Oscraps

** Winner Announced! *** Vicki Robinson Designs August 2021 Challenge - through August 20

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen
vrd-black.png

--- Edit: August 21 2021 ---

Please join me in congratulating Melanie — @LazyDaisy — this month's winner of the $5 coupon to my shop! Melanie, check your messages/conversations for your coupon!

Thanks to everyone who participated — what a creative set of pages you all made! I hope you will all join me next month, too!

Melanie's page:

This month's challenge runs through August 20th. The prompt is "One of a Kind" and it immediately brought to mind my Mother. I won't share with you the journaling on my page (it's on her hair) because of it's personal nature. But, I will say that looking back on our, shall we say "tumultuous" relationship — and our many, many differences of opinion, I can see that Mom was definitely a unique personality. Fortunately, we made peace before she passed in 2015 at the age of 80, but one of the things she [inadvertently] helped me understand is that "different" is not bad. It's just ... different. And that's ok.

YOUR page can be about anything at all that is unique, different, quirky or important to you.

In addition this month's prompt, I used some bits from It's About Time, which is 50% off this month and the Friendship Garden collection, which is specially priced through August 9. While you can use any of my products (see the rules below) for the challenge, you'll get an extra entry into the coupon drawing for each of these two products that you use.

Challenge Rules​

Eligible participants will be entered into a drawing for a $5.00 coupon to my shop.

The winner will be notified by a private message (conversation) here the Oscraps forum — the week after the challenge ends. Entries may be featured on the Oscraps blog, my website, in my newsletter or other social media.

To be eligible for the drawing:
  • Create a page using this month’s challenge prompt, which will earn you one entry into the coupon drawing.
  • Feel free to interpret the prompt in any manner that suits you.
  • All products used on your page must be by Vicki Robinson Designs. However, you will earn one extra entry into the coupon drawing for each of the two products mentioned above, if you use them on your page. In other words, it's possible to get three entries into the drawing: (1) for using the prompt, (1) for using It's About Time and (1) for using the Friendship Garden collection.
  • Upload your page to the Vicki Robinson Designs Gallery and then come back here to link us up to your layout. Written instructions for posting in the gallery and then linking back in this thread can be found here. We also have a video tutorial if you prefer.
Here's my page — that's my Mom's high school graduation picture turned into a digital stamp. I can't wait to see what you come up with for this challenge!

Last edited:

LDArtist

What a GREAT idea for a Challenge!
Here's mine: two friends from our local Ren Faire

BTW the one in the beard is actually the "queen" in disguise.
She had to go around in disguise to avoid creating crowds! - COVID

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen
What a GREAT idea for a Challenge!
Here's mine: two friends from our local Ren Faire

BTW the one in the beard is actually the "queen" in disguise.
She had to go around in disguise to avoid creating crowds! - COVID
Such a fun photo! Definitely unique!

Anthea61

Here is mine. I must say that as soon as I saw what the challenge prompt I was immediately inspired to make it about my dear little sister who was born when I was 14 years old. To explain - I guess you could say that from the age of 9 when my mother re-married we became a real life Brady Bunch. I had an older brother (aged 10 at the time) and overnight, as it seemed to me at the time, we had moved and I had a step-father and an older sister and brother. Needless to say it was a very difficult adjustment to make for us kids. There was quite a lot of fighting between the boys, and lots of division because my brother and I had one surname and my older sister and brother had another if that makes any sense. However, happily, this was all solved when my mother had a baby because she was a mix of both, and we all fell instantly in love with this sweet little girl.

So the photo is of my dear sweet little sister taken by me when she was about 8 years old, using the natural light from the window. The original is of course quite degraded colour wise so I made it black and white. Thanks Vicki for another inspiring challenge and sorry for the long post.

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen
Here is mine. I must say that as soon as I saw what the challenge prompt I was immediately inspired to make it about my dear little sister who was born when I was 14 years old. To explain - I guess you could say that from the age of 9 when my mother re-married we became a real life Brady Bunch. I had an older brother (aged 10 at the time) and overnight, as it seemed to me at the time, we had moved and I had a step-father and an older sister and brother. Needless to say it was a very difficult adjustment to make for us kids. There was quite a lot of fighting between the boys, and lots of division because my brother and I had one surname and my older sister and brother had another if that makes any sense. However, happily, this was all solved when my mother had a baby because she was a mix of both, and we all fell instantly in love with this sweet little girl.

So the photo is of my dear sweet little sister taken by me when she was about 8 years old, using the natural light from the window. The original is of course quite degraded colour wise so I made it black and white. Thanks Vicki for another inspiring challenge and sorry for the long post.

Oh wow! Thank you so much for sharing your story. It means a lot to me that you did! Blended families are difficult and I can’t imagine what that was like for you! It takes lots of work before everts settles in and it sounds like you all eventually did just that. I love your page!

Anthea61

Oh wow! Thank you so much for sharing your story. It means a lot to me that you did! Blended families are difficult and I can’t imagine what that was like for you! It takes lots of work before everts settles in and it sounds like you all eventually did just that. I love your page!
Thanks so much Vicki! Yes that was the miracle, that with my sister's birth, basically everything settled down. I'm glad you liked my page as I did struggle more than usual with this one.

mvmbapple

Hi ! This is my first challenge here in Oscraps. I just started with my digital scrapbooking and so I'm excited to see everyone's post here. My post challenge is about my son who has a mild autism. He faced many challenges in school due to his autism but managed to finish his 10th grade in a normal school. I'm so very happy for his winning in spite of his difficulty. He is truly one of a kind. A time for triumph ! vicki.jpg