Oscraps

Photoshop Elements 2022?

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
So, Adobe will be rolling out their annual new version of PSE soon, and I'm hearing that the main changes are some new guided photo edits and the WARP TOOL! I've wanted to have the warp tool for a long time, but I'm wondering if that is worth upgrading. Decisions, decisions! For those of you that have warp tool capabilities, do you think it's worth the upgrade? As usual, the new version retails for $99 but is expected to be on sale.

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
I use PSE for most of my tutorials, but think I'm going to pass on this version. Usually the “uograde” price is $79.

Reactions: AZK

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I haven't upgraded since 2018, so I might get this one. It would be nice to have a warp tool. I STILL love PSE - I have CC too, but just can't "break the bond".

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
I use PS mainly, but I am familiarizing myself more with PSE so I can better answer questions and flip some of my scrap lift tutorials to PSE. I do a lot of separating layers and I know there is a work around or action.... (and I need to learn the work around), time is usually a factor for me, so I head over to PS. I currently have PSE 2021 as well.

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
I use PS mainly, but I am familiarizing myself more with PSE so I can better answer questions and flip some of my scrap lift tutorials to PSE. I do a lot of separating layers and I know there is a work around or action.... (and I need to learn the work around), time is usually a factor for me, so I head over to PS. I currently have PSE 2021 as well.
I’m a PS user, but do many of my tutorials in PSE. Do you mean separating shadow layer styles onto a separate layer? If so, apply your shadow and leave the effects dialog box open. In the document workspace, drag the shadow as far from the element as you can and then close the dialog box. Right click and Simplify the element layer, then using one of the Selection Tools, cut the shadow to a new layer (control or command J). There are actions you can buy, but there’s really no need.

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
I’m a PS user, but do many of my tutorials in PSE. Do you mean separating shadow layer styles onto a separate layer? If so, apply your shadow and leave the effects dialog box open. In the document workspace, drag the shadow as far from the element as you can and then close the dialog box. Right click and Simplify the element layer, then using one of the Selection Tools, cut the shadow to a new layer (control or command J). There are actions you can buy, but there’s really no need.
Ooo, yes that is what I meant. Thank you. I use some actions, but not many..... I'll be practicing that in PSE for sure.