Oscraps

TWILIGHT: The Movie!!!

livelifejoyfully

aka Sue Cummings
Designer
You'll never guess what I did tonight!
I rented Twilight!!! DH is away, so I thought I would treat myself.
I know there alot of people didn't like it...but I loved it!!! Not
as good as the books but I liked hearing the music track for the movie
and seeing some of the beautiful scenery. Setting is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!
Trees...water...green...and beautiful.

I married my teenage sweetheart...so this story brings back all the
intense feelings...minus the vampire thing!!! lol

Last edited:

katg1006

I haven't seen it yet Sue still not sure if I should since I love the books so much - afraid to be disappointed :) I Am glad you liked it :)

LindaPete

Sue, I have not gotten my own personal copy of the movie yet but it is certainly on my list! I have four daughters and all five of us have read all the books. There is no way that that dvd is not going to be part of our collection. I too loved the books, but loved the movie too!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Here is my take on it. LOL

I am so glad that I read the books first.They really are so much better. But the movie was better than I was expecting it to be. Edward wasn't "my" Edward but he grew on me. Esme and Jasper-- not at all how I imagined them. And there wasn't enough of Alice!

But I though that they did a pretty good job- even when the story strayed from the book, it wasn't distracting.

If you can get the 3 disk set- we really liked seeing the interviews with the cast and w/ the director and S.M. And the music- I had no idea that Robert played piano- and wrote some of the music in the movie- that was way cool to see!

LindaPete

One of my students brought the sound track to school. I play it during class all the time. Great mix of music!

livelifejoyfully

aka Sue Cummings
Designer
I agree with Chris...Edward wasn't "my" Edward but he grew on me.
I liked his mad look
when he saved Bella from the gang of boys.
I liked the part with the slow first kiss.
I liked it when he smiled at Bella.
Did you guess it...I am in love with Edward too!!! lol

I really think people should read Edward's perspective
(on Stephanie Meyers website) before seeing the movie...
it helps to understand the complex looks on Edward's face
during the movie.
and...
The scenery in the movie is OUTstanding! I love it when they
are in the tree!

LindaPete

I so agree Sue! Reading from Edward's perspective really makes the movie make more sense! The actor that plays Edward, I think, portrays his struggle very well.

livelifejoyfully

aka Sue Cummings
Designer

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I have to read that soon, I bet it is fascinating!

I know if I didn't read the book, the movie would made less sense to me (like when he looks like he is going to barf in Science when he smells her :D)
But I do think Robert portrayed that well.

livelifejoyfully

aka Sue Cummings
Designer
I have to read that soon, I bet it is fascinating!

I know if I didn't read the book, the movie would made less sense to me (like when he looks like he is going to barf in Science when he smells her :D)
But I do think Robert portrayed that well.

CHRIS!!!!!
Um...not barf Chris...
ou've got to read it...
from his perspective!!!
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

Her smell was like a "DRUG" to him.
You don't get the real emotions of Edward until you read
this excerpt from Midnight SUn
>>>>>>>>>>
BELLA and the whole Science class were in REAL REAL danger that day.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oh no- that *is* what I mean! LOL

If I hadn't read the book, I would have thought he was barfing! But b/c I read the book, I did get it...:)

snappy2003

You'll never guess what I did tonight!
I rented Twilight!!! DH is away, so I thought I would treat myself.
I know there alot of people didn't like it...but I loved it!!! Not
as good as the books but I liked hearing the music track for the movie
and seeing some of the beautiful scenery. Setting is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!
Trees...water...green...and beautiful.

I married my teenage sweetheart...so this story brings back all the
intense feelings...minus the vampire thing!!! lol

I totally get what you mean about the teenage sweetheart thing, I married mine, too :). I loved it as well!

snappy2003

CHRIS!!!!!
Um...not barf Chris...
ou've got to read it...
from his perspective!!!
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

Her smell was like a "DRUG" to him.
You don't get the real emotions of Edward until you read
this excerpt from Midnight SUn
>>>>>>>>>>
BELLA and the whole Science class were in REAL REAL danger that day.

took a massive amount of restraint for him to leave that room...if he were a new vampire there would've been no way...

livelifejoyfully

aka Sue Cummings
Designer
Bit the bullet and bought Eclipse tonight. My girlfriend was going to let me borrow hers but she is taking toooooooooooooo long...so I couldn't wait! I don't want to start it until I complete some scrapbooking projects. I know I won't be able to put it down.

t_a_l_i

For me, the movie was iffy. I didn't think it did the book any kind of justice. I felt like the changes in it from the book were kind of unnecessary.

