Oscraps

Probably the biggest scare I've ever had in my all life

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Hi girls, today I got one of those frights where your heart almost jumps out of your mouth. Imagine, I connect one of my external disks and all of a sudden I just found a folder that said Oscraps and inside just the APP Ocher, all the remaining 1.2 Tb of data, some that I can't even recover anymore, were gone. My heart started beating fast and I was trying to disguise that I was just panicking. When I finally managed to think I tried turning the disk off and on and the third time there I was able to see all the folders intact. Phew!! what a relief. Have you ever had a similar experience? I hope not, it's scary. :eek:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Oh my goodness, Ana, that IS truly frightening! I had an old EHD that died - I know there was a lot of old stuff on it. That's the only one I've ever had that completely died. I'm SO glad you got everything back!!

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Oh my goodness, Ana, that IS truly frightening! I had an old EHD that died - I know there was a lot of old stuff on it. That's the only one I've ever had that completely died. I'm SO glad you got everything back!!
Thanks Cheryl!! I need to see if there is anything wrong with this disk.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I haven't had this happen but I don't want to risk it either so I backup everything with Backblaze. They will backup EHD's as long as you plug them into your main computer at least once every 30 days. Since I only have 2 EHD's it's not too much of a hassle.

I hope your EHD behaves itself from now on!

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
I haven't had this happen but I don't want to risk it either so I backup everything with Backblaze. They will backup EHD's as long as you plug them into your main computer at least once every 30 days. Since I only have 2 EHD's it's not too much of a hassle.

I hope your EHD behaves itself from now on!
I do hope so!! is that a free service Angie?

RJMJ

Hi girls, today I got one of those frights where your heart almost jumps out of your mouth. Imagine, I connect one of my external disks and all of a sudden I just found a folder that said Oscraps and inside just the APP Ocher, all the remaining 1.2 Tb of data, some that I can't even recover anymore, were gone. My heart started beating fast and I was trying to disguise that I was just panicking. When I finally managed to think I tried turning the disk off and on and the third time there I was able to see all the folders intact. Phew!! what a relief. Have you ever had a similar experience? I hope not, it's scary. :eek:
@AnaSantos Sadly...I've been there Dear Ana...I lost everything I had on an EHD about 2 years & ago now...I still never got over it...Luckily I was able to recover some of the things...but very minimal of what was there...& on top of that my computer crashed about 8 months later & I lost everything...I cried for days after...:(:(:(...But eventually as some many months went by...it got better...but I lost a lot of my rather large Lilypad stash & I have never gotten it back...They wanted to charge me a lot of money to get it back...I refused to pay...since I had already paid once..And I wasn't in the position to afford to pay twice...I was not happy about that...& it still bothers me even to this day...But alas I did end up getting some things back...Thanks to some very kind Lilypad designers who gave me back what I purchased from them!!!...SO...needless to say...I'm THRILLED!!!!!!!!...you haven't had to go through all the loss & anxiety I had to...Hearts ♥♥♥ & Hugs ...xx Rhonda...#kiss3...

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
@AnaSantos Sadly...I've been there Dear Ana...I lost everything I had on an EHD about 2 years & ago now...I still never got over it...Luckily I was able to recover some of the things...but very minimal of what was there...& on top of that my computer crashed about 8 months later & I lost everything...I cried for days after...:(:(:(...But eventually as some many months went by...it got better...but I lost a lot of my rather large Lilypad stash & I have never gotten it back...They wanted to charge me a lot of money to get it back...I refused to pay...since I had already paid once..And I wasn't in the position to afford to pay twice...I was not happy about that...& it still bothers me even to this day...But alas I did end up getting some things back...Thanks to some very kind Lilypad designers who gave me back what I purchased from them!!!...SO...needless to say...I'm THRILLED!!!!!!!!...you haven't had to go through all the loss & anxiety I had to...Hearts ♥♥♥ & Hugs ...xx Rhonda...#kiss3...
Oh, so sorry to ear that sweet Rhonda, it´s terrible!! I can't even imagine. I'll have to find a solution quickly. This disk makes a direct copy to another one but I don't know what happened, I have to try to understand. :rolleyes: xxx

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I already know the answer, LoL!!! 70 UDS per year :rolleyes:
Yes, there is a fee, but it's not as much as some other backup services and I feel it's worth it. Using their backed up files I was able to restore everything after a hard drive crash a few years ago, including personal and business files; I don't only use it for scrapping files. :)

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Yes, I have, but mine didn't turn out well like yours. I lost an entire EHD of pictures from 2007-2010. Every picture I took.

Right now, go and get a full back up online, or get a new EHD AND a backup. You NEVER want this to happen again!

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
I had that happen as well. I was the stooge and paid 25.00 to get reset links. They were kits I really wanted though. I never even thought to contact the designers.

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Yes, I have, but mine didn't turn out well like yours. I lost an entire EHD of pictures from 2007-2010. Every picture I took.

Right now, go and get a full back up online, or get a new EHD AND a backup. You NEVER want this to happen again!
This is a good advice, truly!! thanks!!

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Yes, there is a fee, but it's not as much as some other backup services and I feel it's worth it. Using their backed up files I was able to restore everything after a hard drive crash a few years ago, including personal and business files; I don't only use it for scrapping files. :)
I will keep this in mind, Angie!! thanks for the tip. xoxo

Reactions: AZK

Amandajk

I had that happen as well. I was the stooge and paid 25.00 to get reset links. They were kits I really wanted though. I never even thought to contact the designers.
I did too. My computer crashed and I had to "choose" between the products purchased to be allowed to recover. Only got half back. :/ But now I have two EHD's and we plan to also do Backblaze next month. Good thing cos my OScraps folder is growing!! Hmmm. #dk
Wonder how that happens???
iu

Hmmm

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Hubby says that my disk is fine, there are no errors or anything, just slower!! As I have two disks in this unit and one makes a copy to the other I think I'll be fine for now... just saying :rolleyes: