**WINNER ANNOUNCED** DAY 7 JUNE 17 - FANCY TITLE | CHALLENGE

*gina*

CHEERY O
2022-header-wb.jpeg

And the winners are:
Winner 1 ($15): easyeye4you
Winner 2 ($10): KimPay
Winner 3 ($5): mary-lynne

Hi and welcome to Day 7 of our 16th Birthday Celebrations.
My name is Gina and I will be hosting this challenge.

For this challenge, I want you to create a layout with no photos and create a fancy title for it
that has the word BIRTHDAY somewhere in it.

Make sure this word stands out from all the other words you use!

To add another twist, you must use at least 3 papers!

Think of making this layout like a birthday card, you can use any paper size you want.

Please tell me what 3 papers you used when you post your linked layout in this thread.

Here is my page created with the Spring Daze Collection by Lynn Grieveson
happybirthday.jpg

I decided to use a lot of mixed media like the balloon, the heart and the flower accent.
I also added a flower.

For my fancy title I used the fonts Pea Virginia and PartybyTom
(you will find a lot of fancy fonts here: https://www.dafont.com/ )

I also used 4 Papers. My background paper is the pink one (paper 03),
then I added the white paper (paper 04) and brushed parts of two papers (paper 05 and paper 07) in.

TIP: For my title I wrote BIRTHDAY in black. Often it is difficult to select all of a curved font, but there is a little trick to get it all in one step.

Make sure that only the background paper and the main paper is visible - all other layers must be invisible.

Write the word BIRTHDAY and then go to Select -> Color Range and use these settings (see my preview).
screenshot-colorrange.png

Click with the pipette in a part of your title - all is selected now.
Set the title to invisible and hit the delete key on your keyboard.

Optional: You can add the layer style Bevel & Emboss to your main paper to get more depth.
screenshot-layerstyle.png

PRIZES:
- Winner 1 - $10 KITTY DESIGNS + $5 LYNN GRIEVESON DESIGNS
- Winner 2 - $10 VERONICA SPRIGGS
- Winner 3 - $5 KAREN SCHULZ DESIGNS
*All challenge and game prize coupons will be distributed within 10 days of the event closing at the end of the month.

RULES:
- Create a photo-less layout with a fancy title. Your title MUST contain the word BIRTHDAY so it stands out and you need to use at least 3 papers. Please let me know in this thread the 3 papers you used. If you use a font - please add this, too.
- Please use 100% Oscraps products. (Please note this is different from our regular monthly challenges.)
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Create a post in the 2022 BIRTHDAY TRACKING THREAD to keep track of your completed layouts games participation.
(We select our Grand Prize winners from this thread, so create a post now and remember to keep updating it throughout the month! :))
- Your page must be posted in the Special O-vents Gallery Special O-vents Gallery 16th Birthday Party Celebration - 2022 by PST 11.59 pm 30 June 2022 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to do this.)

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited:

Veronika

hi Gina, thank you for the Challenge und tutorial!
I have a question, can we use the papers just for the word "birthday"?
So I mean - 1 background paper and the other papers clipped onto the letters? is that possible - or not?

*gina*

CHEERY O
hi Gina, thank you for the Challenge und tutorial!
I have a question, can we use the papers just for the word "birthday"?
So I mean - 1 background paper and the other papers clipped onto the letters? is that possible - or not?
Hi Veronika - as long as it's clear you used papers it's ok - please don't forget to tell me which papers you used

LDArtist

Veronika

thanks Gina I hope it works......hope the papers are recognizable. If not, I'll redo it........
my Papers:
lgrieveson-sharp-eyed-7
lgrieveson-sharp-eyed-5
lgrieveson-sharp-eyed-8
lgrieveson-sharp-eyed-6
lgrieveson-sharp-eyed-11
lgrieveson-sharp-eyed-12

I made the letters individually with the front and back myself and filled the front with the paper, the back with paint...
Font: Impact

Last edited:

Pia/Pippin

seahorsefan

View media item 365309 Using papers 2,6, and 10 of A Scrap Of Yellow Lynn Anzelc
Fixed the title, I was so focused on only using 3 papers I missed the instructions on the title sorry!

Attachments

• osbd.jpg
    osbd.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

LDArtist

These are wonderful! What a great party!

I used papers out of:
1.) Lynn Grieveson's "Spring Daze" kit
2.) Simplette's kit "Among the Flowers"
3.) Simplette's kit "Between Us"
4.) ML Designs "One World"

Font is "Bright Young Thing"

Happy Birthday! :D

Last edited:

chai

I used 4 papers from Lynne Anzelc's Remnant of the Past--background, clipped to Birthday, clipped to in France, clipped to journaling rectangle. For the "birthday," I used a stroke and bevel & emboss style effects.

LSlycord

Thanks for this great challenge.

Everything is from Possibilities Collection by Karen Schulz. I stacked 4 beautiful papers---1, 5, 9 and 18. I added the golden foliage, also from the kit. Then I created the title with Baskerville Old Face and BTX Radiant Sunshine. This challenge is quite different from what I usually do and I enjoyed it immensely on this Friday night.

ElectraF

Happy 17th Oscraps!!!
I loved this challenge, thank you
I used a gret base paper from AFT DEsigns, Break Free
Top Paper, Lynn Grieveson, No Big Deal
And I used the third pink and yellow paper from Break Free with my "Birthday" as a mask
The fonts are Olympia Script for everything but "Birthday"
And Brightly Crush Font for the word "birthday"

AlyciaIN

Alycia
Here's my Fancy Title Challenge layout. I used the love story font to make "Birthday" very special. I also used 3 papers from the OScraps Collab Seven for my background: Oscraps-SEVEN-PAPER-MdGroot-02 (top paper), Oscraps-SEVEN-PAPER-thehiddenheart1 and Oscraps-SEVEN-PAPER-ValC3 are blended for the bottom layer.

*gina*

CHEERY O
You are all doing a great job, but PLEASE remember to make sure the word BIRTHDAY stands out from all the other words you use. If you use a font please add it to the credits or in your post.
I will leave some love in the gallery.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Thanks for such a fun challenge
From Boho Summer Collab
Printed Top paper - Mdgroot 1
Tan Middle paper - rjefferies 2
Black bottom paper - aaspn

'Happy' - Chandiluna Reg Font
'Birthday' - Georgia Bold Italic Font - Clipped to Paper LDavi2

sandra-9663