Oscraps

What's your favorite scent?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I just saw Jean's @scrap-genie 100 Day Project and she said she photographed lilacs because the prompt for today was what's your favorite scent.

That brought back a couple of favorite/nostalgic memories. The first one is the smell of Morning Glories. I used to spend as many weekends as possible with my fraternal grandmother and she had them growing all around her windows. In the olden days, we didn't have AC and I woke up to that smell on a Saturday morning. It immediately takes me back to Granny's house.

The other favorite scent of mine if also lilacs. My dad brought me a lilac bush and we planted it in the heat of the Midwest summer and it bloomed and gave off it's wonderful scent that whole summer. About a year later, my husband got transferred to Detroit and we had to sell our house. My biggest regret was that I couldn't take my lilac bush with me. We had to live in a hotel for three months while our home was being built. I've never forgotten that special memory of planting that bush with my dad.

How about you? Any special memories that a certain scent evokes?

Jeannette

CHEERY O
I don't know, my nose isn't that good. I have to smell really hard to get the scent of flowers. I do like the scent of food. The scent of onions and garlic when preparing food I find rather good.
Not sure if you meant this kind of scent though?

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I would have to agree that the scent of lilacs is my favorite. Lily of the valley is a close second for flowers. Almond is also a favorite of mine.
Oh yes, Lily of the Valley is one of my favorites, too. They're SO sweet.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I don't know, my nose isn't that good. I have to smell really hard to get the scent of flowers. I do like the scent of food. The scent of onions and garlic when preparing food I find rather good.
Whatever scent you like is fine, Jeannette. I love how onions and garlic smell when they're simmering, too.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O

My nose isn't that good either, and I don't think it ever was - I lost most of my ability to smell after catching COVID more than two years ago and it hasn't really been bothering me since... One thing that I do miss though, is being able to smell food... about the only smell of cooked food I do perceive is onions and garlic - I used to like it, and now I can't stand it... go figure...

Jeannette

CHEERY O
My nose isn't that good either, and I don't think it ever was - I lost most of my ability to smell after catching COVID more than two years ago and it hasn't really been bothering me since... One thing that I do miss though, is being able to smell food... about the only smell of cooked food I do perceive is onions and garlic - I used to like it, and now I can't stand it... go figure...
How weird is that? Just one stupid disease can change so much! I can imagine you miss the smell of food!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Having lost most of my smell after COVID, I can't smell much these days... but I am grateful I can still smell vanilla - it has always been one of my favorite scents.
Oh, Olga, I know so many people who lost their smell after having Covid. My husband used to say he'd like to hire me out as a "smell finder". I have such a keen sense of smell.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I love onions and garlic too! dance3

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Having lost most of my smell after COVID, I can't smell much these days... but I am grateful I can still smell vanilla - it has always been one of my favorite scents.
Oh, Olga! that is so sad! Did it affect your sense of taste as well?