mrstoa
is there software available for iPad
want to edit and design psd files
so far unable to find
thanks

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
Great to hear from you! I only know of Photoshop for Ipad I hope others have better ideas!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I have absolutely no answer to your question, just wanted to say: it's nice to see you again!

Last edited:

LazyDaisy

Hi, I use procreate. It’s not as powerful as Photoshop but it’s very similar in some ways. You can copy, save & edit Psd files. I’m not sure how big you want to go but 12” x 12” with 300 dpi only goes to 37 layers, which sometimes is annoying with large files like some templates. You can also import PS brushes. The abr files. It’s just had an upgrade with the focus on 3d art. I havent tried it yet as it only updated this week. Ive used photoshop for iPad & pse app & I think procreate is better, personally. I’m not a sales person for it, I promise. It is just a one off payment & no subscription. It is more than worth it. There is no free trial that I know of. I think it’s close to USD$10 to buy. There is an iPad version & a iPhone version called pocket procreate. I haven’t used the iPhone app much. It Is supposed to be quite good now.

I know people who use affinity, I have heard good things. There is also Pixelmator I know some people use it for photo editing. Ive Been told it’s better with photo editing than procreate. The 3 are all layer based graphic art tools. Procreate, I do think lacks a little with photo editing. Saying that, i know that some will use pixelmator on their photos & then import to procreate to continue their work. i know/knew people who do/did that.

So if you have procreate questions, please ask. I’m not the world‘s best scrapper & I only started early this year but all my work is with procreate & may show you a bit that it can do to my ability. There’s tonnes of tutorials on youtube & the support groups on facebook or r/procreate are really helpful. i can’t really help with Affinity but I can ask others about pixelmator. I’m bit stuck in my procreate comfort zone, I do like it & it does have an amazing feel to it, especially when you use the brushes. Bit weird but true. Sorry, I’ve written a lot but I hope I helped.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Affinity Designer is good. It has a slightly different logic to it, so there will be a learning curve, but it is fully compatible with PSD files and brushes. Not styles though...

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
is there software available for iPad
want to edit and design psd files
so far unable to find
thanks
Jack!!!!!!!!! How ARE YOU sweetheart!!! it has been ages since I 'saw' your lovely face!!! Hope you are keeping well! Have missed you big time! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

cindyirv

I play with photoshop, photoshop elements and affinity photo on my desktop, so I got affinity photo for my ipad to see how it works. Honestly, for the longest time, using affinity photo on either the desktop or the ipad was a pain - it doesn't work the same as the Adobe products. There was quite a learning curve! But I am getting familiar with affinity photo for both the desktop and ipad now and find it maybe not quite as good as photoshop (yet!) but better than photoshop elements.

Things are named differently (drop shadows are outer shadows for one!) and some of the processes are different, but once you learn these differences, affinity photo is excellent. *wry grin* I sat with youtube open to look up stuff I can do without thought in PS when I actually decided to learn the program. Love the pay once and no subscription as well.

PSD files work well in affinity photo - but if you want to save items as psd files, you need to remember to "export" them to psd's - otherwise things will save in the affinity photo native file format.