Oscraps

Swiss Water Process Decaf

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I took myself off of caffeine about six years ago for health reasons. I was pretty excited to make the move until I talked with my friend today. She was telling me about all the chemicals they use to take the caffeine out of coffee. I then looked up other methods and found out that there is a process called Swiss Water. Have any of you drank Swiss Water Processed Decaf coffee? Can you tell the difference? I was really loving my Dunkin' Donut decaf ground coffee!:sad2:

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I've never heard of that, Evelyn. Sounds interesting, though. I never drank decaf - if I had to switch, I just stopped drinking it. LOL
I did love the pep coffee gave me but I started having problems with my blood pressure. I didn't want to give up coffee completely so I switched to decaf. However, now I found out many, but not all, of them have harmful chemicals in them due to the decaffeination process. My husband bought me some decaf coffee from Krogers tonight that has the Swiss Water process decaffeination. I am hoping it tastes good!