Oscraps

Valentine’s Day

LSlycord

As hard as it is to imagine, we are only a week from Valentine’s Day. Tell me, do you celebrate? What are your plans for this weekend?

I don’t know if we will do anything or not. We don’t do nearly as much eating out as we used to. We only go to restaurants where we can eat outside and socially distance. We found a spot a couple of weekends ago where we can have breakfast while looking at the Atlantic! I think we may do that to celebrate.

What about you?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I was just talking about Valentine's Day with my granddaughter yesterday. I don't "do" Valentine's Day, personally. I call it "A Hallmark Holiday". But there's nothing wrong with the people who love celebrating it. I think it's fun for the kids (at used I remember it was fun to take Valentines to my classmates when I was a kid). My granddaughter and I went TJ Maxx's yesterday and that place was crazy - everybody looked like they were buying Valentine's Day stuff. My grandson (16) has bought his gf a teddy bear and a necklace already. Like I said, it's fun for some people.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am 100% the same as @Cherylndesigns. I don't celebrate the Hallmark Holidays and I passed that curmudgeon-ness on to my kids. Makes it hard for Scott since Leah likes valentine's day. Whoops! When I was teaching PreK, it was fun because of being around the little kids who were happy.
If I remember, I will tell the family that I love them.

scrap-genie

I like Valentine's Day! I make a card for my DH, either digital or my artwork, and it pleases him (and later he puts them in a bird book to save.) Two years ago I was in the hospital on 2/14 and he brought me an orchid (actually couldn't wait, brought it the 13th.) He cares for it now and it currently has five blooms and is beginning a new group of buds. So what's not to like? Here it is from last year:

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
Valentine Day is not a bit thing here in our house, not even a little thing.
the "hallmark" feeling is getting a lot of attention here on tv. after seeing a lot of christmas "romantic" films on tv, we no have a series of valentines films.

LSlycord

Well, if I'm going to be completely transparent (and I usually am :D), if we go out to breakfast, it won't be because of Valentine's Day. We will go out to breakfast because we found a new restaurant that overlooks the ocean and the food is decent. I'd like to get some chocolate covered strawberries, but again, that's because I like them and they may have them available. My most recent memories of V-Day have to do with stressing over Valentine's boxes for the kids to take to school. In earlier years, Brian used to get me a dozen long stemmed red roses. But there won't be anything special going on at our house either.

Jean, I love that orchid! I've always wanted to try my hand at growing an orchid. But since I killed so many of my outdoor potted plants over the winter, I may need to wait until they are replaced.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
OMG you are killing me Linda- a restaurant overlooking the ocean... I would love to see that instead of all of this awful ugly snow ;)