Oscraps

2021-08 *WINNER ANNOUNCED** Vicki Stegall Designs (Momma O) August Challenge

Kythe

CHEERY O
THE WINNER OF THIS MONTH'S MOMMA O'S CHALLENGE IS...
gillie343. CONGRATULATIONS!!

1626458070301.jpeg
Vicki Stegall Designs Challenge (Momma O)

August 2021

Welcome to the August ‘Momma O’ challenge. I have often marveled at the variety of page designs and styles that are in the Oscrap gallery. The creativity of our members is inspiring. Personally, I enjoy creating all types of pages from ultra-feminine with big floral clusters to a minimal but well composed page. What style I choose depends on the message or feeling I what to impart although sometimes a page is created just to practice a new technique I want to add to my skill set. I also find that choosing the right materials is an integral part of the composition and have a profound effect on the finished page.

Your Challenge;

Create a page that conveys a particular mood/theme.
In the forum, you must describe the mood/theme of the page and how the product(s) used helped convey that feeling.
You may use any style you wish.

My example
Mood: romantic/feminine/nostalgic

Using the painting of the woman looking wistfully out her window, I wished to convey a romantic mood. Is she waiting for someone or is she simply enjoying the natural beauty she finds outside her window? To create the feminine page, I added floral clusters, lace and blended papers in soft pinks and greens.

I chose this particular kit because of the glorious painted flowers that echo the painting, and papers that promote blending. I am a sucker for a floral and tartan mix. It is perfect for creating a soft feminine mood and with a little bit of nostalgia.

Here is the page I created using Blossom.
Link.

Rules
- Make a layout that promotes a mood or theme
-IMPORTANT---In the forum, explain in 2-3 sentences the mood and how the product helped convey the message.

- Use 75% Vicki Stegall Designs Products.
- Please credit all products in your layout especially what Vicki Stegall Products were used.
- Post your page in the Vicki Stegall Designs Gallery and link your page in this thread for your chance to win a $5.00 Gift Certificate to Vicki's store by midnight August 31 2021 PST - HOW TO LINK LAYOUT TO CHALLENGE THREAD.https://oscraps.com/community/media/august-momma-o-challenge-jpg.353450/full

Last edited by a moderator:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
What a fun challenge. Thanks for hosting, Kythe.

Mood: Love, Enduring, Forever

I chose Forever This bundle as it had lots of grungy paints and papers. I wanted to create a mood of love enduring in the heart no matter what time brings. The soft gray paint images denote the challenges that occur with passing of time while the word arts say that Love lives on.

Kythe

CHEERY O
Yes I would feel the same way. The cone flower/ echinacea is a gorgeous colour.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Thanks for the challenge, Kythe. I was feeling nostalgic and used a black and white photo of an antique camera. I also used Vicky's "Forever This" black and white palette, which went along with the vintage feel.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
THE WINNER OF THIS MONTH'S MOMMA O'S CHALLENGE IS...
gillie343. CONGRATULATIONS!! CHECK YOUR PM BOX!