Oscraps

Key-West-p17-web.jpg
JeanneMN

Key-West-p17-web.jpg

Journaling reads: The Conservatory even has a chrysalis hatchery. Peeking into the nursery window there are Blue Morphos at various points in the pupa (chrysalis) stage. It takes about 14 days for the butterflies to emerge and then they need do the quick Houdini escape in about 1 to 2 minutes, a few minutes to unfurl (well, they’ve been wearing a corset for 2 weeks) and about 2 hours for their wings to dry. With a life span of about 115 days the butterfly has to get some flying, eating and mating done. Those blue wings aren’t because their wings have blue pigment, but rather by up to a million tiny overlapping scales that are arranged in a diamond pattern of several thin layers which reflect lights again and again to create intense color. The sequined jackets of the butterfly kingdom. The outer part of the wing has a distinctive eye pattern and brown in color to camouflage itself in the forest and those eyes scare predators. Go figure, the males get the sequined blue jackets to strut their stuff while the females are brown with smaller areas of blue. I’d want that blue jacket, but if brown is part of your wardrobe and you like patterns the female has the jacket you want.
  • Love
Reactions: *sylvia*
Another WOW layout!!!!!! I love text mystical space background paper. The glitter frames. :love: Like ya said, need glitter in our lives. Such cool photos. The butterfly and little girl stare off is adorable. Love the layout.The title quote is amazing for this layout. Love it.

Enjoyed reading your journaling. I love the OOB and the different framing of your great photos. The glitter heart as an accent is simply perfect. Thank you for taking part in this challenge.

Stunning page! I love all of the photos and your grand-DDs expression is *priceless* I love your journaling as well-- The sequined jackets of the butterfly kingdom. is a beautiful turn of phrase ♥

No idea who the little girl was, I asked her 'people' permission. It was a classic WOW face. I can't believe all the new things I've learned since coming here to play and frosting on the cake *my fave part* the O-peeps!! :hug4: :yourock::yourock::yourock:

Stunning page! I love all of the photos and your grand-DDs expression is *priceless* I love your journaling as well-- The sequined jackets of the butterfly kingdom. is a beautiful turn of phrase ♥
I thought I was done with the butterflies until you made this lovely comment, I have one more pic of the sequined jacket butterfly, and let me tell you, he looks spectacular compared to the people at the Met Gala.

I thought I was done with the butterflies until you made this lovely comment, I have one more pic of the sequined jacket butterfly, and let me tell you, he looks spectacular compared to the people at the Met Gala.
That is so funny about the Met Gala LOL! Let me know when you post another LO, i don't want to miss it :D

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
JeanneMN
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename