Oscraps

The New Normal for me - what is it for you?

Lynn Grieveson

Designer
Designer
Several years ago, not long after my world kind of fell apart, a good friend sent an email checking in, and said she hoped I was adjusting to my 'new normal'.

Well, my initial gut reaction to that was 'nope, no way, I REJECT this new normal, thank you very much!'.

So that phrase has some interesting connotations for me. But I realised recently that I again have a 'new normal', and it is a great one consisting of dawn swims on our new island home.

I thought it would be an interesting theme for a collection, and I loved the colours in this month's ColorPlay and so "The New Normal" was born :)

lgrieveson-new-normal-bu-smaller.jpg

It worked for some older photos

As well as some more of life as it is now ...

Thanks for reading! :)

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Oh, Lynn, this is a term I fight with in my head all the time. This is such an interesting collection for me and I'm sure I can fall in love with it. I'm in a "new phase" of my life - I don't think I'll ever think of it as "normal" like you hinted. I love this and also the templates that you've posted.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I'm not going to lie, to me, 'the new normal' is forever associated with COVID restrictions so when I saw the collection... my first thought was 'seriously? she didn't'... but then I took a closer look and LOVED it. My husband and I often joke that the only constant in our lives is change, over the past twenty years we've had a number of 'new normals', some were fun, some weren't... but the phrase itself has no negative connotation to me, more like 'here we go again, let's see what we can make out of it'.

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
This kit is beautiful, Lynn, and the theme is an outstanding idea. I take great comfort in the scrapbooking community, as I am not alone; many here are going through changes that I can relate to. It seems 'the new normal' is changing daily, and I have decided to keep moving forward, step by step.