Oscraps

What topic do you scrap about most?

tjscraps

I am curious what topic people scrap about most - landscapes, flowers, buildings, people?

I would say mine is 99.9% people in my family - I don't think they'll ever go back and look at my heaps of scrapbook pages, so I scrap for a creative outlet for myself but also like to scrapbook the memories and pics of my family. Because maybe one day they will look at them, and the memories will come alive for them too.

What about you?

bcgal00

CHEERY O
People-wise, my grandkids. I take the most photos of wildlife (birds, squirrels, etc) and the dogs but also the outdoors and food. I like the variety of scrapping about lots of different things. What I need to scrap more about is "about me" pages.

felis

I scrap inspired by the O kits. I can scrap for everything, most often adding some song lyric or word art from kit, as I like to cover words with pics. :D

For special occasions I scrap family photos, but never share them public. I've had few cases when strangers especially on Instagram, used scrapbooks I'm shared, to pretend they know me.
I know it's very paranoid, but my family is not agree to post layouts even for my current dogs, as it's very easy someone to stalk you at the dog park and follows you from there. In my childhood my dogs was kidnaped from our yard till we was at school.

I have no reservations to scrap my cats, and even this is one of my favorite topics. Because I'm foster mom for most of them and if they can encourage someone else to become foster parents or even to adopt, there is nothing better then that!

tjscraps

People-wise, my grandkids. I take the most photos of wildlife (birds, squirrels, etc) and the dogs but also the outdoors and food. I like the variety of scrapping about lots of different things. What I need to scrap more about is "about me" pages.
I am REALLY bad at scrapping about myself. I always feel like it's too braggy, so then I delete it and try again. I know other people probably wouldn't think that, just my internal monologue getting in the way.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I am REALLY bad at scrapping about myself. I always feel like it's too braggy, so then I delete it and try again. I know other people probably wouldn't think that, just my internal monologue getting in the way.
Yes, me too. I feel weird when I scrap about myself but I force myself to do it a bit and it does get easier (but not completely lol).

tjscraps

I scrap inspired by the O kits. I can scrap for everything, most often adding some song lyric or word art from kit, as I like to cover words with pics. :D

For special occasions I scrap family photos, but never share them public. I've had few cases when strangers especially on Instagram, used scrapbooks I'm shared, to pretend they know me.
I know it's very paranoid, but my family is not agree to post layouts even for my current dogs, as it's very easy someone to stalk you at the dog park and follows you from there. In my childhood my dogs was kidnaped from our yard till we was at school.

I have no reservations to scrap my cats, and even this is one of my favorite topics. Because I'm foster mom for most of them and if they can encourage someone else to become foster parents or even to adopt, there is nothing better then that!
I likely share WAY too much online ... I am pretty boring though, don't see why anyone would stalk me (that's me being glib about it but really I hadn't thought of it much before!)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am curious what topic people scrap about most - landscapes, flowers, buildings, people?

I would say mine is 99.9% people in my family - I don't think they'll ever go back and look at my heaps of scrapbook pages, so I scrap for a creative outlet for myself but also like to scrapbook the memories and pics of my family. Because maybe one day they will look at them, and the memories will come alive for them too.

What about you?
I think that your family will appreciate your scrap pages in the future. Recently, Caitlyn wanted to see her paper scrapbooks and she had such a blast looking through them with me. She is making a paper scrapbook now of her and her BF's year together and it is making her happy as she goes, especially knowing that he is going to love it when she gives it to him.

I also had a really reassuring conversation with my sister-in-law. I have made an album every birthday for my nephew who just turned 10. When he was little he got a kick out of it, but now he's 10, does he still want that as a birthday gift?
I asked her what she honestly thought since it is a lot of work (at least for me it is, some of you are much faster scrappers than I am!) and I don't want to keep giving him it as a b-day gift if he would rather have something more "fun." She was pretty emphatic that it means more to him and will continue to mean more than a toy that will get tossed out at some point.

I also think that*she* likes getting them every year too :D

timounette

CHEERY O
My number one is / was my kids. As they are growing I have less pictures of them.
So my number two is my cat and nature in general.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I scrap all & everything. Many pages about myself, mental health & personal growth. Our trips. Lots of inspiration from music. And Urban - love that man! Not so much about John anymore, since he don't like it that much.

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
I scrap for mementoes for my daughter. Mostly our daily life and my thoughts. I occasionally do art journals with no photos.

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I sometimes scrap kit related, I keep a yearbook for myself, it contains both nature photos and family photos, photos of trips, so my scraps are varied

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Mostly family... I like the time I spent creating the pages to be used productively. I share the layouts and then go back and add personal details, names, dates etc before I print the albums.

zanthia

CHEERY O
since i rarely do dog pages any more, i jsut scrap whatever goes well with the kit - can be people, animals or even nature shots

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I would guess that the majority of my pages are family and pets. In the summer I will scrap pictures of my gardens and the wildlife I talk to when I am out there.

Quick question though:
I scrap pages about Braxton, the family skeleton who hangs out in my dining room. Would he count as family, pets, or "other?"

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I would guess that the majority of my pages are family and pets. In the summer I will scrap pictures of my gardens and the wildlife I talk to when I am out there.

Quick question though:
I scrap pages about Braxton, the family skeleton who hangs out in my dining room. Would he count as family, pets, or "other?"
Braxton should count as Family as he is always there at meals and other special events. :p;):)

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I scrap about my immediate family, but also about my genealogy and family history. While I don't like to do AAM pages, I do have some albums where I have my favorite flowers and garden plans, my bucket lists, and things like that. I didn't used to but now I sometimes make pages just because. One day all those odd albums and pages will put flesh on my bones for descendants who want to know more about me and the times I lived in.