Oscraps

What are you watching - July 2020

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I'm a couple days early but... eh. lol

I just started Eurovision Song Contest, the Story of Fire Saga on Netflix. Looks like it might be entertaining. No clue what our euro ladies will think of it!

Have been watching Crazy Delicious on Netflix - love the whimsy and artistry of it and I'd love to be able to eat that food!

Have been LOVING Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix.

I watch a lot of food shows for someone who can't eat anything lol Maybe that's why....

What are you all watching now?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
We've been watching old movies again. "As Good As It Gets", "Dirty Dancing", "Pretty Woman" and we started "The Hustler" and got half way through tonight. Paul Newman and Jackie Gleason are in it.

We also love to watch Biographies and have watched several on our favorite movie stars. I love to watch food and cooking shows too, Vicki, and I can't eat much either. LOL

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
I just watched the Eurovision Song Contest, the Story of Fire Saga yesterday, and I loved it.
It is all about the crazyness of the euro song contest, and if you are a fan of the contest you will love it! lots of former winners/participants in it too.
it says it is the 2020 contest, but that was cancelled because of covid,
it was supposed to be in Rotterdam here, because the Netherlands won the last time!
:hippie: looks like sigrit

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
started watching the handmaid's tale on fox, 2 episodes every week.
curious to where the story will go.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
When I was on maternity leave in 1996 I was *glued* to the Food Network. Since then, I haven't watched too many food shows at all. Guess I overdid it!

Handmaid's Tale was really good, very chilling.

I am so excited to see Hamilton. Scott's friend has an account feature on Disney that you can "share" your account somehow and that is the one big thing I am looking forward to.
We finished the second season of Killing Eve on Hulu and now I am waiting impatiently for season 3. We are running out of shows to stream- again. I will be following this thread closely.

Jeannette

CHEERY O
I'm watching The Restaurant on Netflix and together with my husband we are watching The Sinner.
Before this I have watched Broadchurch, Spinning Out, After Life and Unorthodox. The last two I love the most!.
I have also watched a few documentaries: Michelle Obama, Daughters of Destiny and 13th. The last one was very impressive.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I started trying to read The Handmaid's Tale and I couldn't take it. I could never watch it. But I know it's very popular. That's just me and my weirdness. Like Dexter - I just can't watch it and I know people who are glued to it.

Danesa

Danesa
I'm kind of in a lull right now. Waiting and hoping something "striking" comes this week or next. I finished all my favorites, so I'm on the prowl for another "something" to hang on to. :) I'm going to be checking in here for more ideas as the month ventures further.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
We started Season One of Hanna. We are two episodes in and it is somewhat better than just ok. I think it is going to rev up a bit or at least I hope it does.

Just looked this up the other day but Psych is streaming in Hulu, that is a cute, lighthearted one

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
How is the Politician? I read something about it, saying it was good but I can't remember the wheres and whys.

We also started watching Perry Mason. One episode in, so time will tell. I will share an update a bit later.

BTW- I LOVED Hamilton. I would watch it again in a heartbeat.

zanthia

CHEERY O
chris - politician is really good a bit over the top. loved bette middle and judith light in 2nd season.

bummed that disney no longer offers a free trial but will have to get it soon for one month only just to see hamilton

did you ever watch the americans - if not matthew rhys was the star of it . its been a while since i have had hbo . perry mason is a show i would be interested in down the road

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Absolutely love Eurovision! Seriously laughed long and loud and just generally felt happy after.

Now I'm watching Warrior Nun since Zanthia mentioned it. I'm like the premise so far.

AFTdesigns

Designer
Designer
I’ve been watching “Dark” on Netflix. Definitely check it out if you’re into Stranger Things and the like.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Is the Dark the one that starts with kids going into a cave or tunnel? German I think? We tried a few episodes of that but I was thrown off by the voiceovers.

zanthia

CHEERY O
I’ve been watching “Dark” on Netflix. Definitely check it out if you’re into Stranger Things and the like.

love stranger things and wanted to check out Dark

are you using the dubbed version or subtitles. In a few sites i read the dubbed is really bad and it is highly recommend to use the subtitles.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I finished Warrior Nun this weekend and was disappointed to discover it's a series and there is a cliff hanger. I hate cliffhangers lol

Watched The Old Guard movie on Netflix and LOVED it. I hope it becomes a series or has sequels.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am intrigued!!! I was trying to tell Gary that we need to add it to our list, but damned if I could remember the name of it :D

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
So I see that it is a long movie 2+ hours, is it something that will keep my attention that long if I am prone to zoning out-- and that Gary tends to fall asleep? ;)