Oscraps

Vicki Stegall Designs (Momma O's) August 2024 Challenge

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Vicki Challenge.png

Hello and welcome to Momma O's August Challenge. I'm Cheryl and I'll be your host for this month. When I started thinking about this month's challenge, I found some interesting quotes about August. I love this first quote, because August IS the border between summer and autumn. You don't have to use any of these quotes, but they helped get my mojo working, so I hope they help yours.

“I love borders. August is the border between summer and autumn; it is the most beautiful month I know. Twilight is the border between day and night, and the shore is the border between sea and land. The border is longing: when both have fallen in love but still haven’t said anything. The border is to be on the way. It is the way that is the most important thing.”
— Tove Jansson

“August is the slow, gentle month that stretches out the longest across the span of a year. It yawns and lingers on with the light in its palms.”
— Victoria Erickson

“Some days in late August at home are like this, the air thin and eager like this, with something in it sad and nostalgic and familiar.”

— William Faulkner

I've also created a Mood Board that represents some of the colors and images that are associated with August:

august-mood-board.jpg

My challenge is simple: just create a layout about whatever gives you "that August Feeling" (late summer). I found this picture in my stash, which looks like early fall on a quiet beach. I used one of my favorite kits by Vicki - SummerTime, which has the rich "August Colors" that I wanted for my layout.

Here's my sample.

Rules
- Create a layout using an "August Feeling" theme - rich, saturated colors. You can use a picture or go photo less. That's it - easy peasy!

- Use 75% Vicki Stegall Designs Products.
- Please credit all products in your layout especially what Vicki Stegall Products were used.
- Post your page in the Vicki Stegall Designs Gallery and link your page in this thread for your chance to win a $5.00 Gift Certificate to Vicki's store by midnight PST August 31, 2024. (See below on how to add your linked layout.)

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

I can't wait to see your "August Feeling" layouts!​

Attachments

• aug-momma-o-challenge.jpg
    aug-momma-o-challenge.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited: