Oscraps

What is your favorite classic movie?

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I get on binges of watches certain types of movies. I have been watching a string of "based on true life" movies but am ready for a change! I would love to see your recommendations for your favorite classic movies!

Caro

CHEERY O
I'm a HUGE classic movie fan. I love anything with Judy Garland. I love all the musicals. Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Harvey Girls, Meet Me In St. Louis, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, White Christmas. I just watched a really fun oldie, My Man Godfrey with Carole Lombard. Little Women with Elizabeth Taylor & June Allyson.
Some newer movie recs, if you haven't seen Sense & Sensibility with Kate Winslet, Emma with Gwenyth Paltrow, 2005 Pride & Prejudice and Mansfield Park are some of my faves.
And a series I really recommend as well is Anne With An E on Netlfix! I was so sad when it got cancelled after Season 3.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I'm a HUGE classic movie fan. I love anything with Judy Garland. I love all the musicals. Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Harvey Girls, Meet Me In St. Louis, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, White Christmas. I just watched a really fun oldie, My Man Godfrey with Carole Lombard. Little Women with Elizabeth Taylor & June Allyson.
Some newer movie recs, if you haven't seen Sense & Sensibility with Kate Winslet, Emma with Gwenyth Paltrow, 2005 Pride & Prejudice and Mansfield Park are some of my faves.
And a series I really recommend as well is Anne With An E on Netlfix! I was so sad when it got cancelled after Season 3.
Thank you so much, @Caro! Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is one of my all time favorites! I will be sure to add the other titles to my list of movies to watch! :heartpumpred:

AK_Tracy

I love the 1995 Colin Firth Pride and Prejudice. It was so much better for me but my kid loves the 2005 version. We have "battle" over the better and correct version in our house :floorlaugh: I also love Gone with the Wind, Anne of Green Gables.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Harvey with Jimmy Stewart. I also really like Dr. Strangelove, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington and African Queen.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I love the 1995 Colin Firth Pride and Prejudice. It was so much better for me but my kid loves the 2005 version. We have "battle" over the better and correct version in our house :floorlaugh: I also love Gone with the Wind, Anne of Green Gables.
I haven't seen the older version but will have to look into it!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Well, I found two more classic movies that are really good if you are interested in oldies but goodies! The first one is "Many Rivers to Cross" with Robert Taylor. The second one is "Unconquered" with Gary Cooper. They are both really good!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I looked up the best classic movies and "The 100 Classic Movies that Everybody Should See" came up. https://www.imdb.com/list/ls050138029/ Of course, Gone with the Wind was on that list. Enter The Dragon was one of them. I LOVE that movie and have watched it so many times. Bruce lee was AHHHHMAZING in that movie. Casablanca was on the list. Very cool list.

EDITED: I've seen 82 of them. Upon a recount.

Last edited:

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I looked up the best classic movies and "The 100 Classic Movies that Everybody Should See" came up. https://www.imdb.com/list/ls050138029/ Of course, Gone with the Wind was on that list. Enter The Dragon was one of them. I LOVE that movie and have watched it so many times. Bruce lee was AHHHHMAZING in that movie. Casablanca was on the list. Very cool list.

Thank you so much for sharing this list, Cheryl! I will be copying this list and marking off the ones I have seen and which ones to watch next!:heartpumpred:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O

LOL... I have seen 91 of them!!!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns , I also found this list. It has some different movies on it.
. I also found this list that can be printed and checked off: https://www.cdarwin.com/attachments/download.asp?file=690&type=pdf
There are also some cute movie lists I found on Pinterest.
I have seen all but 3 on the list of movies from Pinterest.

With many of the "Classic" movies on DVDs and now on the streaming services, it is easier to find and watch many of the Classics.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I have seen all but 3 on the list of movies from Pinterest.

With many of the "Classic" movies on DVDs and now on the streaming services, it is easier to find and watch many of the Classics.
You are so right! I was able to find some of the classics on Tubitv for free. Amazon Prime video has some classic movies for a small fee and some are free as well. I just watched African Queen. It was such a good movie!

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I love classic movies. Little Women wit Susan Sarandon and Winona Ryder, Shenandoah with Jimmy Stewart (grab a box of tissues - I cry from beginning to end!), Journey to the Center of the Earth with Pat Boone, anything with Julie Andrews, The Little Princess with Shirley Temple, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Yellow Subramine, Love Story, the 1970s version of Romeo and Juliet with Olivia Hussey. I'm kinda all over the place!