Oscraps

scratch disk

AK_Tracy

Good Morning.
@Vicki Robinson I have a questions and since you're the Mac wizard I thought you might know the answer. Oscraps has created a wonderful problem, and my laptop is almost filled up. :heartpumppink: When I open PSE and try to do anything it tells me "scratch disk almost full" and I cant do anything. I have all my kits and zip files on an EHD (2 actually) and wondered a few things. Dare I delete them off my hard drive? My gut says NO. In the Daily O discussion there was mentioned that I could change the way PSE does things and limit the scratch disk space its allowed to use or change it to use the EHD. The directions and experience were for a PC and well, that's not me. :heartpumppink: In PSE I did see scratch disk preferences but it only lists the hard drive on my laptop, cannot find how to add the EHD. I am wondering if you have any ideas. It tells me I have 4 gb available LOL So yes, its almost full. All my LO are on EHD so I can't delete any of those. I've emptied the cache. I have no extra un-needed files. I am deleting hubs phone backup (after I made him put it on his laptop) and that will free some space but I keep battling this issue every month. Partly all the amazing kits and partly all the photos I take. I hope this makes sense and isn't just the ramblings of an under caffeinated woman.

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
Hi Tracey!

Let me see if I can help. Can you tell me how much RAM (memory, not hard drive space) your Mac has and which version of PSE youn use? Also, please attach a screen shot of the dialogue box you get when you go to the Main Menu Photoshop Elements>Settings>Scratch Disk.

• In case you don't know how to do that, when you get to the right place, hold down SHFT + CMD with your left hand and without letting go, with your right hand, press the 4 key. Then drag a selection around what you want the screen shot of. When you let go, the screenshot PNG will be on your desktop, named "screenshot" with the date and time. The PNG file size will most likely be too big to upload here, so just open it in PSE (just accept that warning message), then do File>Save for Web and give it a new name.

Mine looks like this:

Screenshot-2024-10-06-.jpg