Oscraps

Welcome to the Entertainment Zone

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
We have a new forum for you all to enjoy. Welcome to the Entertainment Zone, a virtual library and community center at the O.

Feel free to share and favorite book or authors that you are currently reading or ask for a recommendation what to read next. Maybe you are more into TV and movies instead of books, so tell us what you are binging on or waiting impatiently for the next season to air. Stranger Things, perhaps? :wait2:
However: If you are discussing anything that contains spoilers, put that in the title of your thread so everyone knows not to go in if they haven't caught up with you.

If you have some favorite music to listen to while you are chatting about other areas of entertainent, let us know what you have on deck!

Last edited:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
ooooh! love the smell of fresh paint on the walls, will have this reading room filled up in no time!!! :) and just moving in the TV and movie screen as well so make sure to get super comfy and don't forget the snack foods!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
We've been watching some of (my) favorite movies. My dear hubby goes along with just about anything. We watched Groundhog Day last night because I keep saying that this Covid period reminds me of Groundhog Day. We also watched Lincoln Lawyer, As Good as it Gets, and Dirty Dancing.

Jeannette

CHEERY O
The last book I read was a Dutch book by a Dutch writer. I don't think it is translated yet. It's called Confettiregen, and it's about a boy who is different the other boys. He loves bright colors, he loves fairies and princesses, and he doesn't realize skirts and pink, glittery clothes are for girls.
He grows up in a safe environment, but when he goes to school things change.
He finds out the world isn't always nice for people who are different, but no matter how hard things can get, he sticks to his self. Sure he makes mistakes, he has doubts, he has to find out who he really is like all kids, but he comes out strong and accepts himself for who and what he is.

I found this a fabulous book, because I think life for kids in general is hard these days. For kids who are different it is so much harder. And it shouldn't be, because everyone in this world is unique and has the right to be who he or she is.
I can't understand why so often people can't accept others the way they are. That is why this book touched me. It's an important topic, and I feel it's great there are books written about it.

I'm sure there are books like this in English. If you know any, I'm interested.

By the way, I also read The Rosie Project a long time ago. Fantastic books about an autistic young man.
I can babble about books forever :)