Oscraps

what would you save?

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
I really want to declutter and downsize our home. Less is more or at least my dream to achieve. I'm learning through the process that there is so much emotional attachment to old trinkets and things.
A friend of mine recenty lost their entire home to the California wildfires. Nothing was saved but themselves and their pets. It changes your perspective on what is truly important in this world.
Excluding people and pets, if you had minutes to get out and save something in your home what would it be.
I would grab my Nikon camera. It was a gift from friends and it brings me so much joy capturing nature and architecture. At times it has been my therapy. I learned a long time ago to back up my entire computer to the cloud so I know all that is safe.

Marjoleine

I learned a long time ago to back up my entire computer to the cloud so I know all that is safe.

I had a EHD crash two weeks ago! I lost everything, my scrapkits, all my photo's...there were also photo's of my girls birth. I was so so sad and angry and still am. Everything I ever owned and bought was on that drive.
The EHD can't be fixed anymore so I really lost everything. I now have an account at Backblaze and a new EHD.....but I will never get over the fact that I lost all the baby and birth photo's of my kids.

That said, de-clutter and downsize my home sounds like music. I have too much stuff, but if I got minutes to get out and had to save something, nothing is that important to save except indeed my kids and pets.

I recently started watching Tidying Up with Marie Kondo on Netflix. I love that show. She has some great ideas so I used some of her tips to de-clutter my house. :biggrin:

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
Oh I know that feeling so well. I had everything backed up on TWO EHD's and both died within 2 days of each other. I also lost everything and it is something I didn't get over. Digital products I could replace but not those photos. This is why I need to create my pages and save them in stores like Shutterfly so when ready I can just make a book. I'm so sorry for your loss :(

I had a EHD crash two weeks ago! I lost everything, my scrapkits, all my photo's...there were also photo's of my girls birth. I was so so sad and angry and still am. Everything I ever owned and bought was on that drive.
The EHD can't be fixed anymore so I really lost everything. I now have an account at Backblaze and a new EHD.....but I will never get over the fact that I lost all the baby and birth photo's of my kids.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
My first reaction would be to grab the boxes of old photos of my kids. More recent photos could get digital copies from family and friends, but the old ones would be lost.
After that, probably my engagement/wedding rings. I don't wear them anymore since my hands hurt a lot of the time. They mean the world to me too.

A decluttering trick that I am working on is to take a digital picture of the things that my kids have made for me over the years, the goofy gifts that make my heart smile but take up a lot of space that I don't have.

Danesa

Danesa
I would "drag" my safe out that has my most prized possessions and my Instant Pot. Oh, and I'd get my Mini Cooper (Francois) out of garage to safe distance since he is my favorite toy! :)

Jeannette

CHEERY O
I would take the photo albums from my kids, with their baby photo's. And my EHD's with all the other photo's.