But, I'm hopeful for the next movie. I think it will have a much bigger budget, and will just be better produced and directed.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I'm with you Tali. I like watching the movie because it gave me an idea of how somebody else visualized the book but I was not overly impressed with the movie and I felt a little bad for dragging my hubby to see it. The acting seemed bad because it was hard to portray the awkwardness between Edward and Bella but it wasn't so bad if you had the understanding of the book. I'm not real excited about the second movie because I heard they were going to do some serious rewriting so that Edward had a larger role in it. I don't like that. I really enjoyed book 2. I had to skim through to make sure Edward was coming back but once I knew that, I enjoyed reading about the relationship between Bella and Jacob.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
The scenery in the movie is OUTstanding! I love it when they
are in the tree!

You should totally move to Washington. I think hardly any of it, if any was actually filmed in Forks, but all of the Olympic Penninsula is like that. The rainforest over there is breathtaking. Those beach towns over there are really neat. I love driving over there. It takes me about 1.5 hours. It's not quite the Oregon Coast (Goonies) but it is gorgeous!!

dabittymama

I enjoyed it just because I am a dork like that :)!!! Though, I hope they recast Rosalie and Emmett, maybe Esme. WHen you think of the budget they had it is pretty impressive.

I do agree about Edward in bio though, he doesn't look like he is about to start killing everyone in class he looks like he wants to barf :)!

I think ever since the movie "titled" Eragon came out I have very low expectations because I wonder if the people who did the screen play for that really even read the book. So, when the movie actaully tries to follow the plot I am happy.

~*Lainebean*~

I think ever since the movie "titled" Eragon came out I have very low expectations because I wonder if the people who did the screen play for that really even read the book. So, when the movie actaully tries to follow the plot I am happy.

Same here! hahahaha. I haven't seen twilight yet, but i am not in any hurry.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I tend to agree with Tali and Clara. And, yeah, as much as I love to look at Rob's pretty face, I don't think it would be right to give him more screen time - unless its to show what he was doing while away....

edited to add: in movie #2 that is.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I tend to agree with Tali and Clara. And, yeah, as much as I love to look at Rob's pretty face, I don't think it would be right to give him more screen time - unless its to show what he was doing while away....

edited to add: in movie #2 that is.

ITA too-
One of the things I loved about the HP movies is that even though they cut stuff out, they really stayed as close to the plot as they could.
I don't like when they add stuff.
In the Rent movie, they had a whole new story line and it was stupid and I hated it ;)

t_a_l_i

Yep, I totally love the HP movies, and I always appreciated how closely they sticked to the books.

I probably won't be as into the 2nd movie since I'm not a Jacob fan. But, I'm excited to see it, and see what having a different producer or whatever will do. Eric enjoyed the movie so he said he'll see the new one in the theater with me. :)

wahh!!
i love twilight & hp.
i love twilight for its edgy romantic thing.
i also love hp for its very interesting and engaging plot.
but when it comes to movies
ill stick with the twilight.
ive read both the series and i think twilight sticks more to the book.
im totally satisfied.
while in hp
there are some things that they cut and that leaves me quite uncontented.
but nevertheless
i love both.
:]

I love the movie (have probably watched it a lot more than 10 time so far, most recently yesterday) but I love the books more. I just don't like a few of the changes they made, but overall it definitely makes it into my all time favourite top 10 movies list.

createwings

Oh I've been away... and guess where I've been... I totally got sucked into it all! I first rented the movie on "On Demand" then watched it 2 times!!! I then ran to the store and bought the first two books devoured them in 4 days so I ran back to the store and bought the last two and gobbled them up in another 4 days! I wasn't able to design or anything during this time as I was totally sucked into it all LOL!! I had to finish the series so I could get my life back to normal and now I find out there is an Edward's perspective to read too!! Gah!

I'm in love with it all and really enjoyed the escape it gave me... now I hope to get some designing done LOL!

livelifejoyfully

aka Sue Cummings
Designer
Oh I've been away... and guess where I've been... I totally got sucked into it all! I first rented the movie on "On Demand" then watched it 2 times!!! I then ran to the store and bought the first two books devoured them in 4 days so I ran back to the store and bought the last two and gobbled them up in another 4 days! I wasn't able to design or anything during this time as I was totally sucked into it all LOL!! I had to finish the series so I could get my life back to normal and now I find out there is an Edward's perspective to read too!! Gah!

I'm in love with it all and really enjoyed the escape it gave me... now I hope to get some designing done LOL!

I wasn't able to design either when reading them!!!!! OMG! I'm still in the last book and am savoring every chapter!
So addddddddddddddddddictive! DEFINITELY read Edward's perspective!!!

t_a_l_i

Yes Dawn! Definitely read it. Midnight Sun, I think it is called? Anyway, very good, especially for Edward fans. :)