Oscraps

What Backup Service Do You Use?

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
I had a scare where my local backup did not work and I almost lost all of my scrap pages, scrap kits, and photos when my hard drive wouldn't mount. Luckily after trying over and over again, I was able to transfer the files off the bad hard drive onto another one.

I am now looking for an off site back up solution. What do you use?

Let this be your Public Service Announcement: Back up your files!!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I've used Back Blaze for a few years now, plus, I have external hard drives, and Creative Cloud and I pay extra each month for Google Drive. I'm kind of a "backup freak". I put all of my CT 3600x3600 files on my Flickr Pro account - I have unlimited storage and I can find my layouts quickly on there, because they're organized into albums.

As for my pictures: any picture I take automatically backs up to Google Photos and Flickr Pro. I always know that I can find them on one of those two places.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I have been backing up 5 TB of photos onto backblaze this past week but it is almost complete. Then I will switch to uploading my digi scrap files. Then I will go back to uploading photos, I think I have 6 more EHDs to load but they are smaller drives. I figure it'll take another week or longer but then they will all be backed up and then I'll switch to uploading new stuff once a week. I didn't want to pay a monthly or yearly fee but I feel that is going to be the easiest and more efficient process for me.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
My photos from my phone and the web versions of my layouts all automatically backup to Google Photos. I think I have used up about 60% of the available free space.

My computer and 2 EHD's are backed up with Backblaze. I have used it for years, and pay $7.00 a month. I was able to restore all my files a few years ago after a hard drive crash, so it was worth every penny. The only caveat is that Backblaze requires you to physically connect your EHD's to your computer for a few hours every 30days, but they send you regular reminders to do so.

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
I have two very large EHD (one for our photos and one for my scrap material and layouts) that run on a file server. The two disks are automatically backed up to a 3rd and 4th disk.
Timemachine also makes a daily copy of my computer on one of the EHD ...
My scrap material is also on a small EHD to work with...
Don't ask me how to install... my son took care of this for me.... If necessary, he can intervene from home...

anke55

CHEERY O
I have a couple of EHDs for normal use and I back everything up with Backblaze, including the EHDs. It's so nice not to have to worry anymore!!