being finished. It's a really cute little vintage 50's house and I enjoyed living there. It only had one bathroom though - I can't live with one bathroom, except when we're in a hotel. LOL But it's a cute little house - very vintage - especially the cute (albeit one) bathroom. It's a typical little bungalow Another smaller home came with the property - it's an Air BNB and Ava runs that. There's also an RV hooked up down by the pond and it's rented during lake season. Everything's rented around here during the summer.

The little house is one big room plus a bathroom. Ava and I did a remake on the inside and it's very cute now. It was so dark and dank. . Here's some before and after pics - we had so much fun doing this!

We had a blast at the garage sale. I got the deal of a lifetime - a huge picture of a Paris rain, street scene for 25 cents! I said to Ava, "Are my eyes deceiving me?" She said, "Nope, it's 25 cents". LOL It's hanging on my wall in the bathroom already. Chuck said they should have just given it to me for a quarter. It even has a certificate from the artist on the back.

IMG_9273.jpgIMG_9272.jpgIMG_9289.JPGIMG_9293.JPG

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
That's gorgeous @Cherylndesigns. One of our favorite times of year to head to Table Rock was when the leaves were turning colors. I have a cousin in OKC who keeps wanting me to come there.

I'm starting a Pros and Cons list of places to move to. Mainly because it gives me something to do. LOL Although, at the moment, I have plenty to do with getting Sydney ready to go.

Nothing much planned for the day. I made chicken noodle soup last night for supper. Now I need to figure out what is for tonight's supper. I think that I may go with taco salad. And maybe some homemade ice cream.
Linda, I can tell from some of your posts that you're not that happy in Florida. Honestly, it's not for everybody. It's SO hot and humid most of the year. I always joked that we had 2 weeks of "winter" and the rest of the year, it was hot and hotter.

I LOVE your big canvases!!! I love putting pictures and my digital art on canvases. I rarely frame anything anymore. What size are yours? They look like they're about 18x36. They look fantastic coming down the stairwell.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
@faerywings It's your birthday, right? Today. So....

singing you the happy birthday song...

giphy.gif

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Happy birthday, dear Chris - our favorite faery - close your ears O'fairy - it's not even spelled the same say. Hahaha

Hope you have a wonderful day!!!