Oscraps

Old Paper Scrapping Supplies

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I'm packing up to move to a new home next week, and I'm trying to be really selective about what I take with me. I have one of those rolling scrapbooking totes full of papers, stickers, scissors, etc etc etc, that I just grabbed out of one closet and put into another 4 years ago when I last moved, and it remained untouched until now. I had it in mind to just give away the whole thing, but then made the mistake of looking inside to see if there was something I really wanted to keep. So now my "keep" pile is getting bigger than my "donate" pile, even though I haven't paper scrapped anything in about 10 years. :rolleyes:

So many of us digi scrappers started out in the paper scrapbooking world. I'm wondering how many of us who only scrap digitally now still have a stash of paper supplies they just can't part with? Even if you never use them? :cool: ;)

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
Guilty! We have losts of paper, just taking up space.
The first stuff we bought is all gone now, things we really do not see us use,
but still good has gone to charity stores
Every now and then we reorganize (because we need space!)
I dont think we will ever give it all up.

Reactions: AZK

Kythe

CHEERY O
May I suggest that you donate your unwanted paper/etc stash to your nearest elementary school? As a former teacher such things were gold in the classroom for K-3

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
When we moved this last time (half way across the country) I thought I'd get rid of a lot of my paper stash. NO WAY I couldn't do it. I didn't bring all of my big "containers" with me, but I just couldn't part with my "paper stuff". I have used some of it already and we have extended family members with young-ish girls and I know they'll want to do a project at some point and time.

I vote to take it with you - I just knew I'd regret it if I didn't. I've had to be clever about my storage, but I brought it.

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I think we would all react the same way, I also have a box like this in the attic, in case of ...

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
May I suggest that you donate your unwanted paper/etc stash to your nearest elementary school? As a former teacher such things were gold in the classroom for K-3
Actually, that was my initial plan; there is a Buy Nothing, Sell Nothing FB group I belong to that I was going make a post in, and you do have free rein to choose who you give things to. I would love it if an educator expressed interest; I would be so much less likely to hold onto the stuff for another 10 years!

margje

The O is awesOme
I am moving to a new home too in October! And yes I had some stuff donated too! But I kept a little for making cards and tags! I have no workplace for myself for the next two years! After that we will move again and I will have a space for myself! So some stuff will be kept in boxes on the attic!

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I am moving to a new home too in October! And yes I had some stuff donated too! But I kept a little for making cards and tags! I have no workplace for myself for the next two years! After that we will move again and I will have a space for myself! So some stuff will be kept in boxes on the attic!

That's why I started sorting through my supplies, because I thought I might want to keep a few things for the occasional card or some other little project. I initially was going to just donate the whole thing without looking inside first. Which takes us back to my first post. :rolleyes::D

digiscrapper

Pictures, please
Half my basement is littered with paper, stamps, inks, full themed kits, pens, rulers, scraps......I stopped paper scrapping when a close family friend died 10 years ago. I still have lots of envelopes of printed pictures I need to paper scrap. I used to paper scrap for others, and did that well and efficiently. Digital takes me forever, so I don't dig-scrap for others.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Two years ago, I had a garage sale and got rid of just about everything- it was a name your own price and there was a new KDG teacher that was looking at a lot of it. I told her to take whatever she wanted for some ridiculously low price (had to have been about $5-10 dollars for *everything* -- I remember how much money you would pay out of pocket and hope that some of it would get reimbursed.
Caitlyn has a long-term gift idea for her boyfriend and is looking for scrap supplies. Unfortunately, the only stuff I really saved was paper and some stuff like chalks and glitter

Danesa

Danesa
I was a creative scrapbook consultant years ago. I still have lots of papers & supplies. Recently, I've loved beginning journals and I use both digital, combined with tactile supplies. Also, for years, I save my annual Christmas cards and every week, I draw one of the cards out of my Christmas cards and send a little note/card just to let them know I thought of them that week/day. (I then put that card in another box so I don't repeat to same people.) It's allowed me to get rid of my paper stash and digital creations I've printed out. I've received so many comments on how it has made their day, when they received it in the mail. Sometimes, its just a piece of paper I grab from my stash .. fold it, write a note and send.

I feel for ya,,,its hard to part with my paper goods... :)

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I was a creative scrapbook consultant years ago. I still have lots of papers & supplies. Recently, I've loved beginning journals and I use both digital, combined with tactile supplies. Also, for years, I save my annual Christmas cards and every week, I draw one of the cards out of my Christmas cards and send a little note/card just to let them know I thought of them that week/day. (I then put that card in another box so I don't repeat to same people.) It's allowed me to get rid of my paper stash and digital creations I've printed out. I've received so many comments on how it has made their day, when they received it in the mail. Sometimes, its just a piece of paper I grab from my stash .. fold it, write a note and send.

I feel for ya,,,its hard to part with my paper goods... :)
What a wonderful idea! I'm going to have to send you a Christmas card this year so I can get a note back sometime in 2022!

Well, I did it! I posted my caddy and everything that I didn't want to keep on the local Buy Nothing group on Facebook and waited a couple of days to see what sort of responses I got. Keeping Kythe's comment about teachers in mind, and not knowing any personally, I asked respondents what they would use the collection for. I ultimately chose a responder who said that she and her husband had just signed up to be campsite hosts through our state campground system, and she would use them to have arts and crafts events for the kids that camped there.

It may not look like a lot to some of you, but this whole getup weighed about 20-30 lbs:

240506084_10223774669329417_120063000128556539_n.jpg

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Well I gave 90% of my old scrapbooking stuff (stamps, stencils, ink pads, papers, heat gun etc) when I moved down here and now I AM HAVING TO BUY IT ALL AGAIN!!!!!!!!! lol!!! I have started making art journals with a passion so I am really really sorry that I did that. :( But of course I hadn't planned on doing real life art journaling but that is life isn't it, expect the unexpected!! LOL! I would suggest keeping some of the big stuff and your fave papers and like everyone has said, donate them to a local school or is there is local scrapbooking place they might like some additional resources for any classes they run?

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Well I gave 90% of my old scrapbooking stuff (stamps, stencils, ink pads, papers, heat gun etc) when I moved down here and now I AM HAVING TO BUY IT ALL AGAIN!!!!!!!!!
Cannot count all the times I've done the same thing. "I'm never gonna use this again, I might as well throw/sell/give it away!" ... just to find that "I wish I still had that thingamajing, it would be perfect for this". Has turned me into a hoarder. LOL Hubby is a bit the same. Our son will hate us once we're gone and he's left with this house and all our stuff. LOL

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Cannot count all the times I've done the same thing. "I'm never gonna use this again, I might as well throw/sell/give it away!" ... just to find that "I wish I still had that thingamajing, it would be perfect for this". Has turned me into a hoarder. LOL Hubby is a bit the same. Our son will hate us once we're gone and he's left with this house and all our stuff. LOL
Well my older sister is worse than me, she had a big room of craft stuff and she told me the other day that if anything happens to her its all coming to me!!!!!!! hahahhaaaa!!! good grief! I will have to buy a new house!!! :) I think cause our hobbies change it does make us hoard stuff............. I have a ton of material as well, even though I gave away heaps, knowing that 'one day' I may want to do some quilting/sewing!!! LOL!!! :)