Oscraps

Scheduling Your Day

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
I am having a difficult time getting everything done lately. I've dropped a few balls because I picked up a few important ones. How do you keep yourself within your integrity of commitments to yourself and others?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Oh, that's a good question, Susie. I know some of you have busy lives with families, etc. I don't know how some of you do it all. I'm lucky (I guess) that I can do pretty much what I want to do. My life is pretty boring now that it's just me, especially at night.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
To-Do lists. If it's not on my to-do list, it doesn't get done.
Not sure if that is helpful and its something I still struggle with, but that's all I got :giggle4:

AK_Tracy

I have a calendar on my fridge and phone. I make sure if I write on one I go add it to the other. Every Monday I make sure the weeks/month look the same and I didn't miss anything. For the house, I have certain days for the activities that need to be done. My kids are teens but they have been doing their own laundry since about 8 yo. They each have a day of the week to do laundry. So no one is tripping over each other. Dishes get missed the most. But I try to run them after lunch so its ready too go after dinner again. My calendars keep me on track when I have to leave the house. Plus the one on the fridge anyone can see (everyones schedule is on it) and they know when not to add things. My calendar runs august to august so its more school friendly.

AK_Tracy

PS I also have days that I dont leave my house. Everyone around me knows Monday is my day and dont ask. I am not leaving the house. I dont get dressed in real clothes, I dont put on make up. I dont do my hair. Dont ask. They're lucky I still shower. :floorlaugh: Having that one day where I refuse to leave home helps a ton. I know I can catch up on what was missed and putter. Its usually the day I clean house but I can do it at my speed knowing nothing else will happen that day.

pachimac

CHEERY O
Oh, that's a good question, Susie. I know some of you have busy lives with families, etc. I don't know how some of you do it all. I'm lucky (I guess) that I can do pretty much what I want to do. My life is pretty boring now that it's just me, especially at night.
I'd go for a little boring a few days a week! LOL!

pachimac

CHEERY O
Not sure if that is helpful and its something I still struggle with, but that's all I got :giggle4:

I could use a to do list. I am constantly saying "What was I supposed to do today???"

pachimac

CHEERY O
I have a calendar on my fridge and phone. I make sure if I write on one I go add it to the other. Every Monday I make sure the weeks/month look the same and I didn't miss anything. For the house, I have certain days for the activities that need to be done. My kids are teens but they have been doing their own laundry since about 8 yo. They each have a day of the week to do laundry. So no one is tripping over each other. Dishes get missed the most. But I try to run them after lunch so its ready too go after dinner again. My calendars keep me on track when I have to leave the house. Plus the one on the fridge anyone can see (everyones schedule is on it) and they know when not to add things. My calendar runs august to august so its more school friendly.
We keep talking about a family group calendar. I want it physical and both Mike and Meli just want it on their phones. They are the tech geeks. I need it physically - I only use my phone for surfing the internet and games. LOL

pachimac

CHEERY O
PS I also have days that I dont leave my house. Everyone around me knows Monday is my day and dont ask. I am not leaving the house. I dont get dressed in real clothes, I dont put on make up. I dont do my hair. Dont ask. They're lucky I still shower. :floorlaugh: Having that one day where I refuse to leave home helps a ton. I know I can catch up on what was missed and putter. Its usually the day I clean house but I can do it at my speed knowing nothing else will happen that day.
I do spend a lot of days at home in the past, but with the gym, sharing the car with Melissa, and errands, I find I am up and dressed every day now.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Chris, you just made me chuckle. When the kids were home, I had a great big calendar on the INSIDE of one of my upper cupboard doors. I made everybody put their activities, whatever, on there and my rule was "if it's not on my calendar, it won't get done". LOL

AK_Tracy

I do spend a lot of days at home in the past, but with the gym, sharing the car with Melissa, and errands, I find I am up and dressed every day now.
There's your in!! LOL Get a FlyLady calendar. Tape it to the fridge. HUGE squares to put everything. Your car, your rules. If your schedule isn't on the calendar then you dont get the car. dance4 (Yes, I am the mean mom) They can keep their calendar on their phones. I do to as sometimes I am out and about and need to schedule something. But I also have paper on my fridge to see when I get my coffee. Everyone glances at it and knows what to expect that day.My phone calendar has a family share that goes to my kids phones and its yellow so I know if its just me or involves them. Blue is all me. Purple is hubs and I together but I dont share with him as he hates the calendar feature. He looks at paper calendar. I basically have two calendars but I make sure they match up. Saves so much stress and confusion.

BoatLady

Sounds organized but a day you don't get dressed or do make-up or your hair...never did that. I never know if someone will stop by. I know most people would love that.
To stay organized I make notes, notes and more notes. In retirement I still try to keep a schedule but it doesn't usually work.
You are awesome Tracy!

AK_Tracy

Sounds organized but a day you don't get dressed or do make-up or your hair...never did that. I never know if someone will stop by. I know most people would love that.
To stay organized I make notes, notes and more notes. In retirement I still try to keep a schedule but it doesn't usually work.
You are awesome Tracy!
HEHE it helps that NO ONE just stops by my house. Helps living 20 miles from my friends too. So if I dont have to leave, its like Crazy Lady lives here. I dont do anything but shower and dress. Retirement does take an extra day or two (year or three) to adjust to and get the hang of. Hubs retired and threw our whole schedule out of wack but thankfully the calendar and kids schedules kept us mostly on track.

bitzee

@AK_Tracy your Monday stay at home day sounds heavenly. I don't get those days anymore since my mom moved in and I really, really miss them. But, when I did, I did my best work in my jammies. And don't dare ring the doorbell, because you won't recognize me.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
We keep talking about a family group calendar. I want it physical and both Mike and Meli just want it on their phones. They are the tech geeks. I need it physically - I only use my phone for surfing the internet and games. LOL
We tried a group calendar app- Time Tree. Only Scott and I would use it. Then he moved out and I would get notifications that had no relevance to me anymore. I still have the app on my phone but I turned off notifications. I use Google Calendar on my computer and phone. I also have a chalkboard on one fridge with the week's schedule on it. On the main fridge, I have monthly calendars for days that I am working or need the car since we only have one car.

Recap:
--To-Do list/planner
--Week Schedule posted
--Monthly calendars posted

Do you think anyone looks at it?

Nope!