Oscraps

Upcoming Valentine's Day Food

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Do you celebrate VD? We don't go out, preferring to stay at home and hang out together. I asked my hubs to not buy me chocolate or candy. I'll get him something though.

Dinner will be steak and baked potato for him and steak and salad for me. I'm going to try basting the steak in butter for the last few minutes of cooking (saw it on the Chew cooking show recently).

What about you? Anything planned? Any special treats or food?

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I'll probably indulge in some Halo Top ice cream and we'll most likely have steak at home as well.

Microferk

We will be having our valentines Day date night on Friday- we always do it the weekend before or after. Not sure where to go.... our favorite Mexican place or BJs Brewhouse who has the most delicious healthy items on their menu!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am going to bump this up for 2019- anyone making a special dinner for Valentine's day? I don't even know what day it is. --Of the week, I know it is the 14th :p

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I've bought a low carb dark chocolate cake in a box - I think it's by Lakanto - and I'm planning to make that for my after dinner treat. Most likely we'll just have steak for dinner.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Yum, low carb choc cake sounds yummy! I. Going to pan fry steak in cast iron, finished with butter basting and air fryer potatoes.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
We don't ever buy each other choc. etc for Valentine's Day, but usually try to have a nice dinner together! All this talk of steak is making me drool, so I think that will probably be on our menu for the evening too! With lots of mushrooms and perhaps Cesar Salad. :hungry: