Oscraps

September Challenge #2 - Double Scraplift

Kythe

CHEERY O
1629047708256.png
All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!

September 2021 Challenge #2 Double Scraplift
Please note I will be away for some time and may not be able to comment on all your wonderful pages. Have lots of fun creating for the challenge.
Welcome to the September Double Scraplift Challenge. A double scraplift is simply the combining of two different layouts. You may choose any two layouts from the gallery and blend their attributes any way you like. Some may combine the composition and design while others may choose the colour palette, theme, elements or various techniques. What you choose is up to you. As always, after posting your entry into the challenge Gallery 2, link it back to this thread.

One very important rule is as well as creating your layout; you must link the layouts chosen to this thread and explain what you did to combine the two into one unique layout.

Here are the two layouts I used:
pam p https://oscraps.com/community/media/in-the-background-jpg.353879/

1629047770591.png
NAdams https://oscraps.com/community/media/portrait-age-and-wisdom_app-aubade-nadams_600-jpg.353330/

1629047797404.png

This is my new layout combining the portrait and blending of layers from the second example with the background interest of the first. I created my LO using:

Anna Aspnes Transfers Ordinaire https://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtsyTransfers-Ordinaire.html
Soma Designs Horse Stable https://www.oscraps.com/shop/SoMa-Design-Horse-Stable-Kit.html

full

RULES:
- Choose any two layouts from the gallery - Give the member’s name and link their layouts to this thread - post your layout in the Challenge 2 Gallery and link back here - - explain what you used from each layout
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout cannot be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 2 gallery by midnight PST September 30 2021 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Last edited:

sandra-9663

Thanks for the Challenge!!
I went to the gallery of one of my favorite designers: Timounette
first choice for inspiration:

second choice for inspiration:

my layout:
I was inspired by the straight lines in the first layout and by the diamond-shaped photo frames in the second one.

Last edited:

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I want to be better at art journaling, so I went to the art journal section of the gallery, and picked to layouts to lift. I picked @Madi 's fake it - where I'm going to be inspired by creating a charachter out of elements and using a bold background paper:

And then I picked @cherylindesigns Anna Lift September - where I'm gonna pick up the use of messy stitches.

Here's my result:

Kythe

CHEERY O
Oh wow! You all are awesome! Totally love the diversity and talent expressed in all your work. Thanks for explaining the thought process you went through to create your images.

sondrateer

Last edited:

nobles

Ursula
Thanks for the challenge, Kythe. I went to the Anna Aspnes gallery and found these two layouts.

I got inspired by the bird, the colours and the lace element

The inspiration was the triple frame

my result

Kythe

CHEERY O
I am so happy to see so many wonderful newly inspired pages for the challenge. Well done everyone.

Dorci

It was a great challenge, thank you Kythe!

I went to the gallery of Palvinka. I lifted these gorgeous layouts by @bryanna and @Kamá. I was inspired by the wonderful clusters and arrangement of the first layout and by the use of empty frames, text brush and thread in the background in the second one.

full
full

Here's my page:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
It was a great challenge, thank you Kythe!

I went to the gallery of Palvinka. I lifted these gorgeous layouts by @bryanna and @Kamá. I was inspired by the wonderful clusters and arrangement of the first layout and by the use of empty frames, text brush and thread in the background in the second one.

full
full

Here's my page:

Such a wonderful page you have created with your chosen pages! Beautiful work! Thanks for participating in the challenge, Dorci!