Oscraps

Try again to lose some weight UPDATE

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
The kilos I lost years ago are all back.
After the death of my mother, i gained a lot, you don't want to know how much I used to snack!
The problem is that I don't eat sweets during the day, but in the evening it starts with me.
But the more I say that that I am not allowed, the more I do.

This morning I started again, with an oatmeal baked in the oven with red fruit and banana, coconut flakes and low-fat yogurt.
Good start, now I have to keep up tonight with no sweets :eek2:

felis

Condolences about your mom loss!

I'm sorry but I don't believe in this diet things! I mean if you have food regime as keto, vegan, mediterranean, paleo, yes this definitely work, because have 'ideology'.
But just restriction and counting calories sounds more as punishment. Movement helps better to kilos restriction and better shape as well. Go out, breath, find new places. If you are think that you'll get bored easily and start to find excuses (my case) just get dog :) then you can't have excuses to not do it strictly!

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
You can do it Vera, you have done it before, so you know it is possible!

Keep your goals realistic and see how far you can get, one day at a time!
maybe not think negative of the evening with possibilities to snack or eat sweets, but focus positive on the times you already skipped snacks and sweets during the day!

good luck!

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
and I don't think there is a difference between a diet or a food regime, to me it is all the same. easy snacks , chocolate, cookies, chips etc. are not a part of any healty food pattern.
and i have not found any ideology that takes away my need for chocolate, nor has it stopped me from eating it. only I can do that!

Moving is a great way to burn calories!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
You can do it Vera!! I have faith in you! Have you tried Keto or Paleo? Really found that Keto was the way to go for me and have maintained the 40lb weight loss for almost 3 years now. I did manage to gain a few lbs over Christmas, but it should come off once I get back into my laps at the pool and back to hiking.

felis

and I don't think there is a difference between a diet or a food regime, to me it is all the same. easy snacks , chocolate, cookies, chips etc. are not a part of any healty food pattern.
and i have not found any ideology that takes away my need for chocolate, nor has it stopped me from eating it. only I can do that!

Moving is a great way to burn calories!

Yes, I'm not surprised you are argued with me :roll: , nothing new.
Counting calories can cause severe negative impact physically and mentally because brings self blame and disappointment when you not cover your goals.
From other side the food regime makes your mind concentrate on what you should do, and not put same feeling for restriction and fail.

This isn't my opinion or some theory I created to be talkative. Just googled "Eating disorders'' and "dangerous of calories counting".

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
You can do it Vera!! I have faith in you! Have you tried Keto or Paleo? Really found that Keto was the way to go for me and have maintained the 40lb weight loss for almost 3 years now. I did manage to gain a few lbs over Christmas, but it should come off once I get back into my laps at the pool and back to hiking.

No Keto is not for me, when i see what i can't eat anymore...

But i know what my problem is, it is candy, chips etc snacks

I had a period in which I made healthy snacks, because nothing at all works against me.
I also think it's a habit to dive into the closet in the evening, looking for something sweet.
But following a healthy diet, without having to use the word diet, I manage quite well.

Only when I come home from work at 10 p.m. am I hungry. Last night I ate fresh soup and some oatmeal, but the urge is to eat something sweet.

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I made a salad for work later this evening, with avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, shrimp, pomegranate, mango and a light dressing.
And at 12h we eat fresh vegetable soup, fish and broccoli.

So, nI just have to stay away from the sweets tonight, I don't buy it myself but my husband and son do eat it, and when I see it in the cupboard I have to eat it :eyebrows:

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
look at all those healthy things you made! it is a good start of the day!
and I understand that after work you are hungry.

in the evening i go for an apple or orange. something i have to peel, that takes time and eat slowly, instead of something that you can put in your mouth without thinking.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
WTG Vera, baby steps. I think once you start small and work your way up to your eating/exercising goals you will see a huge difference!!

I always put on a few pounds during the holidays too. I used to be able to get it back off in the spring and summer but the last few years, they do not want to go away. I can't diet (recovering anorexic)- counting calories is my downfall/obsession if I let it. I try to be more active in the spring, walks, yard work. Once the Christmas cookies are all gone, it is much easier to stop the snacking. I could eat cookies all day, every day.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
You might look in to the work of Jason Fung - The Obesity Code. I've read that book and it changed my life. I think if you can eat less frequently (no snacking!) you'll see a trend in the right direction. don't limit yourself at meal times, that just leads to binging, but only eat 3 times a day to start.

You also might look at Julia Ross and her "cure" books. That's all about amino acids and how to correct imbalances.

Good luck! You can do it!

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I found it was soda that was killing me. I lost my first 20 pounds by severely limiting my soda intake. (I was drinking the stuff like it was water.)

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
This morning I started again, with an oatmeal baked in the oven with red fruit and banana, coconut flakes and low-fat yogurt.
Good start, now I have to keep up tonight with no sweets :eek2:
Just tried an oven baked oatmeal this morning, never had that before.
I really liked it. I used just red fruit, frozen, but it tasted good.
I found a recipe and from the picture i thought it would be crunchy but it was not.
Will try it again with the coconut and banana! But not really the quick breakfast i am used to!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I have maintained my weight loss with only a few lbs gained back over the last 3 yrs or so. I started with keto and transitioned into paleo but now I carb cycle (some meals/days higher carb and some days low carb). There are various plans out there but I follow Trim Healthy Mama. I eat healthy, lots of veggies, low amount of starch, moderate fruit, low-moderate meat, eggs/protein powder a few times a week and very little white sugar and almost no wheat (the occasional burger but very seldom, mostly I eat gluten free but can sneak in a bit as long as I don't overdo it otherwise I get stomach issues). I think for me the key is to keep my gut flora healthy. I eat yogurt and granola/fruit almost every day. At night time I usually have a low carb muffin or a few cookies or an Atkins or Good Eats bar (low carb). I indulge now and again in a bag of cheesies, popcorn or chips but only a few times a month. I found that when I stopped eating a lot at night, after 2-3 days I stopped craving it and mostly now I'm happy with little or no snacking.

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Just tried an oven baked oatmeal this morning, never had that before.
I really liked it. I used just red fruit, frozen, but it tasted good.
I found a recipe and from the picture i thought it would be crunchy but it was not.
Will try it again with the coconut and banana! But not really the quick breakfast i am used to!

healthy eating requires a planning and still some time to get everything in-house. Yesterday I ate oatmeal pancake with blueberries, also very tasty!

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I have maintained my weight loss with only a few lbs gained back over the last 3 yrs or so. I started with keto and transitioned into paleo but now I carb cycle (some meals/days higher carb and some days low carb). There are various plans out there but I follow Trim Healthy Mama. I eat healthy, lots of veggies, low amount of starch, moderate fruit, low-moderate meat, eggs/protein powder a few times a week and very little white sugar and almost no wheat (the occasional burger but very seldom, mostly I eat gluten free but can sneak in a bit as long as I don't overdo it otherwise I get stomach issues). I think for me the key is to keep my gut flora healthy. I eat yogurt and granola/fruit almost every day. At night time I usually have a low carb muffin or a few cookies or an Atkins or Good Eats bar (low carb). I indulge now and again in a bag of cheesies, popcorn or chips but only a few times a month. I found that when I stopped eating a lot at night, after 2-3 days I stopped craving it and mostly now I'm happy with little or no snacking.

I also maintained my waste weight for a few years, but after a while the kilos slowly crept in again, I just have to take healthy snacks, I eat enough fruit, but I have to banish chips and cakes from my life!
Now, since I've been paying attention, I haven't eaten any more chips!
I just think I'm in the menopause (I have hot flashes, and at night I often wake up that I get so hot), one moment I lost a few pounds and then gained more weight.
I only stand on the scales once a week.

