Oscraps

What WILL You do With Your Research and/or Family History Albums

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I've seen several comments here in the last couple of weeks on this subject. You know, it's never too early to think about this. I have an elder cousin whose research was phenomenal. He was a professor of Forensic Science, so you would rightly expect it was detail and documented. If Jim stated something as solid, it was. He passed away a couple of years ago and I wonder what happened with his research. I need to call his son to see, but didn't want to seems insensitive. But I'm not getting younger, either, so I need to not put it off.

I have a plan for mine. Both of my boys have at least a little interest in family history so they will get copies of my research and books, photos, etc. Most of this will be electronic.

I think I will also donate a copy to the Allen County Public Library and one to the Family History Library. These will also be electronic.

There will be someone in your line that will assume the mantle, trust me. I have seen it happen over and over, so reach out to your extended family so see if you can infect someone with this wonderful virus we all share!

Amybody else have ideas? Let's share and see what we find.

LSlycord

This has been so much on my mind for the last few months. I don't believe that either of my kids will have any interest. Both are adopted from China so these aren't their ancestors that I am researching. Most of my family members knew that I was doing this research back in the '90's and no one really cared except for my parents and one uncle who have obviously passed away.

My plan for this year is to get some photos back to the people that are in them...I have photos of lots of cousins and when I send those, I will send a note about family history research and ask if they are interested. I also am thinking that I need to get my research dusted off and organized and then a great deal of that may go back to Iowa to a couple of genealogy groups.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
This has been so much on my mind for the last few months. I don't believe that either of my kids will have any interest. Both are adopted from China so these aren't their ancestors that I am researching. Most of my family members knew that I was doing this research back in the '90's and no one really cared except for my parents and one uncle who have obviously passed away.

My plan for this year is to get some photos back to the people that are in them...I have photos of lots of cousins and when I send those, I will send a note about family history research and ask if they are interested. I also am thinking that I need to get my research dusted off and organized and then a great deal of that may go back to Iowa to a couple of genealogy groups.
I have probably asked this but I've slept since then. What part of Iowa. y family was in Calhoun County mostly, some in Webster and Pocahontas. A few other places but I'm at work and don't remember them.

LSlycord

I have probably asked this but I've slept since then. What part of Iowa. y family was in Calhoun County mostly, some in Webster and Pocahontas. A few other places but I'm at work and don't remember them.
My family was in Madison, Lee, Warren, Muscatine, Clarke, Wayne...mainly came up through southern Iowa or southeastern Iowa.

LSlycord

I think (without going back through my paperwork) that some of my Muscatine lines came from KY. Maybe someday we will find out we are cousins. ;)

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I think (without going back through my paperwork) that some of my Muscatine lines came from KY. Maybe someday we will find out we are cousins. ;)
Girl, I'm quite sure we are somewhere. Some of your lines you've mentioned connect to my boys but I think also connect to me. How cool would it be? I'd LOVE it!