Oscraps

Virus on my computer

Quirkyk

ohhhhh :( I'm sorry!!!!!!!!!!!! I fought with viruses and programs and such...long story short...I bought Norton the highest one and THEY not only gave me the virus but then couldn't get rid of it...I ended up with a FREE virus program that has done TEN TIMES better than anything I had before that I PAID for...it is called AVAST...I don't know if it can help you with what you have but it might be worth a shot...good luck..

And no I don't work for Avast...I'm just extremely tickled that some thing out there works!!

lialotito

Ohhhh, that's terrible. I'm sorry for you.

I bought a Mac like one year ago and no more virus problems, no more freezing panels, no more Ctr+ALt+Del needs... it's really much more stable !

jtb

I use F-Prot for anti-virus, and have for about 5 years -- works perfectly. It's not free. If I remember correctly it's $26.95 USD for a year. BUT the nice thing is it's like a site license for your home computers. We have 3 (sad, I know), and it's on each one of them for no additional cost.

katg1006

Oh Mikkel...I know the feeling...I just had a trojan last year and had to totally reformat and then this year I got hit again. It's so frustrating!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
That really sucks. I've been fortunate and never hit too bad. I can't even imagine having to deal with that.

msbrad

I had the dreaded 4shared virus recently.
Upon the advice of whatthetech.com and several trusted digi friends, who suggested malwarebytes.
It has been taken care of.
Good luck, but due know, macs can get virus too. (usually not as often, as the bad guys haven't done it to them as much).
m

livelifejoyfully

aka Sue Cummings
Designer
O soooooo sorry Mikkel...been there and it hasn't been pretty!
I've got carbonite and can reformat my computer and reinstall everything back to normal without too much trouble.

Love those MAC's ....I still would miss my right click button...so alas...a PC for me.

NicosMommy

Yuck Mikkel!!
So sorry! I have been lucky so far and havent had any viruses or anything but I am crossing my fingers it stays like that....seems kind of inevitable!! hope you get straightened out asap!!!!

mcx10

Sorry to hear about your troubles and hope you can get rid of the pesky virus. But if not, go directly to the nearest Apple store...:D

I still would miss my right click button...so alas...a PC for me.
Hmmm, not sure I understand this comment. The mouse for my Mac desktop doesn't have two distinct "separate" buttons but it definitely has left and right click capability. To right click on my Mac laptop all I have to do is put two fingers on the pad and click the button.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kristin Aagard

Oh, I'm so sorry. My hubby had to wipe my computer out and reload everything a few months ago to get rid of a sticky virus. Hope you can find an easier way to clean it off.

FlawedPurfektion

this is something that must be going around..its very upsetting that people have nothing better to do than making viruses..maybe they need a new hobby like scrapping perhaps..HA HA!!
I had a virus and had to wipe my computer clean and then as soon as I signed on again.BLAM!! got it again.. so i went and got the norton package at best buy. my computer is working like a charm now :)
I hope all of you ladies got yours fixed also!!

MikkelPaige

I had the dreaded 4shared virus recently.
Upon the advice of whatthetech.com and several trusted digi friends, who suggested malwarebytes.
It has been taken care of.
Good luck, but due know, macs can get virus too. (usually not as often, as the bad guys haven't done it to them as much).
m

A computer "nerd" friend just recommended that one to me! I'm going to try it when I get home. Too bad I paid for a different one, right? Oh well. C'est la vie.

dlhoffer

There's no place like hOme!
I was just going to recommend Malwarebytes as well....they have a really helpful forum too.

Good luck!!!

LindaPete

My hubby is a geek (network engineer actually) I use AVG and Spybot Search and Destroy. Both free programs. Run them with your computer in safe mode. that got rid of SmitFraud C for me about 7 months ago. Good luck!