Oscraps

Vicki Robinson Designs Jan 2022 Challenge - ends 1/28

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen
vrd-black.png

Happy New Year everyone!

If this is your first time joining me for a challenge — welcome! I'm so happy you're here! If you've joined my challenges in the past, welcome back! This month's challenge runs through January 28th.

vrd-2022-01-challenge-sample.jpg

In May 2019, I came down with a debilitating case of pneumonia. My recovery was long, exhausting, and frustrating and it prevented me from even the simplest of tasks for many months. It was the beginning of 2020 before I finally started to feel like myself and was able to renew my normal lifestyle. But then — of course — the Corona 19 virus lockdown hit here in the U.S.

The hidden journaling on my page is about my struggles during those months of pneumonia and how I finally came to realize that although long-term goals are important, sometimes you need to focus on much smaller steps. The tendency is, at the beginning of a new year, to set big, lofty goals — and that's great but let's not forget that in order to reach those big goals, you might need to break them into more manageable pieces in order to be successful. If you’re interested in adding hidden journaling to your own page, I have a couple of video tutorials for you here.

My page uses my Just for Today Collection, which is 30% off this month (individual packs are 20% off) as well as one of the "story-starter" prompts in this month's challenge freebie. I also used some of my mark-making brushes — they are a great way to add texture and interest to your page, especially if you want to achieve a more art journaling or mixed media look.

I've put together a special Sampler Set of 8 brushes which you can get for $2.99during this Challenge period. The Sampler Set is taken from four of my brush sets which are on sale for 40% during January 2022 — so if you like the samples, you may want to grab the full sets (they are linked in the Sampler product description) BUT this Sampler Set 01 is not visible in my shop until next month and this $2.99 price is just for you during January.

Challenge Rules​

Eligible participants will be entered into a drawing for a $5.00 coupon to my shop — AND new this year — if you complete all of my challenges this year, you will be eligible for a drawing for a $20 coupon to my shop. The winner will be notified by a private message (conversation) here in the Oscraps forum — the week after the challenge ends. Entries may be featured on the Oscraps blog, my website, in my newsletter, or other social media.

To be eligible for the $5.00 coupon drawing:
  • Create a page using this month’s challenge prompt, which will earn you one entry into the coupon drawing. Feel free to interpret the prompt in any manner that suits you.
  • All products used on your page must be by Vicki Robinson Designs. However, you will earn one extra entry into the coupon drawing if you use the Just for Today Collection. In other words, to get two entries into the drawing: use one of the prompts, and part of the Just for Today Collection (freebies don't count).
  • To get an extra entry into the drawing, use one or more brushes from the Sampler Set 1.
  • Upload your page to the Vicki Robinson Designs Gallery, be sure to list all of the products you used in the credits area, and then come back here to link us up to your layout. Instructions are below.
To be eligible for the $20.00 coupon drawing after the year's challenges are completed, you'll need to track your challenge entries in this thread.

Don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter, you'll get loads of freebies and exclusive coupons, along with a heads up on my new releases and tutorials.

I can't wait to see what you come up with for my challenge!

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
  • Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
  • This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.
  • We also have a video tutorial if you prefer.

vrd-story-starters-2022-challenge-01-preview.jpgvrd-jan-2022-stamp-sampler-preview.jpgvrd-just-for-today-1-collection-preview.jpg

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
What a wonderful challenge, Vicki and I hope you're feeling like yourself again. It's really rough to continue day-to-day activities when you don't feel well. :(

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Great Challenge Vicki! My DH went through the same terrible recovery from pneumonia in 2019, it took him a very long time to recover, but you are right you just need to concentrate on the small steps to recovery! Happy to say he is his old self again!!

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen
Great Challenge Vicki! My DH went through the same terrible recovery from pneumonia in 2019, it took him a very long time to recover, but you are right you just need to concentrate on the small steps to recovery! Happy to say he is his old self again!!
Trudy, I was really shocked at how long the recovery took. I thought I would never feel better! So glad your DH is ok too!

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen
What a challenge you had to recover from pneumonia. Glad you are recovered. Yes... the little steps are what can get you through a difficult time in your life.

I used Just For Today and the add-on for the LO
The process on how I created the LO is in the gallery description
This is terrific! Thanks so much for adding your process! I always love know the techniques others use!

terryspear

How awful about the pneumonia, Vicki, and then with COVID right around the corner, just scary times all around. I got the pneumonia vaccine as soon as I was eligible, not sure how great it will be, but anything is worth a try!

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen
How awful about the pneumonia, Vicki, and then with COVID right around the corner, just scary times all around. I got the pneumonia vaccine as soon as I was eligible, not sure how great it will be, but anything is worth a try!
Terry, I wasn’t eligible for the pneumonia shot until I actually had pneumonia and then with the extended lockdown, I had to deasy. I’m getting it next week. Love your page! What a beautiful photo!

terryspear

Terry, I wasn’t eligible for the pneumonia shot until I actually had pneumonia and then with the extended lockdown, I had to deasy. I’m getting it next week. Love your page! What a beautiful photo!
I'm so glad you're finally going to get it. I had the same issue, couldn't get it and was sick for two different 3 month periods during 2020. Not sure what it was, no testing at the time, so it was awful. I was finally eligible last year. And thanks on my page!

Last edited:

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen
I've had several questions about how to add hidden journaling to your page. I've updated the top post with a link, but you can find my tutorials here.