Oscraps

What are your plans for MLK Weekend?

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
What is everyone doing over upcoming Martin Luther King 3 day weekend? I live in south Florida where we have eternal summer. We've had an unusually warm winter. This is still the best time of year for us to experience outdoor festivals and outside activities before the brutal summer heat.
Would love to hear everyone's plans? You might just inspire to me to get active.
While your at it, let us know where you are from!

Last edited by a moderator:

Danesa

Danesa
I'm going to the Biltmore Estate with family, from Florida, who are coming up to our beautiful state of North Carolina. Enjoy your sunshine, Lorraine. We had tons of ice yesterday and will have snow this week. Yay for winter. haha I am planning a visit to Florida this spring to be with my daughter and go to DisneyWorld parks! :) I want to come down before the heat gets unbearable again.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
It's going to be crazy cold here this weekend, so I'll probably just be snuggling up with my laptop :) Monday's are busy Oscraps days - changing out the front page of the shop, loading 52, newsletter, etc.

I'd prefer to be joining Danesa and family at Biltmore! :)

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
Oh Danesa- the ice is the worst. I am grateful that we don't have to worry about freezing pipes, snow tires, etc but having a bit more cool weather would have been appreciated. Tonight we expect the coldest front this season- ready for it...50 degrees LOL but when it is 80 in the day a 30 degree drop. How nice to have your family coming up? After all these years as internet friends, I hope one day we will finally meet especially when in the same state.
Vicki, I hope you are feeling better. You've had a rough go of it lately. I hope you are feeling better soon and that you get to enjoy a little bit of Monday for some R&R

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Since I am unemployed, DH is disabled, and the kids' college semester doesn't start until tomorrow, it really is just another day for me. But I do have plans to meet my BFF for lunch and as much as I want to see here, I do NOT want to leave my house. We are having a dangerous cold front in NJ and we are only going to have a high of 10* but wind chills will make it feel well below zero. I had to take the dogs outside at 6 am and it was brutal. If it weren't always so hard t find time to meet up I would probably reschedule for another day. One that didn't make it feel like I was in Antarctica.

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
Please stay safe from the storm. I have family in New York so get updates. My daughter is also disabled and she had infusions last week. It is a much needed day off for me. There is so much to be done around the house but I'm tired.

Since I am unemployed, DH is disabled, and the kids' college semester doesn't start until tomorrow, it really is just another day for me. But I do have plans to meet my BFF for lunch and as much as I want to see here, I do NOT want to leave my house. We are having a dangerous cold front in NJ and we are only going to have a high of 10* but wind chills will make it feel well below zero. I had to take the dogs outside at 6 am and it was brutal. If it weren't always so hard t find time to meet up I would probably reschedule for another day. One that didn't make it feel like I was in Antarctica.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Not a holiday for us here in :canada: But hope everyone else enjoys the day off!!