Oscraps

You have 5 minutes ...

tjscraps

Someone texts/calls and says they're almost at your home, unexpected.

How do you spend that 5 minutes???

Me - I'm throwing dishes in the dishwasher and probably swishing the toilet on the main floor so it's fresh. If there's time I'll put away coats and shoes at the door so that they don't trip on their way in.

You?

LSlycord

This reminded me of when I was in high school. Dad loved to put the house on the market and not sell it. It was kind of a spring ritual.

Our house was small and it was hard to keep everything picked up. Mom and Dad were out...I don't remember where...must have been work or school because otherwise we kids would have been with them. No cell phones back in those days so the realtor called our house and said that he had some people who wanted to see the house in about 30 minutes. My brother who was probably about 12 kept his room a mess. I ran in there and picked up all clothes that were in sight...I didn't care if they were dirty or clean and ran to put them in the washer and dryer just so they would be out of sight. Hadn't thought of that experience for years. You made me laugh!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Like Chris, I would be running around, picking up dog toys, bones, pillows & blankets (Remi is obsessed with pulling everything off the couch every chance she gets to make her own pile on the floor).

tjscraps

I'd lock the door, turn off the lights and pretend we're not home LOL

Ummmmmm, I’m not home. You should have let me know sooner and I’m grabbing my keys and scooting.

text back that I am out!!

This!!!! lol

I'm another person out the door right after texting back that I am not home.

run-away-scream.gif

Y'all are funny lol

tjscraps

I would put the coffee on and say 'welcome'... if they are vaccinated.
I'm coming over sometime - when the border is open lol

I would have to clean up the piles of dog toys scattered everywhere ;)
Like Chris, I would be running around, picking up dog toys, bones, pillows & blankets (Remi is obsessed with pulling everything off the couch every chance she gets to make her own pile on the floor).

No need to clean up the dog toys for me, I'll just drag them back out to play with your pups lol

This reminded me of when I was in high school. Dad loved to put the house on the market and not sell it. It was kind of a spring ritual.

Our house was small and it was hard to keep everything picked up. Mom and Dad were out...I don't remember where...must have been work or school because otherwise we kids would have been with them. No cell phones back in those days so the realtor called our house and said that he had some people who wanted to see the house in about 30 minutes. My brother who was probably about 12 kept his room a mess. I ran in there and picked up all clothes that were in sight...I didn't care if they were dirty or clean and ran to put them in the washer and dryer just so they would be out of sight. Hadn't thought of that experience for years. You made me laugh!
That's so funny ... that he put it on the market to NOT sell it. We went through the real estate roller coaster in 2021, thankfully selling the house this time (last time we tried in 2017). I found it so stressful keeping the house in tip-top shape!

tjscraps

That is awesome! I am sure you have seen the meme warning people that the dogs are family?
One of many examples:
View attachment 363777
Sums it up.
I think my dogs would be thrilled to have you come and play :D
Love that! Our dayhome for the little has a black Lab that I just love, and he loves me too - he whines in the living room when he sees my car, until they let him down for his daily rub down from me when I pick Kenzie up lol We don't have a dog right now (my mom stole her) but maybe one day again we will get one

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Love that! Our dayhome for the little has a black Lab that I just love, and he loves me too - he whines in the living room when he sees my car, until they let him down for his daily rub down from me when I pick Kenzie up lol We don't have a dog right now (my mom stole her) but maybe one day again we will get one
I miss my black lab, she died last February at 16 yo. Mellow and sweet and affectionate. Not hyper like my other two. The only time that she barked was at the dog park. My kooky pittie barks at everything- and I mean*everything* but loves to play at the dog park. Ray didn't even look twice at other dogs on my street but take her to the park and she would work herself up at the other dogs.
That is so sweet that the dayhome family lets you pet and love on their dog.