Oscraps

WINNER ANNOUNCED - Lynne Anzlec's Designer Challenge: Color Change: Through August 31st

TrishD

TrishD
HELLO SCRAPPERS,

The winner of a $5 coupon has been awarded to NIGHT SHADOW, congratulations on your colourful layout. Check your Oscraps PM in the next few days for the code to claim your prize. On behalf of Lynne I would like to say your beautiful layouts and amazing color changes have been extremely inspiring and creative and I hope you have enjoyed joining this challenge.

SORRY for the correction of the winner of the coupon. MADI is a CHERRY O girl and can't accept the coupon. Thank you all again for your understanding

Hi Scrappers, welcome to the August Designer Challenge. The challenge for this month is to change the color of an element or item of your choice. There are many ways to change the color of a part of an element or item or even part of a photo. I’d like to make this challenge fairly simple by using a character from Lynne’s package called “Some Kind of Wonderful” https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Some-Kind-of-Wonderful.html but you are welcome to use any element from any Kit from Lynne’s Collections. I will demonstrate the simple method I use often in my layouts to blend with backgrounds etc.

1. Open the element or character you would like to use for this challenge
2. Add a blank layer and change the Blend Mode to COLOR.
3. Use a soft brush to brush over the original color.
4. Use the Eraser if you paint over the edges.
5. Use your own judgment to reduce the opacity of the layer for a more subtle tone

I have used db7050 from the color picker to brush over the original color of the Stole. You only need to change one color for this challenge, but you can repeat steps 2-5 to change another color from the same image. Use a new blank layer for any new color to be changed but don’t forget to change the Blend as well to “Color”. I have changed the flowers and the hat band as well as the Stole.

In this one I have changed some color in the clothing of the children

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first.
2. In your challenge forum, click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
3. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
4. Your linked layout is now in your challenge post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button

RULES
- Please use 80% Lynne Anzelc products that are currently in the store.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Lynne Anzelc's Gallery by midnight PST August 31, 2021 and linked back to this thread for your chance to win a $5.00 Gift Voucher.

Last edited:

terryspear

Color Change--A Day at the Lake. This was fun! I hadn't used the color blend mode like that before!
Clouds, sun, sky and sail, girl's dress, boy's shirt and trousers, fish, and lake changed colors to make them match better and the fish to stand out, and the sky to show the sun is setting.

nightshadow

Elaina/aka Nightshadow
I recolored part of the bird's breast feathers and the gradient foliage in the background. Terrific challenge, thank you.

TrishD

TrishD
Color Change--A Day at the Lake. This was fun! I hadn't used the color blend mode like that before!
Clouds, sun, sky and sail, girl's dress, boy's shirt and trousers, fish, and lake changed colors to make them match better and the fish to stand out, and the sky to show the sun is setting.
You nailed this one, well done

TrishD

TrishD

Pia/Pippin

Here is my page using Chantilly Lane Bundle. I changed the colours of the ladies dresses and the little girls apron. I also made a blue sky instead of the beige background.

Village-life.jpg

chai

I love technique challenges! This one is so helpful! I recolored both ladies dresses in this layout.