Oscraps

Photoshop Help with Templates

LSlycord

Good grief! I swear my brain only works at about 50% capacity most of the time! I was so excited to use Sandrine's new template (still so excited to use it but a little frustrated:mad:) for the Day 1 challenge. I use PS and I want to clip a paper to the Christmas tree but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I did read an interesting tutorial on creating my own masks but all I really want is to clip the paper to the tree. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Are you using PS or PSE? In PS you can put the paper layer above the layer you want to clip to and then hover your cursor (in the layers panel) between the two layers WHILE HOLDING DOWN THE ALT KEY and you will see the cursor change to a downward pointer and then click and the top layer will be clipped to the bottom layer. Make sense?

bcgal00

CHEERY O
You can also do it by being on the top layer, then right click on the top layer to bring up the menu and select "create clipping mask". It does the same thing, just a different way of doing it.

LSlycord

I'm using PS. Used to use PSE but when I came back to digital scrapping I decided to go with PS. It has been a learning curve. :oops: But that makes perfect sense so thank you! I appreciate the help!

timounette

CHEERY O
Oh Sorry for that Diane :(
I use Photoshop5 (an old one) and to clip a paper I do Ctrl +Alt+G
Hope it can help you.