CindaA

This has been an ongoing battle for me since sometime after college. In the late 90s I got down to my goal weight with a plan called Diet Workshop. I actually ended up teaching classes there (I sometimes forget about that job). Sometime after our first son was born I did Weight Watchers. I went Paleo when our son was having health issues and I did well on that (and know I should get back to it). I even tried a vegan cleanse a couple of years ago (no weight loss for me). It all just takes a lot of planning and I try to keep my guys happy with what's on the table. I'd really like to be in my best shape when I turn 50 later this year so I need to get a plan in gear! I am going to check out Obesity Code and the Diet Cure as soon as they are available at our library. I do believe that weight loss is more like Chemistry than Math. I need to find the right formula for my body.

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
At the moment it is going well, healthy food is doing very well. The snacks, I have not eaten any more chips, no longer need it (who would have thought that) an occasional a cake from 100-cal if i really can't resist it. Hopefully I will keep up well!

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
This has been an ongoing battle for me since sometime after college. In the late 90s I got down to my goal weight with a plan called Diet Workshop. I actually ended up teaching classes there (I sometimes forget about that job). Sometime after our first son was born I did Weight Watchers. I went Paleo when our son was having health issues and I did well on that (and know I should get back to it). I even tried a vegan cleanse a couple of years ago (no weight loss for me). It all just takes a lot of planning and I try to keep my guys happy with what's on the table. I'd really like to be in my best shape when I turn 50 later this year so I need to get a plan in gear! I am going to check out Obesity Code and the Diet Cure as soon as they are available at our library. I do believe that weight loss is more like Chemistry than Math. I need to find the right formula for my body.

So recognizable, I have tried unemployment benefit 4 times, fitness 2 times, dietician 3 times, diet at the fitness club, body styling (training in heated cabins)
It all works, but that is a lifestyle that you have to maintain.

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Next week I go to a dietician, I can't do it on myself. Some days go very well and other days not. I really want to lose weight and so it is time to get help.

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I know very well what I am allowed and what I am not allowed to do, but if I don't have to step on the scale every week, I will not be able to

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
I know what you mean. I don't have a scale, but every week I check in at my mom's and step on her scale! I don't want a scale in my house, so I don't get to obsessed to step on it every day.

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
It's only logical that it is hard in this stressful times..

but "een tok achter the deur"(Dutch saying) always come in handy

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Vera-- most important is to be kind to yourself. I know it is way easier said than done. But it is important that you love yourself and your body so you don't react to it in anger by either eating too much or not enough. Life is soooo darn stressful right now and I wish I could give you a big hug in person.
Good luck with the dietician and tell her/him that you aren't comfortable with the scale. They should be able to have you use another method of "measuring" like trying the same pair of pants on each week instead. Or just checking in with yourself to see how you feel. "Do I feel healthy?" is a much more important metric than "How much do I weigh?"

xo

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Chris i know what you mean. But because i have artorse and fibromyalgia my obesity is a problem. I don't have to be a size 36, and i don't care about that number on the scale, but i have to lose weight for my own health because i experience physical discomfort.
But i already feel your digital hug, thank you sweetie <3

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I didn't know it had been January since I made another weight-loss attempt. Now, so it didn't work out on myself. Usually I lost 2 kg and then I regained it. Since July I have been going to a dietician. I have stood still for 3wk, because I was on vacation and I also wanted to enjoy an ice cream, etc. And, now I have lost 5kg. I don't do it so strict (I had told her that too) I also want to finish it and then snack on it otherwise I will not keep it up and I will revert to my old habits. I said, I try to do it per 5kg and if I stay at this rate I hope to lose 25kg within a year.

timounette

CHEERY O
Congrats Vera.
I have lost 11 kg since february.
I use a free apps : YAZIO.
I weigh all my food so that I don't exceed my daily calories.
At the same time I do sports 4 times a week.
Recently I have been losing less, but my body continues to change.