Oscraps

Trendy Button Challenge May 2013

CraftyButtonDesigns

Trendy Button Challenge

xSMSVT7.jpg

What this challenge is all about…

Hello and I am Amber Button from Crafty Button Designs found exclusively here on Oscraps. I have decided to host a challenge, monthly for now but maybe I will do this more often in the future. So the challenge will start the first Monday of the month and end the Sunday before the first Monday of the next month. I will choose a winner within a day or so and they will receive a $5 gift card to our Oscraps shop HERE!

So for this challenge, although it will be different every month, it will always be about design and scrapbooking trends. Each month we will give you a chance to explore a trend. (For example, washi tape, pockets, colors, floral etc.) Maybe one you’ve mastered or maybe it will be one you’ve been afraid to try. There will always be some kind of freebie to aid you in creating your entry and I will always provide some inspirational examples created by myself or my creative team.

This month’s Topic…

DVOKMYIl.jpg

Pantone is always know for choosing “THE” colors for the year. The colors they choose are always big in fashion, interior design and graphic design. This challenge is all about using Pantone’s colors for 2013. I am providing you with a swatch of the 10 colors and some black and white and desaturated items along with a video tutorial. The challenge is to use these trendy colors in creative ways to create a layout or art journal page.​

image.php

Link to Freebie, please only download if you will be entering the challenge:​
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/product.php?productid=34204

The Rules…

The rules may change from one challenge to another but for this month’s May 2013 Color challenge, the rules are as follows:
You must use at least 3 colors from the provided color swatches.
50% of your entry must be from Crafty Button Designs shop HERE. (For this challenge since it’s our first you can use the freebie for this but there are TONS of awesome and inexpensive items in our shop)
100% of your entry must be from Oscraps so dig into your O’Stash or visit the freebies section of the Oscraps shop!
You do not have to use the freebie pack I have linked here, but you may not use only the freebie items. I want you to get creative and get into your own stash or visit the shop.

Post your entry in our Crafty Button Designs Oscraps Gallery HERE and here to this thread to help inspire your fellow Oscrappers just please don’t forget to credit the items and shops used in your entry. For this challenge, entries MUST BE POSTED by 11:59PM Pacific Standard time on Sunday June 2nd. Be creative and have fun! I can’t wait to see the entries!

Last edited by a moderator:

CraftyButtonDesigns

And here's an inspirational example I created which is not an entry, just an example. I saw those colors and thought rainbows and when I think rainbows, well you can see below. Remember, the sky's the limit so I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

GasiwKhl.jpg

I used the follow Crafty Button Designs Products:

Artsy Papers: http://www.oscraps.com/shop/product.php?productid=34168&cat=652&page=1
Oz Colored Illustrations: http://www.oscraps.com/shop/product.php?productid=33868&cat=652&page=2
Oz Bundle: http://www.oscraps.com/shop/product.php?productid=33872
Challenge Freebie: See Challenge description

Last edited by a moderator:

dwsewbiz

oh awesome challenge...I LOVE color swatch challenges :)

And Amber I love the way you used color in your example! Vera beautiful page, love that orange!!

CraftyButtonDesigns

Challenges are so much fun because of how different each entry is using the same rules and colors and such. I love the softness of Vera's layout.

sandsock

This was a challenge. I not sure that the blue is just right, but had so much trouble recoloring it, that I tried a paper over it. Everything else went fine. Thanks for the tut.
2011-05-c-train.jpg

CraftyButtonDesigns

Don't worry about the coloring. I hope the tutorial helped. I really get the idea of the colors and they do help tell your story here. I love the photos and his dinosaur shirt really does help pull it all together. Boys and their toys right? Mine is 7 now and I miss his toddler trains phase! Love it!

sbpoet

Logic & Imagination

[A couple of NOTES: I don't know where to find the video? And - a heads-up, some of your files don't have your designer code on them, and could easily get lost & unattributed on my hard drive...)

I had fun doing this, thanks for the challenge.

CraftyButtonDesigns

[A couple of NOTES: I don't know where to find the video? And - a heads-up, some of your files don't have your designer code on them, and could easily get lost & unattributed on my hard drive...)

I had fun doing this, thanks for the challenge.

To answer your questions, I just started adding my designer code as CBD to files about a month ago, not sure why it took me so long but from now on they have CBD on them. Thanks! The video is included in the freebie kit. It's one of the downloads for that item. So if you got the freebie and un-zipped it, it should have been there. It's in the folder CBD_TBC_TutTouandCOv. Let me know if you still can't find it and I will email it to you but I know other customers have used it so maybe you missed that folder?
Thanks so much for entering!
AMber

easyeyes4you

Took me awhile to get to this one...Knew there would be a LOT of playing...Had fun with your tutorial.... I think I took artisit license with this since I got into a couple of fancy brushes...anyway...here it is!

CraftyButtonDesigns

TBC May 2013 WINNER ANNOUNCED!

First of all I want to thank everyone for participating in our first Trendy Button Challenge! There were so many beautiful entries and so it was hard to choose just one! The winner of the May Trendy Button Challenge is:

SBPOET!

7SUhlKW.jpg

Don't forget to check out June's Trendy Button Challenge which will be posted later today, Monday June, 3rd. The theme is Art Journaling and there will be another freebie and a more in depth video tutorial!